Author Topic: Re: Condition And Reports Thread  (Read 3938 times)

stinky

Re: Condition And Reports Thread
« on: Oct 01, 2004, 10:19 AM »
 If I can help let me know I live in Lake cty Il and am on thr Fox Chain of Lakes all winter. There is never a closed season for any species here with Musky, Northern,Walleye. Crappie, Gills and sunfish, along with catfish and striper fishing thru the ice and open water.
 For those that come here to fish there is no limit on panfish(crappie gills and sunfish or stripers) but walleye have a slot limit of 2 fish 14 to under 18inches and 1 fish over 24 inches. There are plenty of walleyes caught thru the ice every year and in fact PWT will be here next spring for a tournament.
 If you haven't fished here come up and try it fishing is great and its not that far from IN or WI
Bob :) :) :)

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2004, 10:25 AM »
      I can also help ya out.I fish alot of the smaller lakes in the North Central part of the state.Some of my favorotes are Lake Holiday,Lake Kakusha and Mendota in LaSalle County.These are great lakes that are loaded with panfish.They are  under fished bodies of water.Lake Holiday (nonpublic)is one of the best fisheries in the state,loaded with crappies,walleye and musky.Lake Kakusha is a city ran lake located in Mendota with a surface area of about 30acres? with nonstop action.The lake does have limits posted and at times is hard to acess due to location.Lake Shabbona is one of my favorite Big Water spots.Shabbona has a lot of great spots but has a lot of fishing pressure.If you plan on fishing Shabbona I would suggest doing some homework on cribs and road beds,and don't listen to the locals as far as where to fish. :tipup:

fishmanj

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2004, 12:17 PM »
How do you get on Lake Holiday?  That is where Holiday park used to be right?  Does anybody know how to get on Highland lake in Round lake?  I also live in lake county and fish northern illinois, I spend most of my time on Long Lake but am looking forward to hitting a channel I found late last ice season on the fox river.

stinky

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2004, 07:54 PM »
fishmanj Holiday Lake is not in Lake county the lake you are thinking about is Wooster lake and there are only a few spots to get on that lake because it has private property almost all the way around like Highland lake. I know some folks that live in Round Lake and actually on Highland and that is the only way I can get on it. The fishing in both these lakes can be great and I know there are plenty of 10" gills in Wooster along with good crappies.

Offline bluegill63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2004, 09:15 PM »
Illinoisicer where is it that you live I live in Mendota and you are right about our lakes here. The bass in these lakes are great to!!!!

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
Kokusha
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2004, 11:35 AM »
LaSalle County
Acres: appx.30 acres
Bluegill,Bass,Crappie,Catfish
Acess:Off Rt.251 & Rt 52.Go through water treatment plant
Inches of ice as of:12/19  4"

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
Mendota
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2004, 11:40 AM »
LaSalle County
Acres: appx.20 acres
Bluegills,Bass,Crappie,Catfish
Acess:off of Rt 251 between Meridan and Rt 52
Inches of ice as of:12/19 open water

stinky

« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2004, 07:08 PM »
 some of the channels and small ponds  are froze over now but there is a warming trend comeing in over the weekend. If these small areas stay froze next week some colder weather is supposed to be here so there may be some fishing in the back waters of the Fox and possibly some small ponds.
Bob

Offline TylersDad03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2004, 09:30 AM »
I seen a 1/2 inch of ice yesterday on my local Lake Renwick.It was only on the south end about twenty feet along shore.It looks like were haveing a cold frount sunday. We might have ice by christmas.

Offline zaraspooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on top rocks
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Local ponds in the suburbs are totally iced over.  About half an inch....by Xmas I may be out there

Offline bluegill63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2004, 07:35 PM »
lake Kakusha in Mendota had 2 1/2 inches on it today I was walking out on it and it was cracking but was holding me. I will be going out tomorrow WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful all

Gill

Offline TylersDad03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2004, 09:40 AM »
3 1/2 in Plainfield going out there tonight . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P Gottshall

« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2004, 09:17 PM »
3in on Eureka lake tonight.

Paul

Offline TylersDad03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2005, 01:24 PM »
ice is returning to west subs looks like sat. game on!

Offline Merle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2005, 01:49 AM »
There's ice on a gated community Fyre Lake, and a buddy has been fishing the Hennipen (sp) Canal as of yesterday, kinda sloppy going since its warming up.    This weather needs to make up its mind..  I hate sloppy...  :-\

Offline Merle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2005, 01:50 AM »
Oh and there is ice on Lake George..

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2005, 03:06 PM »
there is 4ins. ice at mickelsons today,and about the same at potters in thompson... fishing slow at both the last 2 days....after this wk. end maybe some good ice again....

Offline Merle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2005, 04:54 AM »
Actually got out on the lake today (finally!) and there was a sloppy 5", took only 12 gills and probably twice as many miss's  :(

All in three hours, not bad.  Hoping the weather gets colder sooner.. Damn weather people  ::)

AZBAKER

« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2005, 09:05 PM »
 IS THERE ANY HARD WATER TO FISH AROUND PEORIA COUNTY -CHILLICOTHE-
AREA? I HAVE FAMILY DOWN THERE AND WOULD LIKE TOO COME VISIT THEM.
HARD WATER FISHING WOULD MAKE THE VACATION THAT MUCH MORE FUN.
ANY INFO OR REPLIES POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS.

ADAM FROM MINNESOTA.

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #19 on: Mar 01, 2005, 06:08 AM »
No Ice at all in Peoria/Knox counties as far as I'm aware-We haven't had fishable ice for weeks/months!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

AZBAKER

« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2005, 07:23 PM »
 iceman thanks for the reply. maybe i'll just stay here in mn. still 1-2 feet
of good ice left. i'll come down this summer to fish the river. thanks again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.