The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beaver Dams on Sale  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
Beaver Dams on Sale
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Beaver Dams are $27 at Fleet Farm this week.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Beaver Dams on Sale
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:00 PM »
I went to the store in Men. Falls yesterday and the BDs on sale are gone. Went up to the store in Beaver Dam today and they didn't even have the sale signs up. I asked the guy in sporting goods and he said they sold out of their stock quick. The only series that was on sale are the "original" any of the "specials" are not included in the sale. May try Appleton later this week.

Offline bjones1984

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:06 PM »
what makes the beaver dam tip ups so sought out and that much more expensive? i have a buddy that uses only beaver dam tip ups and he catchs tons of walleye, but i catch walleye on my HT tip ups as well. so whats the hype?

Offline BadgerFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2011, 10:12 PM »
The hype is that BDs last a long time with little upkeep.  I have 2 of them that are 20+ years old and never had to do anything to them. My 3rd finally needs to go back to be regreased. That one is 28 years old. I have bought a few other brands and they seem to only last for about 5 years before the upkeep starts.  I will pay my $ for quality that lasts anyday.
GO Badgers !!

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:35 PM »
I grew up using nothing but Beaver Dams and love them. I also have some that are 20 + years old.  I have never had to re lube or anything to these.  I only thing I have done to them is put new flags on because of fading.  The only reason I have ever had to replace any of them was due to someone running a few over with snowmobiles or trucks.  Excellent piece of equipment!!!

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Had some of mine for 20 plus years also, and the only thing they ever need is an occasional re-lube.

Offline Gman64

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It Cant Be Time To Go Home I Still Have Bait Left!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:27 PM »
I was able to pick up 7 of them at an auction for 40 bucks this summer was like striking gold only thing that I did was restring them and they were good to go!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.