Author Topic: Georgetown lake  (Read 982 times)

Offline michael75

• IceShanty Rookie
Georgetown lake
« on: Dec 07, 2013, 07:41 PM »
any info on fish bites at what depths? ice thickness...I seen peeps out there on the ice.  any info helps

thank God for Ice Fishing

Offline cichlidfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Georgetown lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2013, 07:11 PM »
Fished the inlet area from 11 to 4 and the fishing was hot!! Between the two of us we caught over 40 fish (some being nice browns) and it was non-stop action. The trout were also really aggressive and would hit anything you put down the hole. The ice at the inlet area was about 6 inches of hard clear ice, and on the main lake it was a little more than that. Still snow cover on the ice too. The water clarity was also really good at about 13 feet. Hope it helps!
Turner Mason

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Stopped there on the way back from keystone this morning. We fished the main lake by a handful of other shacks. Only fished for about an hour, we set up in 7.5fow. Very clear. We saw a handful, caught 3 rainbows. Then the winds picked up to around 50-60mph and everyone cleared out.

Fished the inlet area from 11 to 4 and the fishing was hot!! Between the two of us we caught over 40 fish (some being nice browns) and it was non-stop action. The trout were also really aggressive and would hit anything you put down the hole. The ice at the inlet area was about 6 inches of hard clear ice, and on the main lake it was a little more than that. Still snow cover on the ice too. The water clarity was also really good at about 13 feet. Hope it helps!

Were you in one of the red hubs out there today??

Offline cichlidfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2013, 12:10 AM »
Stopped there on the way back from keystone this morning. We fished the main lake by a handful of other shacks. Only fished for about an hour, we set up in 7.5fow. Very clear. We saw a handful, caught 3 rainbows. Then the winds picked up to around 50-60mph and everyone cleared out.

Were you in one of the red hubs out there today??

No, this was from when I went on Saturday. It seems like the inlet area has been fishing better than the main lake.
Turner Mason

Offline michael75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:45 AM »
I fished sunday morning from 11 to 1 or so  on the main lake, probably almost straight out of the bridge  didn't catch anything, as I was leaving, some other guy told me he been they for 4 hours didn't catch anything, but he did say the fish are there just not biting

sounds like I will try the inlet next time,

thanks

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2013, 12:08 PM »
I fished sunday morning from 11 to 1 or so  on the main lake, probably almost straight out of the bridge  didn't catch anything, as I was leaving, some other guy told me he been they for 4 hours didn't catch anything, but he did say the fish are there just not biting

We pulled out and fished very similar hours. We were in the Frabill flipover that set up next to the Frabill double hub and the green Eskimo flip over. We caught 4 Rainbows in about an hour. Saw more swim by, show a little interest in our jigs, and kept on. Then the winds picked up and the lake cleared off.

Offline Brute Force

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2013, 12:15 PM »
My son and his Grand Father were on the bridge a couple weeks ago and said there were dozens and dozens of dead fish below.
My boy said he stopped counting at sixty?

Brute

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.