The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 12/31/07 Panther Lake Pike County  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Team Bling Sportfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 2008 Team Bling -Out on the big pond!
12/31/07 Panther Lake Pike County
« on: Jan 01, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Fished all day, found a good number of perch. Put 4 Bass back in. 14-18". The week before more purch and one huge crappie about 17".Tough trying to find bait around here Ironwood has been closed so its a 20 min ride to Hamlin. We have about 9" of ice out there.
2008 tourney season begins on Seneca lake in June, then off the big pond for Salmon derby's till fall. Tight Lines & HEAVY Nets!
                      Good Luck from Team Bling, Justin AKA "Capt. Bling" and wife Kris

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 12/31/07 Panther Lake Pike County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2008, 07:47 AM »
Where is panther lake? Is it private? You can get bait at Wallenpaupack sports shop near the dam. I like to keep track of all the lakes in pike and wayne I just can't place panther lake.

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Where is panther lake? Is it private? You can get bait at Wallenpaupack sports shop near the dam. I like to keep track of all the lakes in pike and wayne I just can't place panther lake.

I'm guessing that it's private... 99% of the time, if you haven't heard the name then it is a private lake.

See info below (assuming that this is the correct location).

Title :   National Dam Inspection Program. Panther Lake Dam. Delaware River Basin, Freeling Run, Pike County, Pennsylvania (NDI ID Number PA-00416, DER ID Number 52-157), Panther Lake Property Owners Association. Phase I Inspection Report,

Corporate Author : GANNETT FLEMING CORDDRY AND CARPENTER INC HARRISBURG PA

Personal Author(s) : Futchko,Frederick

Report Date : FEB 1980

Pagination or Media Count : 80

Abstract : Panther Lake Dam is a homogeneous, earthfill embankment. It is about 19 feet high at its maximum section and is 665 feet long, including the spillway. The embankment is founded on earth. The spillway is located at the right abutment and consists of an approach channel, a concrete weir, a stilling basin, and an outlet channel. The crest length is 67.2 feet. The spillway crest is 4 feet lower than the top of the dam. The outlet works is located at the maximum section of the embankment and consists of an intake structure, a 30-inch diameter reinforced concrete conduit, and an outlet structure. Based on visual inspection, available records, calculations, past operational performance, and according to criteria established for these studies, Panther Lake Dam is judged to be in good condition. The spillway will pass about 60 percent of the Probable Maximum Flood (PMF) without overtopping of the dam. No stability problems were evident for the embankment or the appurtenant structures at the time of the visual inspection.

Descriptors :   *EARTH DAMS, STABILITY, HYDROLOGY, DEFICIENCIES, SAFETY, VISUAL INSPECTION, FLOODING, RESERVOIRS, PENNSYLVANIA.

Subject Categories : CIVIL ENGINEERING

Distribution Statement : APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Panther Lake is in the South West corner of Pike County.  Off of 191 a few miles near the Monroe County border I believe.  I assume that it is associated with Panther Lake Estates and is private.

Offline Team Bling Sportfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 2008 Team Bling -Out on the big pond!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Yes its private. Its about 10 mins from Newfoundland. My family was lucky enough to have some of our property flooded when they built the lake. We sold the land to PLPOA Panther Lake Property Owners ASS for rights to use the lake. We have 80 acres that border the lake shore. There is Northern Pike, Walleye, Crappie, Bass, Perch, Bluegills, Bullhead, Channel Cats, Suckers and Golden Shiners in the lake. Always a blast out there. I will be on it most of the weekend. Iam sometimes willing to take people on with me as long as everyone has respect for the land. (And brings the BEER)
2008 tourney season begins on Seneca lake in June, then off the big pond for Salmon derby's till fall. Tight Lines & HEAVY Nets!
                      Good Luck from Team Bling, Justin AKA "Capt. Bling" and wife Kris

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.