Author Topic: Highway 13 Area Ponds  (Read 1868 times)

Offline hoopers1992

• IceShanty Rookie
Highway 13 Area Ponds
« on: Dec 18, 2020, 09:14 AM »
Hi all,

I originally had a trip planned this weekend to fish a couple of trout ponds open to ice fishing in the Forest Highway 13 area South of Munising. However, I changed plans when I heard there was only skim ice on a lot of lakes in that area. Now I'm looking at going the weekend after New Years and I'd love any reports from the area, especially for small lakes and ponds. Thanks!
"And, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant – and not nearly so much fun."
-John Voelker, 'Testament of a Fisherman'

Offline Hemy1201

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Highway 13 Area Ponds
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2020, 08:11 AM »
Heading up on Wednesday for the long weekend. Will give an update. We are hoping to fish Au Train lake on Thursday.

Offline Hemy1201

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2020, 09:44 AM »
about 2 inches is present on Perch Lake just off shore, but its raining pretty steady here today.  Single digit temps are predicted the next few days. I would expect good ice by this weekend. I am planning to fish Au Train Lake on Friday. There was about 4-5 inches on parts of the lake this morning.

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2020, 12:05 PM »
Good luck - looking forward to the report. 

Hoping to head that way in a few weeks

Offline Hemy1201

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2020, 06:33 PM »
Fished yesterday on au train and had some success. Ice was 4-5 inches thick. Not all of the lake is accessible yet, just the shallow bays. Lots of snow over the last few days made it pretty slushy on top.

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2020, 10:23 AM »
thanks for the update.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.