New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Chaumont bay and 3 mile  (Read 15217 times)

Offline Joe Butler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Chaumont bay and 3 mile
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2014, 03:57 PM »
3 to 5 inches of snow on Chaumont Bay, ice 14 to 16 inches thick

Offline gut-n-gill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2014, 03:33 PM »
is there any good fishing near the chaumont boat launch say within 1 mile or less

luv2fish2

« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2014, 04:52 AM »
Fished friday and sat friday was great lotta perch avg size with some 12- 13"  ice was 16" probably 6 vehicles drove out sat rain kinda shut things off still got fish just less action lots of water on the ice 6" in spots to the guy that told me use eyes thanks def helped when it slowed oh yeah stopped at hardware store highly recommend the place greg is a plethora of info with great bait

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:11 AM »
I was out yesterday and it was really windy witch sucked. But got a few 14 inchers and a bunch over 8 inches left the ice with 20

Offline ESKIMOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:28 AM »
i ll be heading up sat.thanks for hardware info.....

Offline iceice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:59 AM »
Looking for accommodations for a long weekend of perch fishing.Thanks guys for any info!!!

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:05 AM »
Duck away motel and limerick are with in 5 miles of the boat launch. allens budget motel is in calcium and a bit of a drive but they are decent on price

Offline ESKIMOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 17, 2014, 05:02 AM »
whats the best way to walk out to johnson shoals......heading up in a.m going to hardware store for bait..t.y

Offline The Lunker God

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:41 AM »
looking to go up to Chaumont either this weekend or next weekend. I've heard the bite has been hot!!! Its a great place to fish. Just the walk to find what you want sucks! Unless you got a wheeler or sled! :D

Offline mdm25549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Went out on chaumont on Tuesday. It was a long day moving around different holes out on Johnson shoal. Wound up keeping 40 between two of us. A few real nice ones but a lot of sorting through small perch to get to them. Beautiful day out though. Plenty of ice

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Went out on the bay Tuesday for a while.... Got some nice perch and my first Chaumont Walleye!!! Nice fish 24.75" just under 8lbs.... I'm a believer now!!! I had heard about the size of the eyes in there but never found out first hand..... man the width of this fish!!!  :o

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:10 PM »
Great pic.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline ESOXAC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 17, 2014, 11:15 PM »
Some Hog eyes on the bay for sure...... Great photo.

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Went to chaumont yesterday with another member from the site and after all day in the ice came back to find his atv ramps were stole as well as some one else's ramps. If any one in the chaumont area comes across someone trying to sell tri fold aluminum atv ramps inquire about them. As for fishing 20 or so 8 to 10 inch perch. Took my niece for her fist time she had a great time.

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2014, 08:46 AM »
I believe in karma so I hope the person(s)  who took em get what they deserve. Now on a flip note we were out about a good 2 miles from the boat launch. We had packed up and were heading in when I saw a guy walking pulling his sled. So I stopped and gave him a ride. Ive done that walk before and know it sucks.

Offline travis.kling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 18, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Yeah I was one of the poor saps that got his ramps stole. I figured good karma and all since we gave a guy and his wife a ride out when we got there. I'm gonna go and get new ramps today and a lock and cable to secure them in the bed of my truck. I would drive over them but I think my 5500 lb diesel will destroy them if I drive on them to keep the. from getting stole

Offline harrops26

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Fished Chaumont today. Looked like there were several hundred people out there. Very slow day for us but did manage this nice pickerel. 27" 4.5lbs.

Ranger School 03
OIF 06-07
OEF 09-10
ESF 13
Carpenters Local 277

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #47 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Im looking to come up for the first time on ice and I see by back posts long point is a good place to start since we are walkers.  Am I on the right track? or should I be going in somewhere else. Thanks!

Offline Joe Butler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 19, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Yes $ign,  It is a good place to start.  I am a walker and fish there often.  I fished there today,  was a slow bite, the wheather was really nasty with wind and horizontal snow.  I did pull 3/4 of a 5 gal bucket of large perch yesterday.  Ice is from 10 to 14 inches.  After today there will be some drifted snow on the ice.  Good luck,  see you out there!

Offline CBR_ME_ASAP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Is the walleye and perch bite still on or has it slowed down?

Offline fishman79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Can I catch another one daddy?"
« Reply #50 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:52 PM »
mostly depends on the day, it can be hot one day and dead the next.  I wouldn't bet on this week though with the high presure system, ok by the weekend.

Offline nitro01127

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 22, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Is there much snow on the ice ?

Offline fishman79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Can I catch another one daddy?"
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2014, 03:14 PM »
yesterday there were spots with no snow, and spots with 1 ft hard packed drifts.

Offline TMBWarriors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • walleye
« Reply #53 on: Jan 22, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Went to chaumont yesterday with another member from the site and after all day in the ice came back to find his atv ramps were stole as well as some one else's ramps. If any one in the chaumont area comes across someone trying to sell tri fold aluminum atv ramps inquire about them. As for fishing 20 or so 8 to 10 inch perch. Took my niece for her fist time she had a great time.

That really suuccckkksss about the ramps, I have and will continue to park on top of my ramps. A great friend from Saginaw Bay showed me that little trick.

Offline raysyncar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 22, 2014, 09:38 PM »
There's a special place in hell for people who steal from anyone much less somebody just trying to enjoy one of life's few remaining natural pleasures. My the thieves be blessed with rickets and the gout. :(

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 2014, 05:53 AM »
Im heading out to chaumont this weekend. Ice is good havent decided if i want to take the truck out or not. Got a friend coming up from down state so im hoping the bite is good, If any one else is going to be out there let me know and we could meet up  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline 870comp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:04 AM »
There was a truck and a jeep out on the ice Wednesday when I drove through Chaumont

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 24, 2014, 07:00 AM »
Nice I might save my self packing the quad and trailer and just toss it all in the truck :)

Offline BOCHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 24, 2014, 02:15 PM »
Sorry about your ramps - probably the same type that steals treestands as well. It will catch up to them low life crooks!!! Love Chaumont Bay - good luck on the ice - I can't get there until walleye opens in the spring and already can't wait!!! That bay is awesome!!!

Offline Canam800

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 30, 2014, 01:15 AM »
Was wondering if anyone could give me a report on the snow amount that is on the ice. Planning on going fishing on Friday if there is not to much snow to get my wheeler out on the ice. Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.