Author Topic: biggest burbot?  (Read 6832 times)

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
biggest burbot?
« on: Dec 17, 2003, 12:47 PM »
seems all the other rooms have the biggest caught.  what's everyones best?  I caught a 14.5 pound burbot 39 inches long, jigging through the ice this november.

grumpymoe

Re:biggest burbot?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2003, 11:05 AM »
fishermanjake--mine was around 36 inches or so-do you nail yours down to measure them :P

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2003, 10:25 AM »
15.2lbs, 41 inches last year on ice. But this year I hope to pull up old Walter.

lip ripper

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2004, 11:06 PM »
caught one17.2 pounds at pinehurst lake in alberta in 1996 before they were considered game fish here we used to use the for bait hunting coyotes.my cousin caught one that was even bigger but never weight it
both caught on moose meat laying on the bottom in 35 feet of water between11pm 2am Albertas Lip ripper

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2004, 04:51 PM »
 13 pounds was the biggest out of lake Nipissing . I have heard of bigger though .

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2004, 07:29 PM »
fishermanjake--mine was around 36 inches or so-do you nail yours down to measure them :P
they are dead when i measure them, usually frozen

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: biggest burbot?
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2004, 08:30 AM »
I think my biggest was around 12 pounds...I don't think I could've got it through a 6" hole so good thing I was fishing with my power auger pal!  One afternoon 3 of us went out 1 at a time as we got back from work, and we each caught identical burbot within a half hour of each other...10 pounders and they each had 2 10" tullibees in them!
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2004, 09:50 PM »
14 pounds as a kid ice fishing for cusk. now they run 4-8 pounds but hey not every state has big ling. ;D
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2004, 09:11 AM »
3 pounds and still searching...Trapper wont show me the big X on the lake....lol
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2004, 12:45 PM »
I think it "may" have been this weekend?  It was well over 8 lbs. but my digital scale was b.s.ing' again!  Said it was 7.6 or sooooo.  Who's to believe that?
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2004, 07:07 AM »
Well wasn't that with fishermanjake?? He would have a good idea on the weight as as he has said he is preety close to guestimating to the ounce? Just ask him then if it was this same trip you skunked his arse on....Poke poke..Make sure to Rib him on this Barley....You took him from his Ling throne!!! LOL
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2004, 11:37 AM »
i said 7.2, he said 7.8, anyhow, i got beat...I have no excuses...anyhow, rag on me all you want, I didn't get skunked...and it put my season total up to 71, average size, about 6 pounds maybe a little better.  over half a dozen over 10 pounds too.  Just ended up being my worst day out there...maybe they are starting to figure out my technieque there.  Who knows...but come back and rag on me when you stop getting skunked for burbot or catch one close to ten(if you can get it through your hole :P)  Anyhow jim braved the frazil ice to have the best hole as well, so his 6 is deserved.  Nice job Jim :D

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2004, 01:08 PM »
Now Germ,  How can I give him a hard time?  He takes it all so well.  I did have the "magic" hole this weekend.  I even un-selfishly offered a fish that was biting in the "hot spot" ta' Jake, which he refused.  He did pull through to get the monkey off his back at the two minute warning. ;D   It sounds like you'll have to grab the Trapper and make a road trip north!   
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Road trip....lol....I ain't spending that much time in a CAr with him...Damm he probably pack his whole house for that load then exspect me to Tow him behidn my car....Or even worse Drag it by hand....And jake nice come backs there kid...LOL Ya ya i know Germ and his monster size Ling are really quite threatening for ya ...LOL OR Baby Ling Germ as Terry has sort of labeled me...I guess i can't be razzing ya as My fish would fit through my 3 and a half inch hole...But BArly certainaly can becasue he was the one who did kick ya off your own throne...And in your own Backyard....Hmmm..and as a sympathy hole he offers ya a Ling that is biting .....Awwww..he knew id be all over ya if he skunked ya....Well lets face it he did...Rofl....My other question here is did ya guyz do the cleaning method with the dumpster that nite? Which by the way works great jake...Tight lines all and thanks for the laughs.

tylerfish

« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2004, 09:29 PM »
got one last weekend 15 1/4 lbs and 41 inches long it didint feel that big when i was bringing it in just fell  out of the hole but it shure tasted good

trapperdirk

« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2004, 12:48 AM »
 Sorry Barleydog,,,, the Germ with a lure in ear isn't getting me to go any where . LOL
    Limp wristed left handed feller he is I think , but hope not . ;D
 Oh well to each there funny strange own ,,, LOL .

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2005, 07:44 AM »
22 pounds, 48 inches. Would have been a two state record, but I let it go. I didnt know what it was at the time. Got pics floating around somewhere.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 2005, 02:03 AM »
Biggest and only 'pout, about 6 lbs.  Thought I had the biggest walleye in Lake o' the Woods!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2005, 07:23 AM »
got one on LAKE OF WOODS on 1-12-05 101/5 # 33 inches long  fished for 3 days and caught 39 of them at nite  that is the first time fishing for them  i have never seen one before that  i don't think we have them in lake Erie  will post pic as soon as learn how  got  allot of pic from last week

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.