Author Topic: 11/Antero/Tarry  (Read 710 times)

Offline Barry McCalkiner

• IceShanty Rookie
11/Antero/Tarry
« on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Any updates from these areas? Coming from KS thurs to hit them up. Staying in Hartsel. Probably going to hit up 11m fri. Cross Creek area...had some luck there this time last yr. Any info or tips would b much appreciated.  thx.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 11/Antero/Tarry
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:33 PM »
Barry__ I understand that Tarryall has been fishing well this winter, trout somewhat larger than is typical there and even a few pike. Elevenmile runs hot and cold per usual. That Cross Creek area seems to draw the biggest crowds but I gather that Lazy Boy, Rogers Mountain, Rocking Chair and Howbert are all yielding. Since you're in Hartsel don't forget about Antero which was red hot at first ice but then cooled off. I haven't heard anything recently. Passing thru the Springs on your way, stop in at Colorado Tackle Pro at Hwy 24 and 21st St. Chris and his crew will have the latest skinny on where to wet your worm. Prepare for some wind Friday.
  Now then, let's talk about those Spring crappie out in your area.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Barry McCalkiner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Yea we plan on hitting 11m Friday and seeing how it goes. Maybe try Antero sat. Dont hav to b back till tues but just have to see how the fishin is.  There's definitely some spots down this way for some crappie.

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2018, 10:43 PM »
Ice at Antero 8 inches, Ice at 11 Mile 10-12 in most areas I fished.  Cross Creek will give you the best chance to get into fish and mark the most.  Witchers Cove has open water closer towards the outlet area.  Subtle jigging to dead sticking is probably the most successful.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline Barry McCalkiner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Much appreciated DrC. Had some luck last yr at CC.  Can’t wait to get out on some ice for a few days. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.