Author Topic: Ahh, finaly got an icefishing show fix !! Miracle fish luring device ???  (Read 853 times)

surflizard

I was waiting for the well company service tech to show up and I was surf-in thru the TV channels, Sorry I couldn't resist !  ;D  I ran across the show called " Lipem n Ripem with Lefty Larson. Real cool show, they were ice fishing for Rainbows in Colorado. They were nailing some Nice Rainbows ! They were talking about some device that they laid over one of the jigging holes, and it was luring the Trout in ?? It looked like a red pizza warming bag that the pizza guys deliver with ? I didn't see any lines or wires, they just laid it over the hole and claimed it helped bring the fish in ??  They didn't give a lot of info on it ! Has anyone heard of such a miracle machine ???

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I have not seen this device but know some anglers always use hole covers our leave some ice cutting/shavings in their holes. (mostly panfishermen) They claim the light let in through the cut hole is not natural and spooks the fish of course others say the cleaned hole and any light entering through it draw fish to investigate the change in environment.
 Steve

surflizard

They interviewed the ?? company rep and he said " This design lures the fish in " ?? My bad, I got distracted for just a second and missed the company name !  >:(

Offline ah gee bobba

• IceShanty Rookie
I think this maybe the product you saw. http://20belowproducts.com/ Apparently they use them in Colorado for Kokes mainly.

Offline TeamTwoSticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
This has grabbed my attention! I am going to have to look into this product a little more.  I found a nice walleye spot and if I can make them thing that there are a few shiners schooling up.  Then I should be able to get a few of them to snatch up my baits that I set just outside of the "school".  Genius idea.

surflizard

That was it AGB, Thanks buddy !  :thumbsup:  Whatever it does, lures by motion or scent, Those Rainbows were definately turned on by it big time !

Offline fishman31

• Team IceShanty Regular
This show http://northeasticefishing.com/podcast/   helps get through untill the ice hits.  Nothin like talking ice fishing year round.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Has the device been Pike tested?  ;D

Crunch!  I think we just lost a decoy there.... :o
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.