Author Topic: Firing up your augers? Or are they mothballed for the Summer?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Firing up your augers? Or are they mothballed for the Summer?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 21, 2014, 01:59 PM »
I run SeaFoam in all my gas powered equipment. My snow blower sits all Summer and fires up on 2nd pull every Winter when I need it without starting it through the Summer. Same with the mower, starts right up with no troubles.

The Strike-Lite II gets fired up every so often, well, just because I like firing it up! The neighbors think I'm crazy standing in the yard with a running ice auger. I believe keeping the tank filled with treated fuel is better than sitting all Summer bone dry and drying out. Even vehicles begin to deteriorate when you don't drive them regularly, so why would any other engine be different?

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2014, 06:40 PM »
My wife makes sure I have plenty of house hold repairs to do to keep my 18v Rigid limbered up, cant wait for frozen water so I can go back to using it for something fun.  ;D ;D ;)

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jun 23, 2014, 11:11 AM »
Mine are drained of fuel, and stored in basement on shelf for the summer, and augers hung from u hooks on edge of ice fishing equipment shelf. I don't run carb dry, just empty tank. it's worked on my old auger for 10 years, with one carb cleaning that came back worse than when I took it in!

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #33 on: Jun 24, 2014, 03:29 PM »
Do you even have any time to fire up the auger with all the fish filleting you're doing this time of year?  ;D

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Last Friday I whacked a stack of gills at Pactola. There was an afternoon of filleting. I guess I am at that table a lot.  ;D  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jun 24, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I have a jiffy pro4 and I drain the oil out over the summer. So it's mothballed...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.