Author Topic: Marcum Showdown  (Read 424 times)

Offline SwedishPIMP69

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum Showdown
« on: Dec 18, 2013, 10:17 AM »
What are your opinions on the showdown? Any problems with it? What do you like about it and what do you not like about it? And how much did you pay? Thanks!

Offline Devilwood

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum Showdown
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:12 AM »
I've had one for years and I like it alot.  I think I paid in the neighborhood of $200 for the Showdown and I got a battery and the carrying pack in addition.  It's relatively inexpensive and it works better than I expected.  I had a transducer go bad once but Marcum covered it at no charge to me.
There really isn't much that I don't like about it.

Offline Crappie slayer 36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:12 AM »
I have the showdown and overall I like it. Likes: good battery life, easy to read top is top bottom is bottom, zoom feature, overall ease of use. Dislikes: when in zoom, you can't see the entire water column, sometimes it loses track of bottom for a minute, not too good in weeds. Price:349.00. I like the showdown. It will improve your fishing three fold. I'm sure you'll hear a fordvschevy range of comments on here. If you're interested in a intro level fish finder with most of the features high end finders incorporate into theirs then I would say get one.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:53 AM »
my son bought one when they first came to market , he sold after one season .
he fishes outside the hut alot and the lag time when it was cold was the issue .

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:59 AM »
I paid $399 for a 5.6 Dual Beam in 2011.  I did have a problem with mine when I first got it; it was roughed up during shipping and wouldn't read my jig when I first used it.  Customer service was awesome and had it back to me really fast.  It has been a great unit and I just like the simplicity of it. 

The negatives are the plastic transducer arm that I replaced with an aftermarket aluminum arm before I broke it.  It makes me nervous about the shape of the showdown that it could somehow fall down the hole but that could be me being paranoid.   

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2013, 12:54 PM »
I got mine when they were made by Aqua-Vu. I've done two software upgrades since. So I have probably spent enough money to equal what they cost now. I have broken one transducer arm but got a new one for free. Marcum is real easy to deal with and turn around time was quick when I had upgrades done to it. I like it alot.
jbird68

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2013, 01:04 PM »
the neoprene case sticks to the ice so bring something like a small board shingle or something to sit it on, origional arm is plastic, i squeezed the battery crimps tighter as they used to fall off. other than that i really like the unit and this will be my third year. monadnock fisherman thats a member here was making the aluminum arms. dont know if he still does or if he still posts here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.