Author Topic: The days are getting shorter!!! Time to...  (Read 545 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
The days are getting shorter!!! Time to...
« on: Jun 23, 2014, 08:56 AM »
My wife is sad the days are going to be getting shorter, but for me it's time to start refilling my spoon and jig boxes with more of the hot colors of last season, and the new colors of the coming season! A couple of new laker rod/reels and possibly even an Arctic Cat ATV for better mobility.

There are a few other items I'd like to pick up, maybe a new ice suit and might add an Aqua-Vu Micro with the help of my Cabela CC points. What about yourself?

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The days are getting shorter!!! Time to...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2014, 09:49 AM »
AH YES ...days getting a lil shorter each day . I bought a lot of great gear last year so I'm pretty much set ...I did buy  a Striker Ice Climate suit(good deal and in my size so I jumped on it) after ice season ...so I guess that's counts as new gear..I'm sure to buy more ..gota have it gear/lures ..as soon as the new products come out  . The Clam auger plate is on my purchase horizon ...I like the IS reviews and all the home made videos ..I did use my 20 v Max Dewalt and Strikemaster lazer combo on first ice and into mid season some ..but the gas auger most of the season ...what a great ice season
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2014, 10:49 AM »
Time to get my new Clam plate on my Milwaukee Fuel.  Time to finish customizing my glide lite and shanty.  Time to replenish Fiska stash.  Time to add more pimples to the box.  Time to fish!!!
That's some tasty iced tea.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2014, 11:07 AM »
New tires on my shack, new floor in bro in laws shack and small wood stove, (which will become my backup because he's too busy to use it), order more jigs from Jammin Jigs, re-lube a couple sticky tip ups, and new line on a couple jig rods.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2014, 11:48 AM »
New tires on my shack, new floor in bro in laws shack and small wood stove, (which will become my backup because he's too busy to use it), order more jigs from Jammin Jigs, re-lube a couple sticky tip ups, and new line on a couple jig rods.

Last time I heard anything about having to put "new tires on their shack", my own bro-in-law was moving his '70's single wide down the road to a new spot! Had a decent laugh remembering that "adventure"!

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2014, 04:16 PM »
I've got 90% tread, but tires are probably from the '70s! They ain't looking so good on the sidewalls. Unfortunately, they don't give away trailer tires.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2014, 06:42 PM »
The days getting shorter is always a good thing in my book unfortunately the high temperatures don't go down with the length of the day light hours.  I've been busy working on my have to get done and need to get caught up on lists so I'm ready to go as soon as the ice hits.  In my spare time I'm working on my need to and want to get lists. 

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Hey Wyo, if you're gonna be running that Cat on Pactola maybe you should get a Striker suit that floats. I got one after the season was over last year and man is it nice. Been using it with the liners zipped out for bass tournaments. Great suit!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.