New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Cigarette Butts on the Ice  (Read 4984 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Cigarette Butts on the Ice
« Reply #60 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:22 PM »
A smoker on the ice cost me $250 recently.

As I watched a smoker take his last loooong drag on his smoke, I had to see what would come of the butt. Sure enough it was rolled up in his fingers and thrown in a guarded direction onto the ice. So I marched over and politely asked him to please pick up his trash as the ice is not his ash tray. I sensed his discomfort but he complied.

Very shortly after his fishing partner walked straight over to me (certain to defend his buddy's action) and began friendly chatter. He shared info, technique, and the best thing of all - the features of his Vexilar.

You guessed it, I had to go get a Vex too, $250.

But as for trash, I hate it. I don't understand a littering mentality at all - and I don't understand not returning a shopping cart to the corral either.

wow  great story  ....you help show  someone  the  right way  met new  friends  and   bought  more  fishing  equipment  ^5 .....

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:25 PM »
U people that want to call over a cig butt got to get a life...... Get over it . Be a good dam man and say something ....... And your kids got alot coming for them if they can't handle ice shanty.

number  one   trashis  trash  and it shouldn't be tolerated  ......you  bring it in you take it out  ......number  2  you shouldn't  be  talking  about other  peoples  children  and  number  3  why should innocent kids  have  to take  anything  ?,can't you talk  without  being  dirty?

maybe  you don't mind  seeing trash on the ice ,we do

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:35 PM »
My liitle guy can handle ice shanty with no problem...i cant handle him reading words he shouldnt be...because some ppl cant talk without a swear word....😬😬

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND A FISH AIN'T ONE
« Reply #63 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:39 PM »
I didn't say anything about anybody's kids ..... If your uneducated self can read . All I said was if your kids can't read what's on ice shanty then they got alot coming ......  Now what's on here that your kids can't see??????? ??? ??? How do u feel now cuz your fingers like to type before u think bub

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:45 PM »
yeah  we are  really bad  people  because we ask people to not be  pigs and  pick up after themselves  and  when we  come  across  trash   we  simply pick it up  to  keep the   lake  and  land that we  love  clean .....yeah  were bad  people  because  we   told  like  people  that  swear and  talk  dirty in  front of  woman  and  children ..... so  billy how  exactly  does  being  clean  and  acting like  a  gentleman  make  me a  bad  person ?

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:53 PM »
 I said u are a bad person????? now when did I say that ????? U got something to say ???

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:05 PM »
put me  in my  place   :roflmao:......first it  wasn't you that started  the  swearing but  you  decided  to  jump in  .....however  you  did mention other peoples  children   and   again  do you realize  your   fighting  with  me  because  I  don't  talk  dirty and  I like  the  ice  and   outdoors  clean ???? and  your  saying  cigarette  buts  on the  ice is no big thing

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #67 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:15 PM »
billy you can't even insult me and leave your insult up because you can't  not swear ...... I'm not insulting you  my stance doesn't change  if I see someone  littering I ask them to clean it up if they don't I use the speed dial   if I walk across trash I pick it up ...... I don't use profanity around children and  ladies .....that's who I am

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:19 PM »
Might wanna keep your women and children out of ear shot when I miss a flag!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #69 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:25 PM »
gone  what you  do is on you ,I said  I  don't  talk dirty around  children or  ladies ......

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:26 PM »
I'm not insulting I'm just saying I never said anything bad about someone's kid just to let u know 

And if u think so u can kiss it k cuz I don't . It's ice shanty with grown men not boys. Some words will get by or just left up so u as a PARENT watch what your kid is on .. not my problem.
  U ever been off the ice ?? In the malls, walking around the neighborhood u see hear lots of stuff from bad words to garbage on the ground . Can't fix trash man . It is what it is sad to say.
  Who said I can't jump in . It's just a cig butt like I said worse thing to worry about then picking up someones cig .
  Must be nice to be old???

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:27 PM »
Ya probably should get rid of the TV, too.

I hear some stuff on there that surprises even my open minded self.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Lol I like how billy goat just called himself trash.... +1 for trapper

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:33 PM »
I'm not insulting I'm just saying I never said anything bad about someone's kid just to let u know 

And if u think so u can kiss it k cuz I don't . It's ice shanty with grown men not boys. Some words will get by or just left up so u as a PARENT watch what your kid is on .. not my problem.
  U ever been off the ice ?? In the malls, walking around the neighborhood u see hear lots of stuff from bad words to garbage on the ground . Can't fix trash man . It is what it is sad to say.
  Who said I can't jump in . It's just a cig butt like I said worse thing to worry about then picking up someones cig .
  Must be nice to be old???

billy your not in a mall  your not walking around in your neighborhood your  on a  private  web  sit  with  advertisors and  it is a  FAMILY ORINTATED SITE  ....I am  glad  you  did  remove  your  one  post before  you  got  the thread locked or  got removed ....and  grown men   know  how to  act  around   children and ladies   billy  you know  the way you want grown men to act  around  your  mom .... it's simple  respect  and  not  just  for  kids and  woman  but  for yourself

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:43 PM »
Must be drunk to buddy don't get out much. Lol

With the noice weather took a walk and now with the piles gone trash is all over .  Some kids swearing up a storm while running around..  it's unreal.  I hear u  but to pick up cig butts nope. I did it so I didn't get booted . Cuz that's how it works around here or it would still be there.

Like I said I never said anything about anyone's kid.   

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:47 PM »
I love how your classmate chimed in !!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:48 PM »
And your kids got alot coming for them if they can't handle ice shanty.

using a child  if a disagreement  is in poor taste to say the least ,did you mean i'll probably not

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:50 PM »
If they can't handle ICE SHANTY.  Read buddy not what u want to ok

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Just stop

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #79 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:52 PM »
again i have no need to call names or insults billy  ,do you even know  why your  going on  and  on ...is  it  because  i pick up trash? or that i  tell people  to be  responciable and  clean up or  because i will report a  person for  litter  or  is  it because  I'm a  gentleman and i  don't swear around  children and   woman?  what  exactly is it  that  bothers you  billy?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 22, 2018, 11:10 PM »
Out of control im tellin ya

Offline beershanty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There'll be no quitters til we bag some critters!!
« Reply #81 on: Feb 23, 2018, 04:43 AM »
the school bus is way worse than iceshanty let me tell ya LOL!!!  I learned all my cool words from the older kids on the bus and it was also where I felt up my 1st ever breast/boob/knocker HA!!! It was awesome, but I do clean up trash everytime I go fishing and I dont get frustrated about it anymore, I just pick it up. I can do without the police contact so you wont see me reaching for the phone but I will clean up wherever I am fishing as I feel we all should. I havent smoked in 13 yrs but when i did my wife hated doing my laundry cuz I had butts fallin out of my pockets but they very rarley mde it to the ground and never onto the ice. My old boss (r.i.p. willy) would flip out on ya for leaving them in homeowners lawns so I got into the habit of filling my pockets until they went to $5.50 a pack, that and the birth of my son was enough to call it quits.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:04 AM »
I'm not mad trapper. U just can't read the whole thing that's all can't fix stupid.   Cig butts don't bother me to much other bigger things to worry about. Best part is I don't even smoke . Keep picking up cig butt loser.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.