Author Topic: How to Identify a true Icefishing obsession ?  (Read 3882 times)

surflizard

How to Identify a true Icefishing obsession ?
« on: Aug 23, 2011, 06:06 AM »
It is really surprising how a Simple hobby, Oh let say Icefishing, can turn into an Out of Control Obsession !

1. A lot of people are enjoying the nice warm summertime weather, Meanwhile some people stand in the open door of a big upright freezer and take 15 minutes to decide what to have for supper ! That reminds me, I have to defrost the freezer !  :whistle:

2. A lot of people are searching on line for deals on line for equipment for summertime activities, Meanwhile some people are searching on line for any deals on leftover ice fishing equipment !

3. A lot of people are finding ways to make their yards, lawns and properties look more appealing to the neighbors. Meanwhile some people are finding ways to make their icefishing Shanties more appealing to their fellow ice fishermen !

4. A lot of people are wishing that summer would stick around for 365 days a year ! Meanwhile some people are wishing summer was already over because they think it is overrated and would really like to Icefish 365 days a year !

In the Immortal words of Dr Sigmund Freud, " I have discovered a Very Unsettling pattern here, I do believe this Particular Patient, definitely shows signs of Obsessive, Compulsive Ice Fishing Disorder " !!!  :wacko: :blink: :roflmao: :icefish:

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How to Identify a true Icefishing obsession ?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2011, 06:17 AM »
5. You log into IceShanty.com everyday through out the summer months.  The hotter it gets...the more often you log in. ;D

rickl1968

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2011, 07:32 AM »
In the Immortal words of Dr Sigmund Freud, " I have discovered a Very Unsettling pattern here, I do believe this Particular Patient, definitely shows signs of Obsessive, Compulsive Ice Fishing Disorder " !!!  :wacko: :blink: :roflmao: :icefish:

LMAO Surf,
You know how many times I have said this to myself........But didn't want to admit it!..........LMAO I needed that good laugh this morning.
Thanks

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2011, 07:53 AM »
"Hello, my name is Reb....and I believe I'm an iceaholic".... :wacko:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2011, 07:58 AM »

Hey, anyone that logs on to a icefishing site in the summer has to be totally obsessed w/the sport, I know I am. :roflmao:

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:17 AM »
6. As you're reeling in a bass in August all you can think is "I bet I can get a bigger one through the ice at this same spot".

Offline noicks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:20 AM »
"Hello, my name is Reb....and I believe I'm an iceaholic".... :wacko:
Hi Reb

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:21 AM »
hit the nail right on the head with this topic and thread Surf...i think and act like that.im about the only one around here in my nieghborhood that wants to talk icefishing thru the summer months and never stop tinkering with my ice gear.oh yeah one more thing SUMMER SUCKS.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:33 AM »
7. You've just spun new line on all your reels....tackle box cleaned and
restocked...Fishfinder battery charged up....shack cleaned and checked...new wool socks and new long undies ready...everything packed and stacked by garage door...and it's August 23rd....... :woot: :wacko:

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:36 AM »
hit the nail right on the head with this topic and thread Surf...i think and act like that.im about the only one around here in my nieghborhood that wants to talk icefishing thru the summer months and never stop tinkering with my ice gear.oh yeah one more thing SUMMER SUCKS.
Yea, guys at work that I talk fishing with have never been out on the ice and I think they are sick of hearing me talk about it.  I'll take them out this year and I think they'll change their minds.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2011, 09:28 AM »
heck I have been thinking of ice fishing since Apr 1 the day after our season ended. One more purchase to make and I am all set. Looking for a hummingbird ice 35 

rickl1968

« Reply #11 on: Aug 23, 2011, 09:46 AM »
I just went to the Proshop and bought the Iceshanty Militia Platinum Package a t-shirt and a flag!

;D

Offline Big Red Shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Aug 23, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Nice guys.  I just need to order a showdown 5.6 tomorrow, finish putting my leaders together for tip ups, and spool the line on my tip ups and then I'm good to go lol

rickl1968

« Reply #13 on: Aug 23, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Nice guys.  I just need to order a showdown 5.6 tomorrow, finish putting my leaders together for tip ups, and spool the line on my tip ups and then I'm good to go lol

Hey Big Red Shack
Dont forget to download the rebate for your new showdown.
http://www.marcumtech.com/Rebate/tabid/175/Default.aspx
Its also at the top of this page left side.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #14 on: Aug 23, 2011, 10:32 AM »
8. You always wear your Iceshanty baseball cap when out in public areas. ALWAYS.

No one has ever said they have a hat like that. I tell 'em it just makes it a little cooler. People sure get odd expressions on their faces until I remove it and tell 'em, this is what the walleye are hittin', as I slide that glow head Richard Jig out of the inside band.  :woot: 

They all get a big laugh ~ cashiers, nurses or shoppers in the fishing tackle depts. It seems to make their day. Many have asked where they could get those. I give them this web site printed on a sticky note and add J.Jigs.and tell them to check out novelty.   :whistle: 

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2011, 10:53 AM »
I just came in from the garage where I have had my shanty set up since last weekend. I just finished insulating it (yup, 90* inside that puppy :P). Tomorrow I start working on the floor. I say if you aren't thinking about and getting ready for the upcoming season in August, then there is something wrong with you  :wacko:........... ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline jackinthebobhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Aug 23, 2011, 11:36 AM »
I too am addicted. Just can't help it. I bet I log on to this site 3 of 4 times a day in the summer. Can't even count how many times a day when it actually ice fishing time. I have been looking for deals all summer long from Ice Armor to jiggin rods. Can't wait for it to begin, but I also don't want to just blow past deer season either.

Tite lines everyone and remember this addiction is much better than doing drugs!

Jack

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Aug 23, 2011, 12:22 PM »
I say if you aren't thinking about and getting ready for the upcoming season in August, then there is something wrong with  :wacko:........... ;D

And then again, some of us don't even have to THINK to meet that criteria... :whistle:
How about a stripe on the ol' shack with a little horsie emblem...then ya can paint "Pinto II" on the side... :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #18 on: Aug 23, 2011, 12:34 PM »
And then again, some of us don't even have to THINK to meet that criteria... :whistle:
How about a stripe on the ol' shack with a little horsie emblem...then ya can paint "Pinto II" on the side... :roflmao: :roflmao:

"Giddyap ol' girl...Nay...Winny".... ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Maineiac2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Aug 23, 2011, 02:26 PM »
I have my bait tank all set up and ready,minus water and bait.Only 4 more months until ice.Come on deer season I need something to take my mind off ICE FISHING.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 23, 2011, 05:19 PM »
9...when you go down the "fishing isle",and look around.....all you can think of is stuff for ice fishing!!
10...when you go on vacation, and you budget your money so you can have extra to spend on ice fishing stuff!!"......(thats me)... :whistle:
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Aug 23, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Obsession?? not here!! I never go to ice fishing web sites during the summer. Nope. got the wrong guy!

BTW, I ordered me Otter from Reeds last Sunday......not that I was thinking of Ice fishing or have an Obsession or something. ;D

Jammin jigs on speed dail?? excuse me?
"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

surflizard

« Reply #22 on: Aug 23, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Wow !! It sure looks like quite the bunch of Obsessive, Compulsive Hard water Haunting Maniacs right here !!  :woot: :unsure: :roflmao: Welcome to the Militia Rick !! I think an Assembly of this Magnitude calls for a Little Dust up !!  >:D  :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 23, 2011, 07:35 PM »
When you don't want to buy books for school because you have ice fishing gear to get still

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #24 on: Aug 23, 2011, 07:53 PM »
WOW, Surf, with wheels even.
  That'll keep pests out o' the crops and leave a little fertilizer.   :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #25 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:04 PM »
Im typeing with my bibs on

surflizard

« Reply #26 on: Aug 24, 2011, 06:02 AM »
WOW, Surf, with wheels even.
  That'll keep pests out o' the crops and leave a little fertilizer.   :thumbsup: :clap:
Well after the last Physc Evaluation, the head shrinks recommended that I pursue another hobby to help relieve the post ice season Anxiety ! I didn't have the Patience for Croquet and Knitting Was Definately out of the Question, I have found that The Aroma of Burnt Cordite has a strangely Calming effect on me, just like 2 Stroke Smoke does ! ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2011, 07:29 AM »
All us pyros love that smell. And like Krispy Kreams with beer ~it's not just for breakfast any more.   :woot: :thumbsup:

rickl1968

« Reply #28 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:47 AM »
Wow !! It sure looks like quite the bunch of Obsessive, Compulsive Hard water Haunting Maniacs right here !!  :woot: :unsure: :roflmao: Welcome to the Militia Rick !! I think an Assembly of this Magnitude calls for a Little Dust up !!  >:D  :thumbsup: :roflmao:

NOW THATS HARDCORE! :o

Thanks for the SALUTE Surf!

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:55 AM »
hey surf the trike beside the garage wouldnt happen to be your first ride to haul your gear out on to the ice would it? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.