Author Topic: Henry's 2018  (Read 15620 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Henry's 2018
« on: Aug 02, 2018, 03:53 PM »
Ok so I know its a bit early for this but man have I had it with the heat and NO precipitation this year. All I can do is sit inside and think of ICE!!!! I will start working on my new sleeper (clamx200) soon and that will keep me going till this trip. Check your emails as I have sent out the 1st of many between now and December. I changed things a little this year. Tightlines
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Henry's 2018
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2018, 08:15 AM »
Hi Guys, Thanks Matt for putting this together again this year and all your efforts with planning. Post some pictures of the progress on the sleeper when you get going. I'm looking forward to hardwater season already for sure.
Hope everyone is having a great summer.
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Its no problem, I had to change it up a little for how I was putting the room together, as last year got a bit hectic. As usual I tied to get the most bang for the buck for the group and it was great the way they treated us opening up the other rooms. This year will still be a good time and they are going to accomodate us just the same. I will get a post going of the x200 when I get it in the garage. One thing I forgot to mention in the email was to keep the gear swap thing going again this year, so everyone should bring some things they might be willing to trade with. Now I know not everyone wants to haul a bunch more stuff up there but if theres 1 or 2 things you might willing to trade then lets keep it going. I'll be looking hard at some of my stufff when I start taking the ice gear out this year
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2018, 05:37 PM »
 Definitely ready for some cold weather. Thanks for doing this thread. I was just getting on to Start one and saw it. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys again and can’t wait for some more good times as always. Hope everybody is doing well!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2018, 02:41 PM »
50 day count down  :woot: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot: :woot: :icefish: :icefish: of course with good ice  :bow: :bow:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Sweet!  :thumbsup:
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2018, 07:33 AM »
I'm ready, can't come fast enough!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2018, 07:55 AM »
I hear ya, its time!!! Thought I would post that story on here you sent me this morning Slap

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2018/06/fish-arent-surviving-in-henrys-lake-looks-to-be-a-very-bad-season/

Guess I dont know how to take this, I know the big fish numbers have been declining for many years but our catch rates for our group have been fairly good numbers wise and atleast 98% of the fish we catch go back in great shape. We never really have had huge amounts of BIG fish, just the one here and there. Maybe 2-3 each year  :-\ Oh and on another note the peeps with underwater cameras there see a ton of fish that just dont bite
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2018, 09:08 AM »
The fishing definitely sucks. I advise all to stay home.  :whistle:

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2018, 10:17 PM »
No matter how bad the fishing is I am still going and you can’t stop me

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2018, 02:49 PM »
Oh wait, you mean there are fish there?  I thought it was the Ice Expo West with all the newest ideas in ice fishing... This is great there might be fish too......JK,,,

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Oh wait, you mean there are fish there?  I thought it was the Ice Expo West with all the newest ideas in ice fishing... This is great there might be fish too......JK,,,
:roflmao:  I will be heading over to Henry’s this year with you guys and have a special treat as far as the latest and greatest is concerned. Redneck to the next level!

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2018, 09:18 PM »
:roflmao:  I will be heading over to Henry’s this year with you guys and have a special treat as far as the latest and greatest is concerned. Redneck to the next level!
Can I get a sneak preview please I don't think I am going to make it this year. I'm going under the knife. To take of some inheritance pieces.  ::) ;D :: :P

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Can I get a sneak preview please I don't think I am going to make it this year. I'm going under the knife. To take of some inheritance pieces.  ::) ;D :: :P
Let’s just say I put some skis under a lazy boy recliner among other things. Hopefully your surgery goes well! You will be missed except for in the big fish contest.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #14 on: Oct 16, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Let’s just say I put some skis under a lazy boy recliner among other things. Hopefully your surgery goes well! You will be missed except for in the big fish contest.
iI can see that I’m going to need to get busy with a couple of ideas to keep up with you. That Jaw Jacker idea of yours is 1st rate. Still looking for a new flip over, guess they won’t hit the stores until late Oct. New Clam units claim 50% more insulation. Might be better to wait. Love this cold weather!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2018, 01:27 PM »

Better put a tow bar on that thing!!

iI can see that I’m going to need to get busy with a couple of ideas to keep up with you. That Jaw Jacker idea of yours is 1st rate. Still looking for a new flip over, guess they won’t hit the stores until late Oct. New Clam units claim 50% more insulation. Might be better to wait. Love this cold weather!

yes you better Gale its getting close, my x200 is 1800D which seems plenty thick to me
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 2018, 02:07 PM »
 Definitely going to use a towbar. Going to try and rig up one that I already have With quick release pins.  Having a really rough day today as far as pain goes. Hopefully between now and then that will go away and life will be good again. Thanks for being such good friends to me guys!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Hope things are going better for you today Joe, things will get better just have to give it time to heal  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #18 on: Oct 17, 2018, 08:47 AM »
hey joe I say have a cold beer root beer that is. get better bro.

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 17, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Hey Joe, do hope you are feeling better today, that first day after the heavy duty hospital meds wear off is a butt kicker, that's when you feel all that sawing and drilling and heavy duty body mod pain... something about that deep bone pain that is not good for sure, but it will get better... Hopefully you can sleep through most of that nasty pain days... Will keep ya in our prayers... Later J

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2018, 06:47 PM »
YOU ROCK JOE  ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2018, 10:49 PM »
Thanks again for the kind words guys!

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2018, 09:17 PM »
Yeah can't wait to get fishing with you again Joe did you figure that little Lake out that you was wanting to figure out on the walleye

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2018, 07:37 AM »
I hear ya, its time!!! Thought I would post that story on here you sent me this morning Slap

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2018/06/fish-arent-surviving-in-henrys-lake-looks-to-be-a-very-bad-season/

Guess I dont know how to take this, I know the big fish numbers have been declining for many years but our catch rates for our group have been fairly good numbers wise and atleast 98% of the fish we catch go back in great shape. We never really have had huge amounts of BIG fish, just the one here and there. Maybe 2-3 each year  :-\ Oh and on another note the peeps with underwater cameras there see a ton of fish that just dont bite

I actually find it funny that there seems to be some bad feelings toward ice fisherman up there.  We generally have a whopping 30-40 days that Henry's is frozen before closing for 5 months, spend a short weekend there, and almost always catch and release everything.  Even if it was ice fished heavily by others, I don't think anybody can clear the lake out in 30 days with a limit of 2 even if they went everyday.  If we catch 100 fish between 15 of us, well over 90% will be returned promptly health and unharmed. 

Second, there is no such thing as bad fishing, plus I'm really just going up there to eat, play poker, make bad bets with Joe, and enjoy the hot tub.   

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2018, 08:12 AM »
;D  I completely agree Slap - it's more of a social gathering with a side of fishing thrown in for good measure.  And there isn't one darn thing wrong with that.  Go for it with gusto guys.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Sandalsnsocks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2018, 10:07 AM »
Hi guys! May I ask where you stay at Henry’s lake?
Easy does it.
Let them go so they can grow.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Im right there with you guys also  :thumbsup: and what a good social gathering it is

Hi guys! May I ask where you stay at Henry’s lake?

We stay lakeside at Jareds wild rose ranch, not the best brookie area but the big hybrids and cuts are around. Travel by machine to good brookie areas is doable depending on the ice conditions from there
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #27 on: Oct 25, 2018, 12:31 PM »
ok so I am ready for the cold weather to get here I am so ready to walk on water.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:22 PM »
 :icefish: :icefish: x2 bring it on. I'll have a new email out soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 25, 2018, 11:36 PM »
Definitely getting excited! My leg is healing up nicely and I should be good to go. It is going to be an epic year boys! :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.