Author Topic: Mayhem with the Mainiacs !  (Read 1962 times)

surflizard

Mayhem with the Mainiacs !
« on: Feb 27, 2012, 06:31 AM »
  The title of the post describes the weekend to a tee ! We headed to my buddy Joe Dirt's place in Maine Friday night, the fun and games started right from the get go ! We got a late start by having to wait for the UPS guy to deliver the new Striker Ice lite suit and by the time he showed up the snow was coming down pretty good !
 The ride over was interesting to say the least, by the time we hit the NH /ME border it was almost white out conditions with slicker then Seal Snot driving conditions, It was a welcome relief to roll into Big Joe's driveway, let me tell you ! After a Fantastic meal, we hit the hay to get a jump on Saturday !
  We hit the ice running the next morning, Snowman and Androwildfire and his lady were on the ice when we rolled up. We got the Pub opened up and the woodstove cranking and proceeded to Swiss cheese the area ! I believe we had 32 traps on the ice by the time we were all said and done ! As usual, it was the farthest set traps to go off first, Andro had a couple far traps that the Pikerel had homed in on and they kept him and his lady hopping ! Snowman didn't get a break either, his trap 200 yards out kept popping like clockwork !
  We were getting a lot of dink pikerel and a few yellow perch so everyone got to chase flags ! I set up the LX-7 and commenced to Jiggin. Marked a lot of baitfish school's, but couldn't connect with the jig pole ! The temp hovered right around 32*, but the wind was Relentless, it was blowing a steady 30 MPH with 45 to 50 MPH Gusts that had a few of us chasing  loose gear till we got everything weighted down ! we did fairly well just before dark, the Perch moved in and they had Joe and I running around like chickens with our heads cut off ! We didn't land any monsters, but with the flags  popping left and right, we managed to get enough Perch for a fish fry. we had a great time with Great folks ! :thumbsup:
  Sunday was a beautiful day weather wise, bright sunshine without the gale force winds ! Same drill, steady flags all day with a few respectable fish. My Compliments to the chef, the food she served up was first rate and Delicious ! :thumbsup: Our Gracious hosts made sure we wanted for nothing and once again we would like to thank Joe and his family for the Wonderful Hospitality and the Great Camaraderie, we could not have asked for a better weekend on the ice even if we tried ! :thumbsup: :clap: :icefish:

Androwildfire feeding Petey the Pikerel !  ;)2

The Pub in all her Splendid glory !

Just a sample of the trap laden minefield we had set up !

The view from the Lizards perch !

LLTs last flag of the day, the smile says it all ! :thumbsup:

The Fickle Fish Gods even blessed the Lizard with a fish or two ! ;)2

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Mayhem with the Mainiacs !
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2012, 07:15 AM »
Tony you should have got out that twig and sewing tread. A piece of chicken leg for bait. Good to here you survived Sat. gale.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Always a great time hanging out with you two Tony. We'll definitely have to get together again soon. Also, always have a great time with Joe and the missus. That LX-7 is quite the rigging. Whole lot going on on that screen. LOL. Plus your new suit made ya the sharpest dressed man on the ice that day!! Haha!!

surflizard

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:12 AM »
It was Good to hit the ice with you guys again Kelsey, the wind was persistant but the company made it well worth while ! :thumbsup: You did miss Surfs Slimedart Juggling exhibition yesterday, he looks nice and sedate in the photo, but truth be known, I was really lucky to have not gotten bitten while I was juggling him trying to get a grip on him for the photo ! :woot:  :roflmao:

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:20 AM »
It looked like you were giving Petey the Pickerel the stern "don't you dare move" look in the pic. LOL

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2012, 06:40 AM »
Does that shanty come with an elevator or do you just trampoline up into it ;D

surflizard

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Nope it has a Custom built Porch, you can't really see it in the photo, I will give Joe and his Wife credit, they built one of the most Comfortable and user friendly Wheeled shacks I've ever had the pleasure of using !

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2012, 09:01 AM »
I agree with Surf. You could live comfortably in that shack. A job well done by the JoeDirt34 crew

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2012, 09:23 AM »
To all who attended the down east meet and greet . It was a blast ! To have that many traps out at once was awesome ! ( the action just after you left snowman was crazy ) about 60 mins of me and surf with 2 traps each in hand looking at another one going off ! It was fast enough that the boss had to let us take some !
   The pub was fully tested and lived up to all I hoped it would ( but I'm now thinking we may need to call it the hen house !! Lol )
  Good friends , fish and good food !
  On the subject of the stairs Mr lizard built me a fine porch and it's easy in and out . What you really need to know is to never be anywhere near it !! There are people one person I know very well that has no problem blasting you out of the door for a flag !
  It's funny to be in the shack and be scared or say the word ! We did stop saying it lol moved to sign language !
Not for the flag as much as to tell everyone else to be warned ! Lol it's funny because it's true ! Don't ever get between the boss and a flag !!
    Great time had by all !!
And let us not forget the crack of the hammer ! I'm gonna get me one of those !

---- Joe ----

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2012, 09:36 AM »
Watching the 50yard flag dash was quite an impressive show.

surflizard

« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2012, 10:40 AM »
The boss could probably give that Usain Bolt character a run for his money !  ;)2 :roflmao: Ya Joe, that Automatic Fisherman trap gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, Dropping the Hammer ! ;)2 :icefish:

lael19533

Re: Mayhem with the Mainiacs !(or how to go Stealth/Ninja mode)
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2012, 01:39 PM »
Ok-here is my take on the weekend:AWESOME! now let me explain the "Stealth/Ninja" move for those who are uninformed...it goes  by the numbers,so try and keep up,ok?
1.This particular move is only used whilst in a Bobhouse/Pub.
2.Only a  Fisherwoman can show you the proper stance.
3.Place feet as follows:
    a.Right foot out in front of left foot,by 14 inches.
    b.Right foot pointing  to 12 o'clock.
    c.Left foot  pointing to 9:30.
    d.Bend both legs,slightly,and stay perfectly still-staring down into ice hole.
    e.Using the Jedi power(and the farce) patience grasshopper...when pressure lets up on line:SLAM that fish and rip his lips off.Reel that line as fast as you can to bring up the "finner".
    f. If it's a Pickerel.cuss and return down hole,but always keep a Perch.
   g. You now have a fish( in the "HEN HOUSE"?gonna fish slap Joe for that one!)...and get a photo.(it's all a fish story till then!) ;D
next we will go onto the next post and explain why you need full riot gear and eye protection when you go fish with the Mainiacs!

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Bahahaha!!! Well said LLT!!!

lael19533

Re: Mayhem with the Mainiacs !(and the rest of the story)
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Here we go...

ALWAYS wear body armor when someone yells,"Flag"!

case in point,JoeDirt says,"flaggg",and I jump back in my seat,so as NOT to slammed by the "quarterback lunge",performed with exquisite perfection by no other than  "The Boss"! ;) :bow:

Coffee goes up in the air-minnows in the bucket careen off the seats,and the door gets flung wide!(Sometimes whacking  the unsuspecting innocent outside the door.(There needs to be a "Danger" sign I think.BUT...

I was witness to the Boss,  defying gravity,to get a better scope of which flag went off-and where to scramble!
It was most impressive,I must say! ;D :wacko:

Once the flag is within the tunnel vision scope...get out of the way!!!!!!!!(Here's where the quarterback thing also comes in:)if you are in the path,between Boss and flag-you are doing so at your own risk!

It will soon be known by the stance at the ice hole...if it is a @%^#!!!!! Pickerel,or a tasty Perch.Be aware:if a Pickerel,there will be cussing.
By the end of the weekend-I was quite learned in silent signals,and suffered less bruises.
Know this for certain,no children under 12 were hurt during this ice fishing adventure.Adults are on their own.You HAVE been warned. :thumbsup:

lael19533

« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Snowman and Androwildfire,and Jess,it was great to see you again!You 3 where running wild with all them flags!!!!!!!What an awesome weekend.Great time,and great company.Thanks for having us Joe and Boss.It was great,and I haven't been that relaxed in a long time.(well maybe,"drive it like ya stole it",was a pressure raiser...but you drive like me.so it wasn't bad!)Just unnerving to know there are two of us out there!Good thing we are in different states ;D(kidding!)
All around-for everything,I would like to thank all the Maineiacs,who made the weekend memorable~!Surf and I Loved it!

lael19533

« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2012, 02:16 PM »
Does that shanty come with an elevator or do you just trampoline up into it ;D

Thankfully,stairs were built,or I would have  had to be hoisted up into the "condo"! ;D

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2012, 02:40 PM »
I know I speak for Correy and Jess that we enjoyed spending the day with you, Surf, Joe, and Mo. Even the wind couldn't dampen the spirit of being out with such great people.

Offline Ninja Boss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2012, 07:54 PM »
I'm finally on here!  Hahaha
I had a great time this weekend, one of the best ice fishing adventures of the year with great friends!

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:26 PM »
I had a great time this weekend, one of the best ice fishing adventures of the year with great friends!
Welcome to the big show !
---- Joe ----

surflizard

« Reply #19 on: Feb 29, 2012, 04:39 AM »
Uh Oh !! look out, Flaaagggg !!! :tipup:  :tipup: :tipup:  ;)2 :roflmao: Welcome to the shanty Ninja Boss, Glad to have ya aboard !!! :thumbsup:

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:03 AM »
Duck and Cover!! Duck and Cover!!! Welcome aboard Ninja Boss!!

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
« Reply #21 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:17 AM »
Ok now that the boss is on here do we need to go over a list of words not to use ? Lol
This website has a policy covering use of certain types of words !!!
  This is the shanty not a truck stop ! Lol
---- Joe ----

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 29, 2012, 09:30 AM »
I know she could make a sailor blush. BUT now we get to see her make icefishermen blush! LOL

lael19533

« Reply #23 on: Feb 29, 2012, 11:36 AM »

Nice to have you here,Ninja!!!!!!now we can show the "mens" how to fish with style! ;D :icefish: :thumbsup:

lael19533

« Reply #24 on: Feb 29, 2012, 11:38 AM »
I know she could make a sailor blush. BUT now we get to see her make icefishermen blush! LOL

I took notes,Joe!The list is quite lengthy,but well worth the read. ;)...now where did I leave that paper?

surflizard

« Reply #25 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:21 PM »
 Remember now, No Pikerel Smokin or Virginia, Right Ladies ?  >:D :roflmao:

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
« Reply #26 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:00 PM »
Remember now, No Pikerel Smokin or Virginia, Right Ladies ?  >:D :roflmao:
Someone needs to complete another round of sensitivity training !!
---- Joe ----

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Haha!! Surflizard the delicate flower. Bahahaha!!

surflizard

« Reply #28 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Damn, I knew there was something I forgot to do !! :unsure: :blink: :roflmao:

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
« Reply #29 on: Feb 29, 2012, 03:12 PM »
You seem to forget alot of stuff as of late ! I'm starting to think there is a
Method to your madness ! Soon you will have left enough stuff in the Pub that it will be like your home away from home !
---- Joe ----

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.