Author Topic: sled pics  (Read 695 times)

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sled pics
« on: Jul 27, 2019, 01:45 PM »
Thinking of making a new sled to go on top of my smitty sled or instead of it. I have looked through the old posts and was hoping maybe someone had some new ideas.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: sled pics
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2019, 08:15 PM »
What is your capibiltities metal or wood?  Or plastic totes pvc? They also make star board or that plastic trim molding  up to 5"x I think 1/2 inch x 48 inch you could edge cglue to make a bigger thicker piece  that trim a can be cheap to make sleds out of I am thinking it better them wood cause it don't rot ever! Then it's coming up with design? Could even use 1/8 poly carbonate or etc if you can bend aluminum angle   can be trmed with a table saw use that to bolt 1/8; inch or .25 inch polycabonate too?   Sky is the limit when you get to thinking!!  lowes carries the plastic trim boards freckleface.com has the cheapest sheets of polycarbonate I have ever seen.. depending what your planning star board maybe to heavy?? Snowmobile type situation?  they use if in boats as consoles etc.. and a 2x4 foot piece is like 60 to 80 dollars for star board..

Look at basic shapes like the sled you buy the slopeing up angle from ground up to top lip.. or even boxes with dividers and go from there. Figure what suits ya best!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.