Author Topic: Antero  (Read 1113 times)

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
Antero
« on: Nov 27, 2013, 08:35 PM »
Heading down in the am anyone fish today if so how was the ice?  Take ing a buddy, rope, and ice spikes.  Anyone have recent conditions?
fish all day drink all night....!!!!!!!

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Antero
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2013, 05:26 PM »
Antero has 4-6 in of ice on the north side.  People fishing the south side of the lake as well.   -10 when I got out of the car at 7 am today 28 when I left at two.   Caught a bunch of slimers nothing big

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2013, 06:55 PM »
Thanks for the report. Can't wait to get on the ice again.

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2013, 08:01 PM »
I'll be there dark and early.  Thanks for the report.  I'll post tomorrow night.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Offline H the yeti

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2013, 10:53 PM »
I am headed up in the am also. As of tuesday people still falling in. Dude might have found 4-6" but don't have a false sense of security when you get out on the ice. Look for a black fusion with a giant dent in the driver's side from the neighbor today.... say howdy.
Yay4u

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2013, 05:01 PM »
It is still November, if you don't have a buddy, rope, and ice spikes you don't need to be on the ice this time of year.

Offline cichlidfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Did anybody fish Antero today? I might head up there tomorrow.
Turner Mason

Offline trout_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Fished it from 9:30 to 2:30, was late getting rolling as I needed to buy a new auger, iced 13 with the biggest around 14-15 inches. Gorgeous day. The ice was 6 inches on the north shore where I was at and was doing a lot of shifting and popping till noon.

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2013, 06:47 PM »
We fished the north shore today also and it was 6" in most places....Read that as "most places, NOT ALL!!"  As I headed towards the dam I actually set up on some 2-2.5 inch stuff.  I only fished it for 10 minutes and left as soon as the ice started talking.  No sense fishing on thin stuff when there's plenty of 6" stuff to be found.  Oh, the fishing was slow and we iced 5.  Largest was a 17.5 inch brown - nothing to write home about but it was ice fishing on Black Friday!  A good two weeks ahead of last year.

I also saw people scattered along the north shore, the dam and a good number on the south shore.

Drove by 11 Mile on the way home and it need another good week.  It's got a lid but is super-sketchy looking.  My guess is the ice probably ranges from skim on the north shore to a bit more on the south shore (my guess - not measured).  NO ONE was out on 11 Mile anywhere that I could see.  Let her rest and go to Antero for now is my suggestion.

Offline cichlidfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Thanks for the info!
Turner Mason

Offline trout_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Nice to meet you today colorado. Was sort of comical to watch you guys warn a new comer about the area of thin ice and then watch him walk right at it like he was looking to fall in. Figured I was going to get to see my first ice fisherman go through the ice.

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Hey Brad!  OK - welcome to the best, most consistent ice fishing forum out there.  I've been on here for over ten years (they lost my original info once so I had to re-register).  Nothing but good stuff on this site as I'm sure you'll notice.

Yeah, I can't believe that guy kept going straight for it.  I was just glad to not be sitting over there when that big crack happened.  And I'm glad nothing happened to him either.  That was some sketchy stuff. 

Oh, Happy Anniversary!   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.