New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Slammed the Sumo perch at Lebanon  (Read 9425 times)

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cooler than a mentholated snowball!!!
Slammed the Sumo perch at Lebanon
« on: Mar 29, 2005, 04:55 PM »
A buddy of mine and I whacked 35 perch in 3 hours at Lebanon.My digi camera crap to bed or Id have pics.Most were 13 inchers with 2 15's and several 12's.In 42 feet of water 1 foot off bottom.Hot lure was green glow forage minnow and thin but heavy jigging spoon-well over 15 inches of solid ice-I'll be there tomorrow-best part is I had knee surgery 1 week ago and I was on the ice already-Peace and happy 420 BigD
Please Mother Nature,not this year too???

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The sweet smell of success!
Re: Slammed the Sumo perch at Lebanon
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:33 AM »
Good to hear Chuck!  You must have been over by that spot where I was whacking them that morning we were both out.  I've got to work the rest of the week or else I'd be getting out there with you.  With this 60 degree weather we're supposed to get the next couple days I'm afraid the season may be over for me.  Time for the streams.  Is you knee going to be ready for a trip next week?

John

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Good for you Big daddy We never got into them on lebanon but the few we caught were nice!  last time I fished it was two weekends ago and I took a nice rainbow home and had a slammer up to the of the hole but the hook gave way and with 2 lb its amazing i got him that far.  Put my stuff away last weekend.  The new cabinets for the kitchen arrive on Friday I think I'll have enought things to do to keep me busy for a while.  The honey-do list groweth!

Fishboy

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2005, 02:59 PM »
i'm down with a friday afternoon trip if anyone wants to hook up and help put me on a good spot..let me know....Keith   (my first trip ever on this body of water)

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Let me know when you are gonna be there.I'll try and make it and I can show you a few spots.I live less than a 1/4 mile from there.Practically my backyard-Peace BigD-hey John Dr G said I needed a knee replacement-maybe after ice next season

crappie68

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Let me know when you are gonna be there.I'll try and make it and I can show you a few spots.I live less than a 1/4 mile from there.Practically my backyard-Peace BigD-hey John Dr G said I needed a knee replacement-maybe after ice next season
where the heck is Lebanon.

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2005, 05:38 PM »
thanks BigD, i'm shooting for around 1 if i can get out of the barn by 11:30 or noon...i'll know for sure tomorrow i would offer to pick you up on my way through but i have a dodge 2500, with your knee i doubt you could make the climb..thanks again

Offline hwangler001(formerly icey)

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2005, 06:20 PM »
Keep us posted on ice conditions..I could have an emergency vacation day Friday.

Icy

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Its a small country in the middle east...no Its a small town between Georgetown and Earlville.Lebanon res is a Madison county chain lake.It has a decent population of trout,panfish and bass.Soon keeper walleyes! It can be reached by going to Earlville and taking a left north of the town onto Nower orad-go straight.When you get to the stop sign turn right onto River rd-go approx 3 miles to town of Randlesville-go straight thru the town and you'll see a sign that says"Lebanon Resivoir Campground.Follow the signs.Edge ice will be bad soon so now is the time.Kappy I'll shoot you a pm w/my landline tomorrow-give me a yell when you can definately be there.I'll show ya a few spots but cannot fish cause I need to take my boy to Drs at 245-see ya BigD

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Yesterday it had 7inches of snow ice on top of 12 plus inches of solid ice-getting on may be tough but plenty of ice-BigD

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:07 PM »
thanks BigD..i'll throw a couple of planks in the back of the truck..have a sick day icey and meet us there

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2005, 09:33 AM »
thanks BigD..i'll throw a couple of planks in the back of the truck..have a sick day icey and meet us there

Are you guys going to be there Friday, If so I will meet you there. I will be coming from Binghamton. where do you get on the Lake?

Icey

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:47 PM »
I fished Lebanon today-shore ice is getting tricky but 10inches of solid ice there.I causght nothing shallow-everything deep-Perch like before.42ft-stright off the damn.Go by the beach and you should find a way on.I'll be there around 1pm-going after steelies in am.BigD

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Did anyone make it to Lebanon? Kappy called-I saw a ton of ice on tere this pm onway home from steelheading.Reports are appreciated-Peace BigD

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #14 on: Apr 01, 2005, 07:26 PM »
Hey Big D how'd you do on the steel? Been thinking of going up, but the went way up today. If you need a partner for fishing up north let me Know. I go through Randelsville on my way north. 

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 01, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Did anyone make it to Lebanon? Kappy called-I saw a ton of ice on tere this pm onway home from steelheading.Reports are appreciated-Peace BigD

BigD
 Kappy and I were on Lebanon, deep water took 21 perch between us. Ice holding fine still 8 or so, we got on at the ramp Only fished about 4 hours PM.Sorry you couldn't make it.

Icey

PS Kappy's computer is out he cannot post

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2005, 02:54 PM »
alrighty then, i'm back on with a new power supply but still smells like its burning so who knows how like the pc will work...Hey BigD...thanks so much for the info icey and myself had a good time..Icey, was a pleasure meeting you and i'm glad you showed up..not a good time of year to venture out alone..i look forward to hooking up with you next season..but feel free to contact me if you want to give the ducks a try this next hunting season or for any other reason..P.S. people if BigD say's its so then it's so..we got into them like he said and if we had started earlier no doubt we would have done even better...thanks again

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2005, 08:20 PM »
..P.S. people if BigD say's its so then it's so..we got into them like he said and if we had started earlier no doubt we would have done even better...thanks again

BigDaddy is the man!  He know's his stuff, and is a good dude to boot. 

RoverOwner

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2005, 09:03 PM »
roverowner, i was hopeing you might show up also, would like to meet you up there sometime next year...yourself, Bigdaddy and ddubya have talked up the madison county water all winter and have me looking to do a little more exploring up that way..once again, i thank you all

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2005, 02:38 PM »
[Icey, was a pleasure meeting you and i'm glad you showed up..not a good time of year to venture out alone..i look forward to hooking up with you next season..but feel free to contact me if you want to give the ducks a try this next hunting season or for any other reason..P.S.

I sent you a PM Kappydick not sure if PM is working. Sounds good we will hookup for early ice or sooner . Enjoyed fishing on L. with you. Send me a PM.

Dave

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2005, 04:46 PM »
roverowner, i was hopeing you might show up also, would like to meet you up there sometime next year...yourself, Bigdaddy and ddubya have talked up the madison county water all winter and have me looking to do a little more exploring up that way..once again, i thank you all

Kap - I wound up having to work.  I had planned to meet up with you guys.  There's always next year!

RoverOwner

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2005, 07:53 PM »
yes always next year or sooner...never know....happy trails

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Glad I could help ya find some fish.It does my heart good to know that someone capitalized on my info.I hope that next year my health will allow me to fish more than I did this year.It isnt off to a great start.Roverowner-lets do a steelhead trip next week or later this week.I head to Myrtle Beach the 15th so before that ok? Peace and good luck and see ya on the hardwater next year-BigD aka Chuck

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Apr 04, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Roverowner-lets do a steelhead trip next week or later this week.I head to Myrtle Beach the 15th so before that ok? Peace and good luck and see ya on the hardwater next year-BigD aka Chuck

Chuck,
  This week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday are good.  Next week Wednesday and Friday are good.  Let me know, I'm good to go!  Myrtle Beach, eh?  Do the kids have off?  I have to check the school calendar.  Days that the kids have off always seem to sneak up on me.

John

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2005, 04:52 PM »
John-kids have the 18th through the 22nd-I have my condo already paid for-Royal Gardens resorts-right on the Ocean.It has indoor pool/hot tub and outdoor pool/hot tub.So my body will at least get some TLC.I'll let ya know when the water is down enough up there to have some sucsess.I'll shoot you some e-mail in next few days on what equipment you should have.Take care BigD aka Chuck     I hope I can eat by then  this Compazine isnt working-YAAAAkkkkkkkkk! LOL

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Apr 04, 2005, 07:00 PM »

Chuck,
   Just give me a holler.  Good luck with the nausea.  Maybe you need a suppository!  For a guy your size, I'd say a butt bullet in 50cal would be about right.

John

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Apr 05, 2005, 03:59 PM »
John-lets shoot for next wednesday.I'll e-mail equipment details asap-Peace BigD aka C

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Apr 05, 2005, 07:32 PM »
John-lets shoot for next wednesday.I'll e-mail equipment details asap-Peace BigD aka C

Next Wednesday sounds good.  I'm working tomorrow (Wed), Thurs, and the weekend.  If you need anything stop in and we'll BS for a while.  Otherwise, get me a list so I can hit Gander before next Wednesday if I need anything.

John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.