Author Topic: Ice-Pole Case  (Read 904 times)

P Gottshall

Ice-Pole Case
« on: Oct 31, 2004, 08:40 PM »
I'd like to get a good case for my poles this year.  I got one that looks like an arrow-case ($20 & pretty nice) at Gander Mtn tonight, but it's too narrow for my 1000-series reels to fit without removing the handles, which I'll never do when it's cold on the ice. . .

I remember seeing a lot of talk about a "Croxton" bag last year, which I'd like to hear opinions on, & know which one to get.  Also, any other ideas would be appreciated!

Thx,
Paul

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Re: Ice-Pole Case
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2004, 05:55 AM »
otter has a rod case thatis 40 inches long.they claim that you can put 4 rods and reels in it. I think it was around 50 bucks.hope this helps.
Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Stone Legacy makes some nice cases .......... here's the link.

http://stonelegacy.com/icefish.html
Those who are brave are free ..

stinky

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2004, 06:37 PM »
 Paul I have a croxton pond bag and it holds about 6 rods and reels plus jigs and line you know extras. I also have a frabil but can't get as many in it. I usually fish 24" to 28" rods when in a shack.
 I also found at Gander last year was a hard gun case. I put my long rods (48 to 54") in this with the reels and it protects them nicely.
Bob

hali-man

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2004, 07:06 PM »
I also found at Gander last year was a hard gun case. I put my long rods (48 to 54") in this with the reels and it protects them nicely.
Bob

Bet you get some apprehensive looks when you pull that out on the ice.  ;D
I, too, am looking into a case this year, and am going to check out the above links right now.
I don't have a lot of rods, but they're nice ones, and I'm tired of them getting banged up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.