Author Topic: Genes pond or Grover land mine ponds?  (Read 1142 times)

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
Genes pond or Grover land mine ponds?
« on: Dec 18, 2020, 12:12 AM »
Anyone have a word on the ice conditions on the Groverland mine ponds and genes pond? Also any fishable ice around Norway/iron mountain and also gwinn? Going out Saturday.
Yooper!

In daa beginning der was nuttin.. Den on da first day god created da U.P. On da second day he created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da duck. On da turd day he said let der be Yoopers to roam da U.P eh. On da forth day he created da udder world below!!

Offline wrightap5x3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Genes pond or Grover land mine ponds?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2020, 04:19 PM »
What did you find?  Me and a group of Indiana will be up the first of February.  We have tried to get on the mine ponds a few times but cant ever make it with trucks.  Looks like the weather has been great for building ice!  Thanks for the reply.

Offline bigbear32

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Genes pond or Grover land mine ponds?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Right now I am finding anywhere from 8"-12" of ice on inland lakes in the Dickinson and Iron county areas. Very little snow as of right now, so getting into any of these lakes and around on them has been pretty easy. If your venturing out on rivers in the area, use caution and be sure to check ice as it varies when you get into areas with heavier currents. A UTV just went thru on Saturday on Upper Peavy, so make sure to use caution no matter where you are, no such thing as safe ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.