Author Topic: Tourney Tip  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Tourney Tip
« on: Feb 13, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Have all your tourney entry stuff (camera, tape, tourney card, etc.) handy and ready to go.

I finally made it out today for the first time and I was lucky enough to get a couple worth measuring/photographing for the tourney. Even though I had my stuff reasonably at hand it still required several minutes to do.

I was fishing outside and it was quite cold with a very brisk wind and low windchills. By the time I got a satisfactory picture the fish were having no fun at all. If I had needed to screw around much longer, running back and forth getting the camera or looking for the tourney card for example, it could have been fatal for the fish. Fortunately they both recovered and swam off none the worse for wear.

If you plan on releasing the fish it pays to be prepared.   

grumpymoe

Re: Tourney Tip
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2004, 11:23 AM »
got out saturday with the camera and everything ready. extra preparation didn't pay off i you saw my results posted..anyway, out sunday and guess what i forgot..yep, the camera!!! so what happened????NOTHING  ;D ;D grrrrrrrumpy ;D ;D

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2004, 12:05 PM »
If Tip-up enters a fish in this tourney, we are all doomed!!!!!!!! Don't even bother entering, I've the pic's of the fish he catches.....it's almost crazy!!!!
I'm dying to see them.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2004, 12:22 PM »
LOL Mugz.  ;)

Caught a couple of decent ones on Friday but nothing special yet.

Conditions (snow/slush) up here are bordering on impossible right now (at least the areas where I want to fish).  :-\

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2004, 04:30 PM »
sandy has slowed down in the last two weeks, and some other lakes that i thought about, have way too much slush to think about trying to get out. darned if i'll get hip waders to get a winner.. grumpy

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2004, 08:23 AM »
Tip-up.......your decent fish will beat my " world record monster!!!". I'll pass entering a fish in this catagory. Looks, like I'll have to start fishing for Bluegill to be able to place........BOOOOOOO-HISSSSSSSSS.  :-[
HAHAHAHAHAHA Good Luck!!!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline tuckerdg1970

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Promisedland, Beltzville, Tobyhanna, NE Pa.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2004, 07:02 PM »
How do you register for a tourney? I'm interested in doing so for next year. Do I need to be from a certain state or is this a iceshanty thing. Please fill me in.
Have all your tourney entry stuff (camera, tape, tourney card, etc.) handy and ready to go.

I finally made it out today for the first time and I was lucky enough to get a couple worth measuring/photographing for the tourney. Even though I had my stuff reasonably at hand it still required several minutes to do.

I was fishing outside and it was quite cold with a very brisk wind and low windchills. By the time I got a satisfactory picture the fish were having no fun at all. If I had needed to screw around much longer, running back and forth getting the camera or looking for the tourney card for example, it could have been fatal for the fish. Fortunately they both recovered and swam off none the worse for wear.

If you plan on releasing the fish it pays to be prepared.   
See ya on the ice. Sean Palmerton Pa.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2004, 07:32 PM »
tuckerdg1970,
    The 2004 IceShanty tourney is over for this year. Check back around the middle of December 2004 to register for next years tourney. Your entry had to be between december 20th and 25th this past season.
You don't have to be from a certain state, just from USA or Canada.
Ken                                          

Offline tuckerdg1970

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Promisedland, Beltzville, Tobyhanna, NE Pa.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2004, 04:30 PM »
Ok thank You I appreciate it.
See ya on the ice. Sean Palmerton Pa.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.