Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607456 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11940 on: Mar 12, 2018, 04:32 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 25* here on my hill with about the same forecast as Eddie has. :thumbsup: Jon has talked me in getting out today
                  for some more Lake Trout, he said there is a spot on Lake George that is still accessible. We'll see in a couple of hours. ???
                            Steve.......How the house cleaning go?
                            Marv.......I'm glad you had a good B-Day party, any good presents for ice fishing? :clap:
                            Tom........My wife thinks I need to ask my doctor about my sleeping, just what do they do at a sleep center? ???
                             I got to get going I have to make a sandwich for later, I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or if
                  if you can out on some ice. and Eddie your right this time change is something to get use to. :cookoo:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11941 on: Mar 12, 2018, 04:54 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

25 heading into the 40's today but a stiff wind is going to make it seem a lot cooler.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes it was a fun day. No ice fishing presents, but a couple of Cabela's gift cards :thumbsup:

Hope you and the crew have a good week Eddie :thumbsup: It will take a bit for everyone to get adjusted to the time change :cookoo:

IW thanks for the Birthday Banner :thumbsup: Hope your shoulder is feeling a better. Good luck on the ice !

WW any fun plans for the week? Hope your snow collection has come to an end.

TT glad the sleep center visit was a good one :thumbsup: I would do that if our ins. would help out.

mr.clean hope you are feeling better.

I am taking the wife to the bus this morning, then off to Walmart for some a few Groceries.

Hope you all have an excellent day work or play :thumbsup: Above all stay safe

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11942 on: Mar 12, 2018, 06:34 AM »
Morning all,

IW......good luck on the ice, glad the shoulder's feeling better  :thumbsup:

WS.....grocery shopping, ugh  :%$#!:  one of those necessary evils of life  >:D best wishes to your sister on her upcoming surgery

Eddie....guessing the repair wasn't anything simple since you haven't heard from your mechanic yet  :-\  hope your wallet doesn't take too big of a hit

TT.....glad the sleep center appt went well  :clap:  seems the more "advancements" in a vehicle, the less "user friendly" they become  :(

H2L.....still in 1st place  ???

MrC.....hope you're recovering from all the snow removal, looks like another round on the way  ::)

Another quiet day around here. Was hoping to get the boat on some water again, but with the way the forecast is sounding looks like more salt/sand on the roads this week  :'(   can't quite justify hauling the boat thru all that  >:(   guess I'll join WS at the grocery store instead  :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11943 on: Mar 12, 2018, 08:03 AM »
29* this morning. Trip is still in the plans. They are saying 3 to 6 inches up here and an inch in the city. We will see.
We stayed in 1st place, no thanks to my bowling, but that is why it is a team sport. Looks like we will be bowling the same team the next two weeks, then it is over. They have some very good bowlers so we will be getting some pins from them.
Not much planned for today, may even take a nap.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11944 on: Mar 12, 2018, 08:48 AM »
Marv A much belated Happy Birthday. I must have been groggy to not have noticed it was your birthday.

ww All of this stuff they are putting on the cars these days is for the kids, now so called adults, that grew up playing video games instead of playing in the outdoors with friends. Having to look all over the dash to find how you want the heat  to come out of the heater is just as bad as texting when driving. OH for the simple heater controls that just slid from side to side. One to control the temperature and the other to control where the heat went. Not a bunch of buttons to decide how you wanted it to go. You know that a few years down the road all of these gadgets are going to quit working causing problems that are impossible to fix.

IW The sleep center tests you to see how well you are sleeping at night. You go in just before bed time and they put a bunch of sensors on your body. Then you get in bed and sleep or in my case since I am a light sleeper I try to sleep with all of the leads stuck on my body. With the leads and a video camera going all night the technician watches how you sleep. I have gone through it two times as I had to go again as it had been a long time since my first time my insurance wanted it done again. I am on Medicare with a blue cross rider so the appointments and equipment are totally covered.

Marv The Blue Cross rider to go along with my Medicare is expensive but it has been well worth the money with all the health problems I have had. I have had hardly any out of pocket expenses over the years I have had it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11945 on: Mar 12, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Good day 9:45ers , Belated Birthday greetings to Whopper Stopper . MY BIl and I played at WS's job yesterday cut up limb that came down in Wednesday's storm he owns an electric Craftsman chainsaw think he needs to read instruction manual belive we overheated motor as saw stopped part way through job checked breaker on GFI outlet still would not start switch outlets no good check electric panel  still will not start finished job with old 2-man crosscut saw I had at house he also forgot to bring bar and chain oil had to use a bottle of oil I use for 2 cycle snow blower gas mixture . That chainsaw did speed up the job but having to watch power cord and motor problems do not make me want to buy that particular model. We did get furniture moved in a couple rooms so painter can start his work.
Whopper Stopper all the best for your sister this Wednesday.
Eddie hope you get a good report on your truck today think your correct car makers want you to go back to dealership for any repairs /maintenance .
Ice Wanderer happy to hear your shoulder feels well enough to fish.
Wallyworld calling for 1-3 inches overnight so will see what this storm brings to my area. Low amount of dryer snow and my snow blower will handle the job.
Hunts2long may your bowling team stay in first place for rest of this season. May trip to NYC be problem free tomorrow.
Tom Turkey glad sleep center visit went well do they suggest changes to your Cpap machine based on test results and information you provide them on how your sleeping.
 A pleasant afternoon and good evening to everyone.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11946 on: Mar 12, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Good Afternoon, Not a lot going on for me See I missed out on some catching Sunday Morning, and they report water temps up to 41-43 so it will be turning the fish on.  Still have freezing temps in the morning, then up to the low 50's  Store will be staying open until 9:00 now so that makes the day seem 2 hours longer  ::)

Need to check out the forward lights on the boat.  Hope I can take care of that before heading to work my 4 hours.

Steve sounds like your getting close to putting the finishing touches on the house  :thumbsup:

Yup looks like March Madness is setting in.

Good luck at what ever is on your plates.
Bud

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11947 on: Mar 12, 2018, 08:52 PM »
Just found out from a very reliable source that my favorite lake is being fished again after the crazy warm-up we had during the beginning of March that shut things down.  With spud in hand, PFD, and safety gear near my buddy trailing behind, we will give it a go this Saturday, always checking the next step we take.  Only need to get a few hundred yards off shore to get to the area where we caught a lot of late ice perch and the craps may also be there now.   6 guys were out today.  Stay safe!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11948 on: Mar 13, 2018, 01:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  27* and snow falling, high of 32 today. Looks like about 2-3" on the ground at the moment, local news last evening saying 8-12" now possible before all is said and done with this storm...here we go again!  ;D

Perch Chaser...best of luck and a safe trip out/back to you and your buddy Saturday. I've got a feeling some of the lakes around me would be fish able again, but with all this snow hiding everything, think I'll hold off till open water again. Be careful out there!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...best of luck next trip out! Speaking of March Madness....I picked Purdue beating Virginia and taking it all on my bracket.. ;D
  Jeff...hope the Lakers were on fire yesterday for you and Jon!   :thumbsup:

Running short on time again this am, 4am appointment with the jack hammers again.... ;D....will catch up to you all later on today....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11949 on: Mar 13, 2018, 04:50 AM »

We have the same temperature Eddie with lite snow as well but we have about an inch, the weather cat is out but I
                haven't seen any tracks to accurately tell how much we have. I don't think we're going to get that much, fine with me! ::)
                         Bud......I hope you have some luck on your next trip out, sounds like your water temps are rising nicely. :thumbsup:
                         Tom......I don't think I could ever get to sleep all wired up. :blink:
                         Marv.....I hope your shopping went well, sometimes when I go I have a hard time finding what's on the list. I think
                the stores put things all over the store so that you have to search for them and makes you see something else that is not
                on the list and you buy it! ???
                         Yesterday fishing was good, Jon had a banner day. He caught 7 Lakers, 2 Salmon and a Brown! I caught 2 lakers
                and lost a couple at the hole.

One of Jon's Salmon

The Brown
                            I have never seen a Brown in Lake George
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11950 on: Mar 13, 2018, 04:56 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

25 heading close to 4o again today with sunshine.

Good Luck Eddie with both the jack hammer and the snow fall Sir! Probably a good call on waiting for the boat :thumbsup:

WW I am guessing you will be on shovel duty today also ???

TT glad the The Blue Cross rider is paying off. My Dr. wanted me to take the sleep test but with our ins. it would have cost me over $1500 so I declined.

mr.clean sounds like you and your bil had a tough time with the tree work. I can't say as I have ever used an electric saw. He did put bar oil in it  ???

IW hope your hands still smell like fish this morning :thumbsup: Hope you have a good day.

I am off to the run range in a couple of hours. I have a couple of trees to knock down then my dues will be paid in full for 2019. I hope this snow is about gone by  Sunday so I can get back to work on my side jobs

Morning IW! Excellent pictures, congratulations on the Lakers :clap:

Hope you all have an Excellent Tuesday either at work or play :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11951 on: Mar 13, 2018, 05:50 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....congrats on the fish  :clap: :bow:  glad you were able to get back out

H2L....safe travels to the city, hope it's another great report  ;)

WS.....yes sir, I'm afraid it looks like another couple days of shovel detail  :%$#!:  hope your tree detail goes well today  @)

Eddie.....any word on your truck yet ???  safe travels on the ride home today

I'm starting to think the snow is NEVER going to end this year  :'(  That February warm up sure gave me a bad case of spring fever  :whistle:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11952 on: Mar 13, 2018, 07:03 AM »
A little snow in the air this morning. Nothing much guessed for. Praying that every one out east does not get hit by this incoming storm. Three in such a short time has to be getting to every one. No time between them to get recovered from the last one. Our lake has gotten covered with a skim of ice again.

WS The cost of my BC rider has doubled since I first took it out to almost $200 a month. With all of my health issues I can not afford to be with out it. If I did not have it I would have had been in the poor house long ago. It is surprising what Medicare will pay for a procedure compared what a provider asks, most times it is a pittance compared to the billed cost. The provider has to take it. My B/C covers what  Medicare does not. I think I have had less that $150 out of pocket costs over the years.

I have been considering selling my hunting property but I realized that there would have been little left after the goverment took the capital gains out of it. When the ex wife and I bought the 40 acres and house in 1969 we paid $10,500 for the place. I do not know how the splitting the house and 10 acres off would have effected it but with the 30 bare acres being worth around $90,000 now, the capital gains would be pretty big. There is a program I am looking into that would cut the school millage out of the taxes on the property that I am looking into so that would help a lot.

IW It looks like you taught Jon well on how to catch fish. Hopefully he shares the bounty with you. A sleep study is not an easy thing to go through. The first time a years ago I had to go through it twice before they decided what I needed. This last time I also had to go through it twice as they thought I needed to go on oxegen so I had to go back for anoother study. The gal at the sleep center said after the second one that there was no need for me to go on oxygen. It took two weeks for the sleep center to give me the results.

I have the guy commng from the power company this morninng with what they are proposing to change on the easement across my hunting property. I finally had to call the main office to get some responce. I met with the field guy back in the middle of November. I think that there are red flags on my property so they are afraid of getting some back lash. Years ago they cut a tree off of the right away and it cost them $300. I had to threaten them with timber tresspas to get the to pay up as that would have cost them way more.

Gotta love the off and on spell check. It has been more off than on his morning.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11953 on: Mar 13, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Nice fish Jeff.  Nice you can still get out.  Nice Brown BTY, was it put back ? 

Eddie, Purdue ? I picked Texas Tech to due them in, in the sweet 16. I have all the number 1's making the final 4

29* this morning, no snow on the ground at all with the day temps  Crocus, and Daffodil's are now blooming along my west facing walks.

The full time guy called out for today, so now I will be in 8 hrs. on my day off.  ::)  Don't suppose I will get Wednesday off either.

WW, I keep looking over my shoulder for a "Spring" snow storm.  Had one of those on St. Pats day as well as over Easter couple years back.

Tom, yeah best check out the tax situation  :sick:

Coffee time.  Take care all.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11954 on: Mar 13, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Good morning early risers snow started around 11PM Monday night still coming down pavement still to warm/wet to have much accumulation believe weather guessers  calling for 3 inches. I did a Google search for information on daylight Saving Time an Englishman William Willet first thought of the idea of moving clocks ahead in Spring and back in fall. He present this idea to parliament in 1907 and they turned it down . Germany is created with being first county to move clock hours in 1916 during WWI to save electricity Britain  followed in 1917 and United States  in 1918. United States switched back to Standard Time in 1919 with some places moving clocks ahead/back at various times of calendar year. In1966 Uniform Time act was passed  in 1966 bring back clock change .State of Hawaii and most of Arizona stay on Standard time also some U.S. territories due not change clock.
Perch Chacer ditto Eddie's comment may you have a safe trip on Saturday.
IFF yes the house clean out is nearing an end thankfully. All the best to Jayhawks if they are in tournament.
Eddie remember your in a different vehicle and drive cautiously your son's car may preform different in snow then your truck.
Ice Wanderer congratulations to Jon and you on the fish nice you could get a trip in before ice conditions get unsafe.
Whopper Stopper the chain saw had tensioner for chain and oil reservoir I'm assuming it was for bar lubricant . My BIL does not use the saw much he should have read instruction manual before bringing it on trip or better yet brought the manual with him. I'm wondering if the saw does not have an internal circuit  breaker to prevent damage from over heating. I will have to see if he could get it started since we used it on Saturday.
Wallyworld warm spell in February had most of us thinking early Spring. Hope forecasters are wrong and New England area does not see a lot of snow from this storm. Your grandchildren may see a short Spring Break.
Good morning IFF.Tom Turkey see you gentlemen beat me at posting today.
Have a safe and good day folks.
Steve

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11955 on: Mar 13, 2018, 01:34 PM »
GoodAfternoon to All,

The Lake Champlain ice is about done, bummer.  Rain & snowmelt, daytime temps well above 32F fora few weeks, and mostly open along the shores. We had 20”+ of ice for quite awhile. I got to fish some places that didn’t freeze in the last 2 years, so I can’t really complain. Best of luck to all.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11956 on: Mar 13, 2018, 04:29 PM »
12 hour trip went well. Had snow all the way down but the Thruway was only wet. All is good with the wife. She can stop 2 more of her meds. Thanks for the well wishes...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11957 on: Mar 13, 2018, 07:47 PM »
12 hour trip went well. Had snow all the way down but the Thruway was only wet. All is good with the wife. She can stop 2 more of her meds. Thanks for the well wishes...h2l

So glad all is well...
My son is on his way home from down there now.....     :-\ :-\
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11958 on: Mar 14, 2018, 01:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy and 26* with fine light snow falling, high of 33 with another 1-3" forecasted here today. Running out of places to put this stuff... ;D

Dom...hope your son had safe travels home!   :thumbsup:
  H2...Comgratulations to your wife on another great report, awesome!!  :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:  Glad you had safe travels to and from...long trip, but well worth it.....excellent news!
  Lingcod...welcome to aboard the 9:45!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks for the time change history, interesting!  :thumbsup:  Not fond of driving a Honda Civic, especially on snow slickened roads...that was an experience yesterday morn!   ;D
  Bud..best of luck with your bracket...looking forward to the games, and the upsets... :thumbsup:
  Tom..hope your meeting with the power company went well, looking forward to your report! 
  Wally...no word on the truck yet. Small shop, just the owner and one assistant mechanic and he was backed up with work...stopping by there today. Agree, February's thaw had me getting the itch for again for open water as well. Hope the snow removal has gone ok for you..enough is enough already!   ;D
   Marv...hope the tree removal went well yesterday, nice barter!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...great job with the pictures, congrats to you and Jon on another trip! Have never heard of anyone getting a Brown in LG either, thats awesome!  :clap: :bow: Best of luck if heading back out again today!

Starting at 4 again this am....cawfee's on!
  Catch up to you all at break...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11959 on: Mar 14, 2018, 03:51 AM »

It's 25* and still snowing here on my hill, we have about 8" on the ground, so much for 1 to 3 as first forecasted! ::)
                       Eddie.......Not hitting the ice today, I have snow clean up to do. How much did you get so far?  ???
                       Bud......It use to irk me when someone would call off and I had to do double the work. I hope you get your time off. ::)
                       Wally......Yeah it's getting a little tiresome, all the snow and I saw on the weather last night there could be another one
              coming on Monday. :%$#!:
                       H2L........I'm glad you had a uneventful trip. :clap:
                       Steve......That was an interesting read on Daylight saving time. I think we shouldn't do it anymore. :cookoo:
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or at play.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11960 on: Mar 14, 2018, 05:12 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

26 heading to 45 by the afternoon.

Eddie I hope you get some good news on your truck soon, be nice if you at least found out what needs to be done.

IW Good luck with the snow clean up, hope you can get back on the ice soon :thumbsup:

WW the news this morning is talking about the 4th storm storm heading your way :cookoo: What brand of shovel do you find works the best   ???  Hang in there  ;)2

mr.clean interesting background on daylight Saving Time. I am with IW, time to stop it.

Yesterday I ended up spending longer at the range than expected. There were 3 extra trees that were kind of nasty so I hung around to get them on the ground. This morning I feel like I aged 25 years over night, talk about stiff. Eddie your cold cocktail also works on sore muscles, I believe I am going to head up in a bit and mix one up ;)2

Yesterday my trusty o34 Stihl chainsaw took a dump on me. I will have to go to the saw shop this morning and get a few parts. The brake band came loose and cut my oiler line, took out the oiler pump and drive. I am guessing $40 will get it Zinging again.

Hope everyone has an excellent Wednesday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11961 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:06 AM »
Up early to beat the crowds to go get some groceries. We have to get that done early so the wife can make her water therapy appointment on time.

How many of you can remember the year they kept day light savings all winter long. I was dry walling at the time in houses that had no lights. It was a pain dragging portable lights around so you could read a tape measure and cut dry wall. This was before they had strap on head lamps. Trying to hold a flash light to see and mark and cut was impossible. I was cutting for two to three hangers at the time. It did not get light enough to see until after 9 am. It was impossible to get in 8 hours and make my sons JV basketball games before tip off if we started later and worked 8 hours.  I am all for doing away with daylights savings.

The meeting with the power line guy went  good yesterday. They are allowing me to keep my tower blind on the easement, like I was going to take it down any way. Nothing was mentioned about the screen of pine trees that are along the road to keep someone from shooting down the power line where I have food plots. They are scheduled to trim the easement next year so we will see if it is taken down. The trimming company have kept the screen topped so it does not endanger the lines. If they do I am looking for a high growing perennial grass that will block sight down the line. Now for the wait for the check I have coming. My son got his check already but there were no issues on his small portion on the line.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11962 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....extra hours = extra $$$$ not too shabby when you're stuck between seasons  ;)2  my spring flowers were coming up too now they're buried under a foot of snow  >:(

Eddie....driving a compact car is great spring, summer & fall  :)  not so much in winter  :(  definitely puts a different "spin" on driving  :woot:  safe travels today

H2L....glad to hear MrsH is doing so well  :clap: :thumbsup:  congrats on holding onto 1st place  :flex:

IW....lake effect in the forecast today yay  :pinch: :%$#!:  hope all MW's equipment is holding up during this whacky month  :wacko:

WS....funny (not the ha ha kind) how quickly the body forgets about certain muscles when you aren't using them everyday  :'(  hope you get the "spring" back in your step soon  :woot:  I think a "heated" shovel would be the cat's meow  :roflmao:

MrC....I heard on the news the other day that Florida is currently working to pass new legislation to stop the time change also, maybe more states will follow suit if it passes  :)

TT....good to hear your meeting went well  :)  safe travels on the road today

Another 3 or 4" of snow overnight with 3 - 6 forecast today, lake effect sneaking in along the way  >:(  I also heard what WS mentioned.....another big storm next week  :o  :pinch: :blink:  sure glad we're half way thru March  :-\  my son's area is getting hit hard again, lost power by mid day  :'( no school out there again today, that makes 8 days off SO FAR this year  :cookoo:  they just add the days on at the end of the year, guess summer vacation will be a bit shorter this year  :(

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11963 on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Good morning ER's Coffee first, temp at 32* will drag my feet for a bit, then the Mrs. is going to find a note.  "GONE Fishing"  ::)

WW the $$$$ is a long way from when I started up there, hours, being cut from 28 to 11-12 a week  :wacko:  now off till Saturday.  Radar looks like you want to find something to do inside.

Stay safe all.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11964 on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Good morning 9;45ers yesterday's storm was gentle to my area snow never stuck to roadways and most was melted off of parked vehicles by late afternoon. Daylight Saving Time was not popular among framers when first undertaken here in U.S. hence the repeal in 1919 . Also many people believe Ben Franklin stated DST he only suggest changing clocks after being awoken by brilliant sunshine in Paris while serving as an envoy to France.
Something you may want to keep a watch for here in NY. next few mornings is Northern Lights there is a strong solar flare going on currently that is making the Northen Lights visible in upstate and Southern tier portions of the state.
Lingcod welcome to the thread.
Hunts2long glad you had a long but safe trip.Great to hear your wife is getting off some of her medications.
Raquettedacker safe journey home for your son.
Eddie hope your mechanic gets chance to look at your truck before week is finished.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear about chain saw problems.
Ice Wanderer good thing you only had shoulder manipulation you would be stuck waiting for your sons to do snow removal
Tom Turkey nice to read things went well with power company.
Wallyworld appears the Ides Of March are causing havoc in your area.
IFF enjoy the March Madness tournament .

Have a good day.
Steve

Have a good day everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11965 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:19 PM »
Good Afternoon.  Yippie, made it out on the soft water.  Air temp felt like it might have hit 70.  Almost forgot to snap a picture of the walleyes.  I know I suck at taking pictrue's with my phone.  Did a little trolling, had a total of 3 to the boat.  only one keeper size.  Which was more than half the boats out got.  The short ones looked to be nice and healthy.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11966 on: Mar 15, 2018, 04:50 AM »
              Good morning ER's,
                      It's 25* and calm here on my hill, the weather cat is out patrolling for mice! :woot:
                      Bud........I'm glad you made it out and the Johnson Bros. worked for you, nice fish. :clap: :thumbsup: :flex:
                      Steve......It's too cloudy here to see the Northern lights, I've seen them before and they are an amazing site! ;D
                      WS/Wally......When it comes to snow shovels I like this kind. They make lifting so much easier on my back. :thumbsup:
              But next year I'm going to pick up a small light weight snow blower to do my walkway and deck.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing either on the ice or soft water.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11967 on: Mar 15, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Bud Congratulations, nice eye  :clap:

Good looking weapon IW :thumbsup: I have a small thrower for the slab that has been a good move. I still need a scraper for the finale, but by then it's manageable.

WW hope cleanup goes (went) well. I was trying to find a heated handle scraper for you, but all I saw was heated blade scarpers ??? I think they are missing a good sized part of the market ;D

Eddie hope the week is going well Sir :thumbsup: Any word on the truck?

I talked to my sister last night, they say the surgery for the knee replacement went well. She was pretty much out of it so we didn't talk longl. My wife and I are going to take a ride up there tonight and see her. Thanks for the well wishes!

I checked out a couple of my side jobs yesterday and it will still be a while before I can get to them. The snow has settled but it turned into a large ice cap that will support about 90% of your weight before you break through and stink past your knees :%$#!: I did get my saw back in shape for $25 :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a great Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11968 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning. 29 and cloudy.

Yesterday I tried to blow some of the "slop" out of my driveway before it froze. Spent most of my time unplugging the  snow blower and my back feels like it.

IFF, glad you got out on the water.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11969 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:25 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......congrats on the eye  :thumbsup:  70*   ??? :o :blink:  oh how nice that would be  @)

IW.....that's my shovel of choice also except mine's blue  ;)2

WS.....glad to hear the saw repair didn't hit the wallet too bad  :clap:  breaking thru that ice crust can be quite jarring to say the least  :pinch:  think we all could use some of IFF's warm temps & sunshine  :woot:  good news on your sister's surgery  :thumbsup:

Eddie......early mornings catching up to you or did the gremlins pay a visit  ???

Raquette.....hope your son made it home safely  ;) 

H2L.....the snow has been brutally heavy  >:(  good thing we're getting a couple days to rest up before the next round

Guess the snow is done for a little while  :clap:  now we're going to have the pleasure of some mid January temps for a few days  :%$#!:  Where the heck was all this last month before the ice took a beating  ??? :wacko:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.