Author Topic: One more weekend to go!  (Read 1553 times)

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
One more weekend to go!
« on: Mar 25, 2013, 01:56 PM »
So, here we are, the final week of ice fishing the managed lakes. Better make it good! All year long we are on this forum and being all hush hush, worried about spot burning, etc... but its the last blast here. Where you gonna fish? Come on, you don't have to worry about a flood of people invading you, especially Easter weekend. The big lake? Newfound? Nubi? Winnisquam? The Ct. Lakes? Great East? Ossipee? Dan Hole? Where are you going to make that last effort?

Weather is looking to cooperate actually, gonna be warming in the 40's this week here in NH, but evening lows are in the 20's so hopefully the edges will hold. I got the plank in the truck already.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: One more weekend to go!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2013, 03:04 PM »

Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2013, 03:38 PM »

I am going to try to talk my fishing buddies into a trip to Winni  to end the season (if the edges are reported to be OK by the end of the week).
I'll be on foot... so I won't be venturing too far out onto the lake, but hopefully I can find some decent activity.

Would be more specific, but I don't know the lake that well or were I'll be going... so I can't be.

Hope everyone enjoyed the last official weekend on managed lakes.

Offline winnisquamtrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2013, 03:40 PM »
winnisquam......ethier black brook for bows or off lower smith rd for lakers......and if that dosnt work then the south side as usual

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2013, 05:32 PM »
  Not looking that far ahead yet. I do know I will be drilling holes by 3:30 tomorrow afternoon at Massy after work.
John

Offline Riffle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2013, 06:12 PM »
Well, I'll say good luck to everyone that is going to get one more crack at the ice this season. I have  trip down to the in-laws in CT, so no fishing in NH for me. I'll be packing the fly rod and hitting some rivers down there--might even bring the surf rod and try a few spots for some holdover schoolies. I looking forward to the next phase of the fishing year.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2013, 07:00 PM »
Doc, where's the pix from this weekend? I've been waiting for days....haven't left my computer!  ;)
Going back up for next weekend too?

I'll be at Newfound Saturday. Gonna try to make it on Sunday too, since I haven't seen March 31st on that lake in a couple of years. I'll be in a super secret spot with about 20 other people, so I have to remain secretive. Nobody will know we're there.  ;D
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2013, 07:08 PM »
my lake will remain secret for now. gonna use a super secret glow head bucktail with some slimey secret sauced up sucker(if i can get some)
just kidding, i'll be on, you guessed it. winni.... with a squam attached , that is.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:42 AM »
Where I am going to be at the only ice I am going to see is in my drink glass. Going south to see my daughter in Florida. Saturday going to see the Sox in Fort Myers. Hopefully I will get one more shot at it the weekend of 4/6.

Offline Oddfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:56 AM »
Where I am going to be at the only ice I am going to see is in my drink glass. Going south to see my daughter in Florida. Saturday going to see the Sox in Fort Myers. Hopefully I will get one more shot at it the weekend of 4/6.

Get some sea trout or some of them big ole FL bucket mouths while your down there.

oddfish
stick around something odd will come out soon.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2013, 08:12 AM »
Get some sea trout or some of them big ole FL bucket mutha while your down there.

oddfish

Oddfish you have been reading my mind. Doesn't take long.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Doc, where's the pix from this weekend? I've been waiting for days....haven't left my computer!  ;)
Going back up for next weekend too?

I'll be at Newfound Saturday. Gonna try to make it on Sunday too, since I haven't seen March 31st on that lake in a couple of years. I'll be in a super secret spot with about 20 other people, so I have to remain secretive. Nobody will know we're there.  ;D

I do have pixs but I'm really bad about downloading them off the camera! I will tonight. Not going to Pittsburg next weekend unfortunately. But have been talking to my buddy about maybe hitting Newfound this Saturday, we've wanted to all year but it just hasn't happened. Supposed to be nice too!

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2013, 05:37 PM »
I'm headed to Big Dan Hole for one last fling...Good Luck to everyone who plans on heading out for the closer!!!             
Hopefully I'll get one last chance to post a few pics...       TR

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Get some sea trout or some of them big ole FL bucket mouths while your down there.

oddfish

;D ;D  ODD don't temp Denny!  This is a father daughter affair.  Just ask his wife??  There will be lots of ice in the north when after he get his sun tan!!

Dick

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2013, 06:31 PM »
 :-\ Unfortunately I put all my gear away Sunday when I got off the ice... My 4 month winter vaca is over, it is time to get back to work and make some much needed $$$. 
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline nhdeadhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:01 PM »
I'm gonna hit Winni for the last time on Saturday.  I'm going to try my luck a few miles north of the Bay and try to get into some rainbows. I'll spend Sunday making sure all gear is in order to chase some salmon on Monday.

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:34 PM »
my wife, daughter, new Shappell Wide House and I are going to spend the last day trying to repeat last weekends success at Granite. Hope everyone had a great season and look forward to spending next year with yall right here at IS.
Tight Lines :tipup:

Pat
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline South_Texas70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2013, 08:06 PM »
I think I will hit Sunapee to get skunked one last time!!!! Plus I need to try out the new auger!!
Tex :tipup:

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2013, 06:46 AM »
Look at all the people willing to "expose" their destination! I am impressed!

Offline Oddfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2013, 07:01 AM »
Look at all the people willing to "expose" their destination! I am impressed!

There is a reason I talk about reading back threads to get information @) .

Oddfish
stick around something odd will come out soon.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2013, 07:42 AM »
;D ;D  ODD don't temp Denny!  This is a father daughter affair.  Just ask his wife??  There will be lots of ice in the north when after he get his sun tan!!

Dick

Dick,

I get more of a sun tan on the ice. Cold spell down here (I love it). Temps in the 70's and everyone is bundled up like it is 0. I like telling people that 3 days ago I was fishing on 2 ft. of ice. They look at me like I am from another planet. I'm definately going to try to get out when I get back. Denny

Offline Worm Dangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'll be somewhere in God's Country
« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2013, 09:00 AM »
1st Conn. here we come!

3 day weekend in the Burgs, can't beat it!  Picking up bait for Treats & Treasures on the way up.

Good luck everyone, hope you go out with a bang.

Brad
Drink Like a Fish

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2013, 09:18 AM »
Nice!! Hopefully you can pull up that big boy I lost at the hole last weekend! I got your PM... if I had to guess I'd say maybe 24-30"? It was heartbreaking! I wouldn't go too much deeper, they were hitting good at 22'.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2013, 08:49 PM »
1st Conn. here we come!

3 day weekend in the Burgs, can't beat it!  Picking up bait for Treats & Treasures on the way up.

Good luck everyone, hope you go out with a bang.

Brad

Good luck bud I wish I was with you. No distractions this weekend. Get those cusk traps out too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.