Author Topic: Antero Res  (Read 718 times)

Offline gman008

• IceShanty Rookie
Antero Res
« on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Does anyone know if they stocked Antero this past year and how hard it was hit when they raised the limit to 8 fish?

Offline Malty Falcon

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Antero Res
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Antero probably received well over 100,000 fish this year again, many different sizes.  I saw 12,000 2-7 inch fish go in in late October.  The hatchery gal said they were coming from a flood-damaged hatchery in the front range.  There were very few people fishing there during hunting season.
On my last three trips to Antero, there has been less than 20 people on the lake, but I never go there on weekends.

Malty
Fishin' is better with a Malty Beverage!

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:06 PM »
I can't say about the stocking but the two days I've fished this winter all I have seen is small fish.   I think when they said they were going to drain it and upped the limit, may have hurt the numbers of big fish.  Just my opinion
fish all day drink all night....!!!!!!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:19 AM »
I can't say about the stocking but the two days I've fished this winter all I have seen is small fish.   I think when they said they were going to drain it and upped the limit, may have hurt the numbers of big fish.  Just my opinion
That sounds about right. At least they did restock it and it wont take too long to get big fish again.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.