Author Topic: State vs State Competition  (Read 7609 times)

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Re: State vs State Competition
« Reply #30 on: Feb 26, 2014, 05:25 PM »
i notice you don't post where you're from. most years in pa we don't have fishable ice much into march. this year's an exception, not the rule. i feel the end of feb. is fair across the board. gives most of us an equal playing field.
I agree totally….but with that said, perhaps the tourney should have two zones….north and south. Granted our season is longer here in Manitoba sometimes starting as early as November and ending at the end of March, when our angling season ends for most species due to regulations. Speaking of species……it seems that bluegills, chain pickerel and bass are usually on the list but those species are usually not prevalent to us in the north…..so that should be another reason a two zone tourney would be better imo!
BTW when I make a post…..my location is right there in a big banner at the bottom of my posts   ::)
Blue Igloo  :tipup: 

Offline mattpaul

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply blue and ya hopefully next year they will bring perch back cuz we have some hogs here in Manitoba. I am ice fishing into mid may most years in northern Manitoba too so we haven't even gotten into spring mayhem yet for big pike walleye and Lakers. It was definitely a lot of fun having some competition from all over though to keep a fire under my ass to keep going out even though it was 40 and 50 below for most of the tourney up here lol. Next year hopefully we get some more manageable temps so I can do more runnin and gunnin than this year.... next year my old lady wants to compete too so watch out boys cuz she will probably smoke us all! Just like she always smokes me and my buddies :'(
Monster Stalker

Offline hootman55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Sep 23, 2014, 08:58 AM »
Go Pa.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.