Author Topic: Private lakes????  (Read 1424 times)

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
Private lakes????
« on: Jan 02, 2017, 08:37 AM »
So are private lakes allowed? I fish a couple private lakes and it just seems a little unfair to those that do not have access to private lakes.

Offline waterninja

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Private lakes????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2017, 12:08 PM »
Good question. I have been trying to find the rules of the tourney  but don't know where to look. I'm sure it's me , but darn I have trouble navigating this forum.  Also can anyone tell me where you post a pic of your entry? I have a nice 22" rainbow I caught on Jan. 1.  Great start to the season .

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2017, 01:06 PM »
You are already in the tourney page if you posted to this thread. Look up above and you will see 2017 Tourney Entry Boards. Click on that and then you will see threads for each category.
As far as private lakes, I've had that thought as well but I don't know how it could be enforced. I don't have access to private lakes if there are any even around here.
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Big fish caught out of public lakes every year, no unfair advantage

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2017, 05:03 PM »
I beg to differ I know a friends lake I can go to right now and pull 25" rainbows out of. I personally wouldn't do it. I guess we just gotta let karma catch up with the dishonest.  I just wanted to make sure private lakes are not a NO NO.  Thanks

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:00 PM »
I beg to differ I know a friends lake I can go to right now and pull 25" rainbows out of. I personally wouldn't do it. I guess we just gotta let karma catch up with the dishonest.  I just wanted to make sure private lakes are not a NO NO.  Thanks

Go for it. There's plenty of places to get a fish bigger than that in this country. There's already a 22.5" bow posted and it's only the 2nd day of the tourney! I wouldn't be surprised if 30"+  wins rainbow if someone can pull a steely out of lake michigan. The only thing that would be dishonest would be if you were growing fish just to catch over the winter to win this tournament.

27.5" rainbow won last year.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:33 PM »

Yes you can fish private lakes and enter the fish. As long as you are doing everything legal. You have permission, follow state laws , etc..  :)

Those who are brave are free ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.