Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1617746 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12780 on: Jun 28, 2018, 05:03 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 61* and misting out on my hill this morning, we had .75" of rain yesterday.  :woot:
                            Eddie.........How good is your job, to get the farmers market and good music and you get to see all the new fashions to boot. :clap:
                            Wally.........You really know how to hurt a guy with all that baking, it looks so good that I have a hard time not wanting some of those
                   treats. lol :roflmao: I hope you have a good trip to Mass. :thumbsup:
                            Tom........I hope the meeting with your cousin went well. :clap:
                            OG.........Those twisters can cause a lot of damage, I'm glad to read they were on the mild side. ::)
                            Marv.......Good luck fishing the new lake, do you have any info on it! ???
                            H2L.........Good job fishing the other day. :thumbsup:
                            Back to therapy this morning and an appointment tomorrow with the orthopedic to see what's next!
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12781 on: Jun 28, 2018, 06:27 AM »
63 and light rain. Not much planned for today.
WW, have a safe trip to Mass. Will be a busy weekend on the roads.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12782 on: Jun 28, 2018, 06:29 AM »
The trip to town was not to bad even though there was a lot of heavy rain to contend with at times. I thought we might be late but we got there with 2 minutes to spare.  The bone density test was done at the Betty Ford Breast Clinic. It is at a smaller hospital that has a more relaxed atmosphere.

The visit with her cousin went well as usual. The wife's sister was a no show. That did not make me sad as I have had some issues with her over the years. He cousins wife has also had gastric surgery done. The wife has been there to support her with any issues.

Hopefully I can find out what is going on in my back today at my appointment today. I am sure they are going to think I am going to have more injections in my back. That is not going to happen.

They announced the replacement for the wife in an email to the assn. last night. They were a little hasty in doing that as the wife talked to her replacement last night. The woman did not get told what all it entailed so she is not going to take the job.  Good luck to the board finding some one as a replacement.  ;D

When my son was in Copper Harbor in the UP last weekend his buddy went to the harbor and caught a decent lake trout that was grilled shortly after. He said it was great eating fresh fish

WW Please do not post pictures of your baked goods.  I do not need to be drolling on my key board.

eddie It is amazing what some of the fiddle players can do. We used to got to dulcimer festival every year. One year a guy that had not been there for years, do to cancer issues showed up, playing his dulcimer.  When a woman asked about his history, at a jam session after the main show, as she had not seen him before. He used to play with the group that was jamming. I knew he also played the fiddle so I got the fiddle player to give him his fiddle. He played one song. I told him to switch hands as I knew he could play the fiddle with both hands. The crowd was shocked when he played it left handed.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12783 on: Jun 28, 2018, 06:42 AM »
70* already this morning, and will be heading to a record breaking high of over 100.  Need to check on the fluid in the blazer as it got hot, on the 10 mile ride home.  Then found the A/C had knocked out a breaker.  A lot of uncertainty of late with the hours, one co-worker is about not being able to make her rent with the loss of hours.  Hope she can ride out the storm. The National scene looks pretty scary,  ::) hang on folks looks like a bumpy ride coming up.  And a long hot summer.

Hope you can get the Toon in Tom.  Time to get some fishing in.

Finally some improvement in my sore hands/wrists. 

good day to all.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12784 on: Jun 28, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Afternoon all,

IFF.....glad to hear the hands are improving  :thumbsup:  hope your hours settle into a routine soon  ;)  stay cool & hydrate  ;D

TT....hope the appt today goes well & you can get some relief from the pain  :)   glad the visit went well yesterday

IW.....hope therapy wasn't too uncomfortable today and you get some answers tomorrow at the docs  ;)

Eddie....nice you get some entertainment along with the work  :clap: 

WS....hope the lake trip was successful  ;)2   sure beats working anyway right  ???  especially in the heat & humidity  :whistle:

Another strawberry rhubarb pie out of the oven today along with some brownie batter cookies  :flex:  out of respect for my "brother" TT there will be no pics  @)  I'd hate to be responsible for him shorting out his keyboard  :woot:

Have a good evening. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12785 on: Jun 29, 2018, 02:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!!   :clap:      Clear and 65* on the Hill this am, high of 85 today. Nice breeze blowing this morning, hope it sticks around all day as the temps rise.

Wally...hoping you and Mr.WW have a safe trip to Mass this morning and a wonderful time with the family! Probably a good decision not posting pictures of those treats, might have shorted out a few computers along with Tom's!   ;D Strawberry rhubarb pie and brownie batter cookies....cripes, now I'm droolong myself! Have a great time!
  Bud...did it break a 100* out there yesterday, crazy hot weather! Glad your hands and wrists are feeling better, awesome!  :clap:  Best wishes to your coworker, seems to be too much of that stuff going on all over.   :thumbsup:
  Tom..sounds like the association is getting a taste of their own medicine....and karma.  :nono:    That had to be quite a sight watching that fiddle player switch hands playing, what a talented musician!  :clap: :bow:
  H2...going to be a busy weekend on the lake, especially with all the heat coming.
  Jeff..hope the therapy went well for you yesterday and today's appointment goes well also. No complaints about the job and it's surroundings...especia lly the summer fashions, they've been marvelous!!   :roflmao: :clap:    How's your garden coming along?

Our inside work yesterday was demolition, taking down block walls in a vacated room to turn it into a very large lunch room for a few departments. Wasn't too bad, although their was a lot of electrical to deal with and little air circulation made it hot and dusty.
   Back on the marble this am, we'll have the area we've been working on complete today and ready for the 4th of July crowds....they're expecting over 20,000 for the event.
  Time to get ready for the last shift....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12786 on: Jun 29, 2018, 03:28 AM »

It's 62* and clear here on my hill with warmer weather moving in for the weekend. ::)
                           Eddie.......I knew you guys would get the marble done before the 4Th. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: My wife's garden is doing OK the warm
                   weather coming should help a lot! :flex:
                          Tom.......I bet the Assoc. will appreciate what you wife did for them when they can't get anyone to do it! :o
                          Bud.......I'm glad that your hands feel better. :thumbsup:
                          Wally.....Safe trip today, how the baking go? ???
                          Marv.....How did you do on the new lake?
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12787 on: Jun 29, 2018, 05:02 AM »
Morning all,

Hope everyone has a great weekend whatever your plans  :thumbsup:  Be sure to keep hydrated and stay safe  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12788 on: Jun 29, 2018, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Firecracker hot here today :cookoo: The temps are only going to make the mid 90's, but the dew points are in the mid 70's giving the heat index close to 110 or so.

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good wrap to the week :thumbsup:

IW your cat would stay in the basement if it was here. They are preaching high winds with gusts to 30mph + Heck I might stay in the basement Lol.

WW safe travels to you and the Mr! Hope the cookies make the trip ;D

Yesterdays lake was all weed choked. They had taken a weed cutter in so the whole surface was littered with weeds, grass, and someones hat :woot: I was going to head back to the local musky haunt but with the high winds I am taking a ride to the bait pile this morning.

Have a great day no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: As always stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12789 on: Jun 29, 2018, 05:43 AM »
61* foggy and heading for HOT.
Watched the weather maps yesterday. At 2pm they showed all the rain had passed so got out on the lake. About 4:30 I could see the rain to the North. Moved to the South but it caught up to me. It poured for about 45 minutes. What fish that were hitting before the rain, shut off. Ended up with 6 walleyes, 1 perch, 2 rock bass (after the rain) and a SMB.

I was going to clean up the boat this weekend. Will only have to do the outside now, the inside got a good wash down yesterday.

I am a big fan of "bluegrass". There is a guy up the road that has some pretty good sessions at his house. There are some good pickers in the area.

Have a good day and stay cool....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12790 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:00 AM »
This board got what they deserved yesterday. The wife told them to stuff it and is done with every thing. Let them sink or swim. I  hope they have scuba gear as they  are going to need it. They are never going to get any one to do what she has done. I  cannot wait until the annual meeting so I can ask some questions they are not going to like. I have been working on a list of pointed questions I am going to ask. I will not be putting the toon in until after this weekend as the launch is going to be a zoo. It will stay tied to the dock until the week of the 4th is over as it will be too dangerous to be on the water.

WS There is a thread on another site showing a bunch of huge muskies caught on the eastside of the state. I have to figure out how to send it to you or post it here. My ability to copy and pasted has gone away on my computer. Pm me an email and maybe I can sent it to you.

ww Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Thanks for not posting pictures of your baking. I need a new key board but not by having it short out. I am in need of a recipe for a rhubarb custard pie if you have one. My mother made me one all of the time but I did not get the recipe for it as she was there to make me one when I wanted one. I think that my sister in law has it but when I ask about a recipe she gets nasty about any recipe I ask about. My brother was gone until after our mother died so they had the recipes. I have little to do with them any more.

Eddie The dulcimer festival was always great. The dulcimir player that was the leader of the group the guy was jammiing with is a fantastic dulcimer player. He can play in the dark with out having to see the strings. One night the two of them were on stage playing a guitar and a banjo if I remember right. One was sitting on the others lap. They were playing with a hand on each others instrument if you get the gist. The crowd went wild.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12791 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:55 AM »
Eddie, want to trade ? heard on the local 105*
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12792 on: Jun 30, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Morning all,

Made it out here to MA ok, traffic wasn’t too terrible 😏 We decided last minute to ride out on the bike. Just a little over 300 miles about 6 hours with a couple rest stops. Hope the ride home goes as well 😉

Hope everyone has a great weekend, stay cool the best you can and stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12793 on: Jun 30, 2018, 05:41 AM »
WW, at least on the ride home you won't be hanging onto that rhubarb pie...Be Safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12794 on: Jun 30, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Good point H2L 😎

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12795 on: Jun 30, 2018, 05:57 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                             It's 65* and hazy here on my hill, a hot and humid day is forecast for the day! ::)
                             Wally..........That's a nice ride on the bike, I'm glad you made it safely. Your family must live in the eastern part of Mass? ???
                             Marv...........That's too bad that the lake was weed choked, I guess with the hot weather caused it to get so weed infested. :whistle:
                             Tom............I bet your wife will like seeing the Assoc. backtrack when you ask those questions.
                             Eddie..........What's on your agenda today? ???
                             My Dr. appointment went so so, the Dr. said he's confused to why my shoulder is in such pain. He gave 2 shots of cortisone with a high test
                    numbing med, one in the top of my shoulder and the other between the rotatercuff  and the bone. I don't have any pain now. But he wants to see
                    how long it last. Also I will be done with OT after my next two sessions. ??? :blink: :thumbsup:
                            My wife has decided to have our neighbors over for a BBQ this evening, the husband made it for a little while for Fathers Day, the wife had to
                    work, so my wife thought it would be nice to have them on the night she doesn't work. :thumbsup: 
                            I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12796 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Computer has been freezing up again this am....
  Nice light breeze blowing this am, it's 70* and the guessers say it will hit low 90's here today. Day 1 of the heat wave coming here in Upstate NY has arrived.

Bud...wow, 105*, " scorching hot " comes to mind...not for me!! I remember hearing of temperatures like that out on the Eastern plains of Colorado and south towards New Mexico...hope the AC is working ok.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...congrats to your wife letting the association handle their own mess!  :clap:   
  H2...nice job on the fishing again!  :thumbsup:  Imagine early morning trips might be the way to go now with the heat and boat traffic now? Best of luck if you're out fishing this am.
  Marv...that's to bad the new lake was a mess with the weeds, dang! Some nasty hot/humid weather out your way, tough to do much of anything outside with those conditions. Any new comers to the bait pile?
  Wally...glad the bike ride to Mass went well for you and Mr.WW yesterday, that's a nice ride on the bike for sure! :thumbsup:  Have a great time!
  Jeff...management was happy we finished up ahead of schedule. Things will be super busy come Monday with setting up for the fireworks etc..   Great news on your OT, hope they can figure out what's going with your shoulder pain! Enjoy the BBQ this evening...stay hydrated!   :thumbsup:

Have a graduation party to go to today, starts at 4pm...heat of the day, oooff!
  Was driving into work yesterday morning a rural back road and standing out in the middle of the road is a doe and her baby fawn. Had plenty of time to slow down and come to stop. The fawn didn't know what to do, it kept circling the doe, and she just stood there looking at my headlights, lol. I tooted the horn after a few seconds and she slowly walked off the blacktop with the fawn right beside her. Put a smile on my face seeing that, sometimes little things like that stay with you and make for a good day... :thumbsup:
  Lawn mowing will start in 10 minutes, then a trip to the transfer station before the temps rise...cawfee's on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12797 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:21 AM »
IW....they are about 15 miles or so outside of Boston.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12798 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:26 AM »
60 degrees this morning.
Yesterday I opened all the compartments of the boat so it could dry out. Couldn't believe how little gas I was using so took the gas cap off. The plastic tab that holds it to the tank had become tangled with the gas float. I must have come in on fumes the other night. That won't happen again.

Eddie, I won't even bother with fishing in the AM. The launch would be a ZOO by mid-morning. When I kept my boat at Herb's dock I would take it out of the water over the 4th, clean it up and wait for the rush to be over. I do have to replace some line on a couple spools.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12799 on: Jun 30, 2018, 09:15 AM »
This nasty heat can go away any time. My car said 95* when I left the city and 90* when I got home yesterday. I do not think it got far into the 70's last night. Already 84* at 10am today. The lawn could stand a mowing but it not going to happen in this heat.

The wife took a lot more stress out of her life last night. She and a friend ran a fall bazaar for the local VFW post last year raising over $1,000. The post commander wants to run it his way this year so she told him she will not have any thing to do with it. The lack of all the stress shows in how she is feeling.

I start therapy on my shoulder this Monday. Luckily we have a great place to go that is only a few miles from home. I have spent quite a bit of time there over the years for this or that problem. The couple that own it are immigrants from India that worked hard to become US citizens. They are a great asset to the community.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12800 on: Jun 30, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Good Prit' near mid afternoon Everyone :bow:

Mr Muggy has burrowed his hooks in and I don't like it. Today isn't supposed to be as oppressive as yesterday, however the birds are still using potholders to pull the worms out of the ground :woot:

TT I sure hope the shoulder therapy brings some relief  :thumbsup:

WW 300 miles is a good ride :thumbsup: Did you stop in between or was it straight through? I hope you find the traffic tolerable for the return trip.

Eddie hope the lawn mowing went well and you stayed hydrated ;D. Hope you can find some shade at the graduation party. I will post a couple of links to the bear baiting. Finally a strange bear has moved in, a legal one. I am guessing as breeding season gets going full throttle, that a few more boars will be visiting the area.
yesterday the s-i-l and I went to the baiting store and I bought 100 pounds of circus peanuts. I bet the little guys will be in their glory eating those.

IW have a good time at the BB. How did cleaning out the basement go ???

Hope you all have an excellent day! Seek some shade and don't forget the lemonade for those battling the heat. As always stay safe!

WS

MjKUg

MjKUg

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12801 on: Jun 30, 2018, 05:01 PM »
Great videos WS.....
TomT sure looks like things are busy in Ottawa Beach...   Use to spend a lot of time out there fishing ...
https://www.spyglasshill.com/Webcam/LiveStream.htm 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12802 on: Jun 30, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, I hope everyone is staying cool. Tom Turkey hope physical therapy helps your shoulder. Having internet issues. Not working. Back wouldn’t tolerate it and my shoulder injury I had last year came back to haunt us with that came a very bad headache that the doctors don’t understand. My poor wife is somehow managing to keep everything in the air. I hope everyone had a great day and managed to stay cool.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12803 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Raq I had to google up where Ottawa beach was as I had never heard of it. I thought it was probably the channel coming out of Lake Macatawa. I never got much west of down town Holland. if you get very far from the big lake the temps soar up pretty fast. The only time I really was in Holland was when the Prins gun shop was open many years ago. It was neat to see the old mounts that the founder of the gun shop shot while he hunted with Teddy Roosevelt.

I do not miss living near the Silver Lake Zoo aka Sand Dunes with all of the idiots that come there. I lived to far away from the big lake to get any of the cooling from it in the heat of the summer. The lake kept us from getting so cold in the winter, which was nice.

I wanted to walk down and meet up with the guys that do the fireworks show at our lake while they were loading up to go to the island where they launch them from. To dang hot to make the walk. Maybe I can stand to make the walk when they are done. I became friends with the head guy over the years we worked the launch. I wonder if the big wheels of the assn. remembered to bring the assn. owned pontoon to the launch that they use to transport their stuff to the island.

IF-45 I hope the therapy helps but who knows. I know that the therapists know what they are doing so I hope so. If not just another thing I will have to deal with.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12804 on: Jul 01, 2018, 04:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  It's 75* here on the Hill this am, high of 95 expected today. The humidity is rising and dew points will be in the mid 70's today, Florida style weather....yuck!

I-45...sorry to read about the back and shoulder problems returning, dang! Hope the Dr.'s can get that headache issue figured out soon. Best wishes sent your way Sir, get well soon.... :thumbsup:
  Dom...can't imagine working in the greenhouse or the mum field with this weather. Hope the fishing has been good for you!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the video's, awesome!   :clap:  It's funny how they go right for the camera. Hope the peanuts do the trick for you, looking forward to the bait pile adventures, good stuff!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad all the stress is off your wife now, must be a big weight off her shoulders...and yours!  Best wishes with the therapy tomorrow!    :thumbsup:
  H2...good catch on the fuel gauge, that could have been a real PITA running out, wow!  :thumbsup: 
  Jeff...hope the BBQ went well for you yesterday!   :thumbsup:    My garden seemed to perk up with the hot weather yesterday also.
  Wally..how did the grandchildren like Grandma's treats?   ;D. Hope you're having a great time!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...hope everything is going ok for you Sir!   :thumbsup:

Had a nice time at the graduation party yesterday, it was for a nieces daughter graduating high school. They had a big tent sent up with large fans going, made it bearable... ;D
  I ran the bagger on my tractor yesterday and started a big compost pile with all the cuttings...haven't tried that before but figured it was worth a try. Going to use some pallets I have laying around to build a bin before the broiler kicks on this morning.
  Cawfee's on...

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12805 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Morning all,

Another hot sticky day on tap😖 thank goodness for a/c 👍🏻

We’re doing breakfast at the beach this morning then heading back home around noon. Hoping to find I90 pretty quiet today, seems most people should already be where they want to be for vacations .

Have a good day whatever it brings. Stay hydrated and stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12806 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:11 AM »
68* this morning.
WS, thanks for sharing the "bears".
Eddie, the 12 gallon tank on the boat took 11.6. I was indeed lucky. That won't happen again.
Yesterday the launch was FULL before 11am and they were still waiting to get in. One if the problems is, people driving their car up to meet someone then parking ONE car where a car and trailer could go. Another issue are the ones that stay all weekend on the lake. They should be launching at the campsite..

Today is the TWO YEAR anniversary of my wife's transplant. A very special THANK YOU to Thomas. What good this young man did in 21 years would put us all to shame.

Have a good day and stay cool....h2l

WW, Have a safe trip.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12807 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:21 AM »
H2L...congrats on the anniversary 👏🏻

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12808 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:26 AM »

It's 75* with a humidity of 86% like Eddie said it's Florida weather and I was down there a year ago on this date and it sucked! ::)
                                 Eddie.........It's a good thing they were prepared for the weather, just moving air can make a big difference. :thumbsup:
                                 Wally..........When I worked I did a lot of jobs in the Boston area, I probably worked in your families town? ???
                                 H2L............You were lucky to catch the stuck fuel gauge, When things seem too good like good fuel consumption then it a good
                         time to check it out! :woot:
                                 Marv...........Great videos, the 2nd one looks to be a boar, that might be your shooter bear! :clap:
                                 Bud............You can keep 105* out there please. :roflmao:
                                 The BBQ was a good time with the neighbors, my wife and the neighbors wife really click but don't get to see each other that often
                         because as I said the neighbors wife work nights so she misses out on a lot of stuff. But she retires in 8 months. :clap: :thumbsup:
                                 Not much going on here today, a trip to the transfer station as well and that's it.
                                 I hope everyone has a good July 1st either at work or getting away from the heat!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12809 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:30 AM »
IW...Duxbury

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.