The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Poll

Which body of water would you prefer to go to for the 2nd annual NEPA get together?

Harvey's Lake - Luzerne County
3 (8.1%)
Lake Carey - Wyoming County
0 (0%)
Francis Slocum - Luzerne County
4 (10.8%)
Rose Valley - Lycoming County
10 (27%)
Lake Jean(Ricketts Glenn S.P) - Sullivan & Luzerne Counties
13 (35.1%)
Lily Lake - Luzerne County
4 (10.8%)
Still water Susquehanna
3 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 2nd Annual NEPA lake poll  (Read 7014 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
2nd Annual NEPA lake poll
« on: Dec 01, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Marshrat asked me to post this poll. Pick which one you'd like.
Ken                                          

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
Re: 2nd Annual NEPA lake poll
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Marshrat asked me to post this poll. Pick which one you'd like.
Thanks Ken
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline JAZII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NO FLASHER? NO FISH? NO KIDDING?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2007, 11:39 PM »
The lake I want is not on there!
I would be willing to help some guys out that have had little luck on this lake.
Lake Wallenpaupack
JAZII

2007 1ST Perch 15 5/16"   2007 1ST Brown Trout 28 3/8"
2008 1ST BlueGill 10 7/8"
2009 2ND Perch 15"
2010 2ND Perch 16 1/8"

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2007, 12:58 AM »
The lake I want is not on there!
I would be willing to help some guys out that have had little luck on this lake.
Lake Wallenpaupack
JAZII
I agree... I would like to learn how to fish this lake, I heard so much about the potential there!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2007, 06:32 AM »
hmmmmm  ??? ???...the pack...not on the list... ??? ??? ??? :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2007, 06:14 PM »
We talked about this in the 1st page the pack is to far east!! There are alot of great lakes on that list!
Christopher S Neal

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2007, 08:12 PM »
To far east to catch nice perch??  JAZII  If you want to show this Old Jarhead how to catch some like that I'd be all ears.  It's about and hour or so for me. 

Steve
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Travel a little further.
My vote's for the Pack when you add it.
Has the biggest fish

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Travel a little further.
My vote's for the Pack when you add it.
Has the biggest fish

I second that.
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2007, 10:50 PM »
We talked about this in the 1st page the pack is to far east!! There are alot of great lakes on that list!

You do realize NEPA is NORTH EAST PA... maybe it should be a NCPA Lake poll

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2007, 07:19 AM »
Hey guys you guys are more then welcome to go to the pack anytime you want. We are having this gathering in a central location for everyone to have a chance to come and meet each other. Its not about catching the biggest fish its about going out and having a good time come on guys !!
Christopher S Neal

Offline Jig-A-Whopper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig-em-Up       NO FLASHER-NO FISHIN-NO KIDDIN
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:43 AM »
JAW SAIS ADD THE PACK TO THE LIST..... LET THE NEPA ANGLERS DECIDE ...  IF THE PAC DOES NOT GET THE MOST VOTES THAN SO BE IT.......

CHECK OUT SOME PERCH PICS I RECENTLY  POSTED IN THE PICTURES FORUM TODAY..  THESE WERE JUST CAUGHT FROM THE PACK    ''BEFORE PACK SLAMMER PERCH"

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2007, 01:01 PM »
I vote for the Pack also!!   I set up the 1st one back several years ago and we had a great time  it also allowed a bunch of guys from the surrounding states to come.  the pole has all lakes from the south centeral area of the NEPA

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2007, 01:10 PM »
If this "pack" is loaded with big fish...I might consider taking the drive myself...and if the pack is loaded with fish...I vote for having it there......
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Not to confuse this issue................. ..........but, if some of you want to make the effort and take the time to plan a get-together on the Pack, go for it. I think the guys that started this were calling it the NEPA event, and since they are taking the time to plan it, work at it and such, they can have it whereever they want. Yet they have been nice enough to give us a choice. Please do not complain because Lake Champlain isn't one of the choices, regardless of how large the smelt are.

Thank you.

Hey guys you guys are more then welcome to go to the pack anytime you want. We are having this gathering in a central location for everyone to have a chance to come and meet each other. Its not about catching the biggest fish its about going out and having a good time come on guys !!

Well said.................. ............
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:17 PM »
Not to confuse this issue................. ..........but, if some of you want to make the effort and take the time to plan a get-together on the Pack, go for it. I think the guys that started this were calling it the NEPA event, and since they are taking the time to plan it, work at it and such, they can have it whereever they want. Yet they have been nice enough to give us a choice. Please do not complain because Lake Champlain isn't one of the choices, regardless of how large the smelt are.

Thank you.

Very logical response  ::) ??? ;D   Lake Champlain?
YO YO
Why don't the "Rat Pack" do just that and call it the SWPA Event.
Big Water is a scarey thing but get over it already
I'll meet anyone at the Pack
nebe
Never Leave to find Fish!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Feel free to meet on the pack this is just for people that want to have a good time and meet fellow ISers I can see if you guys are making such a big deal about this I don't want you to come!!
Christopher S Neal

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:53 PM »
You realize that Stillwater from your list is almost to the mile as far east as the pack, right? Oh I almost forgot. No good roads like rt.84 going right past either.
nybe

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:56 PM »
I thought he meant ice fishing the still water of the Susquehanna River, as some of us on here like to do.
Yeah, if your talking about the other Stillwater your traveling almost as far like nybigeyes said...

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:07 PM »

Thank you.

Byron, you make no sense, you blow things out of proportion, I know you're making a point by saying Lake Champlain, but come on, it seems that you like to start with people just to tic them off.

I believe that the guys ARE setting up a gathering at the PACK, put it this way so far there are more anglers asking for the Pack than the most votes of all the other lakes.... So, I'll be a first and nominate myself to set up a"NEPA" get together, you guys can have a PA get together.  If that sounds good to all the guys here that want the pack, I beg the mod's to make up a topic for me for a PACK get together.
Thanks for your time and patience.... 

Also I would like Lottie to either get back to this post or IM him so I can get this ball rolling since he said he did it the first time.

Offline miller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:28 PM »
I think you got the right idea Mr. Iceman.  The first get-together at the Pack had a bunch of members show up, even those of us driving from Chester County, and since it is not a state run lake open fires and alcohol are allowed.  And if I remember right I believe a moster brown was caught that day.  There certainly seems to be enough interest to have another get together there.

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:36 PM »
We could call it the "Get Whacked at the Pack Attack" there were some guys from NY that expressed bit of intrest. Make it so Capt' Mad Icemon. I can't wait to fish this baitch! When Where
nybe

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:43 PM »
I think you got the right idea Mr. Iceman.  The first get-together at the Pack had a bunch of members show up, even those of us driving from Chester County, and since it is not a state run lake open fires and alcohol are allowed.  And if I remember right I believe a moster brown was caught that day.  There certainly seems to be enough interest to have another get together there.
how many people showed up at that event?  this sounds interesting if I, being a newbie can get things underway, thanks for your support... I know of the potential at the lake, I'm just new to icefishing and trying to get all I can out of this page and it's anglers, ya gotta start somewhere!

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2007, 05:39 AM »
Can't we all just get along  ??? ??? ???
Why don't we hold two events??? Does it really matter who organizes it? Sounds as if we all have a common interest right?? I would think that the more events like this that we have the better. We/us/them...who cares...we all are icefisherman looking to get together  :)
Not looking to PO anyone. Just wanting to have some fun on the ice with other IS memebers  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2007, 06:01 AM »
PA can have several get togethers in any year. Someone just has to post "how about a get together on lake X on whatever date".  We've had previous get togethers and I had a good time meeting other members and fishing those lakes.  Let's not bicker. If someone is having a get together somewhere and you don't want to go to that lake, then take the bull by the horns and say you would like to have a get together at another lake on such and such date. I understand with the cost of gas, many people don't want to travel a lot of miles. 
Ken                                          

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 04, 2007, 06:28 AM »
Works for me  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:09 AM »
PA can have several get togethers in any year. Someone just has to post "how about a get together on lake X on whatever date".  We've had previous get togethers and I had a good time meeting other members and fishing those lakes.  Let's not bicker. If someone is having a get together somewhere and you don't want to go to that lake, then take the bull by the horns and say you would like to have a get together at another lake on such and such date. I understand with the cost of gas, many people don't want to travel a lot of miles. 
Agree

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #27 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:46 PM »
I have had a laugh over these posts.  When we did the 1st get together on the Pack it all started out the same way. and after a poll the Pack won by a large margin.  we had guys come in from Maryland, NY, NJ and of course all over Pa. Had several stay for the weekend. Close to 30 people with fried turkeys and all kinds of food.  The only problem is because the pack is so large it takes a while for the lake to freeze. So we normally look for a time in Mid Feb. and play it by ear.

I'll be glad to help with info if we have a Pack event.  Great access and no State restrictions as far as fire, transportation and drinking. (as long as you go in on a PPL access not Fish commission access.   

If you want an earlier gathering I would suggest another lake.

A previous post was right about a 28" brownie being caught and I was with a guy that caught a 42" Northern this past winter.  Along with JUMBO Perch.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Can someone give me a zip code where this "pack" is located??  I'm thinking it's a 6-7 hour drive for me from upstate NY at the Canadian border....but for big fish and a chance to hang out with a group of fellow ice fishermen, it'll be well worth the drive...Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #29 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:40 PM »
upper end is Hawley  18428  Lower end is Greentown  18426

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.