Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Ice Fishing Podcast - Short Rod Show  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Short_Rod

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Podcast - Short Rod Show
« on: Jan 28, 2020, 09:44 AM »
My buddy Ben and I have had a blast putting this podcast together. We both live in Ankeny. We talk a lot about central Iowa lakes and ice conditions. I just wanted to share it around the ice fishing community. We just cracked 10,000 downloads. We are on all the major podcast platforms. Hope you guys enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making them.
Comments are welcome!

shortrodshow.com
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-short-rod-show/id1487340220
https://shortrodshow.podbean.com/

Offline Ihawkangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing Podcast - Short Rod Show
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2020, 04:13 PM »
This is a great podcast.   I highly recommend it.

Offline MCNorris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:59 PM »
Just started listening to this a few weeks ago on spotify! love it I binged it while out fishing this weekend and can't wait for another episode! Even the wife likes it, great show guys keep it up!

Offline Short_Rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2020, 02:02 PM »
I appreciate the feedback guys! We'll be at the Dakins Lake Derby this weekend 2/15. Hoping to meet a few listeners there.

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:19 AM »
Downloading all the episodes now! Love to listen while I commute each day. Thanks for the entertaining and informative podcast!
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline Beardcat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2020, 07:12 AM »
My buddy Ben and I have had a blast putting this podcast together. We both live in Ankeny. We talk a lot about central Iowa lakes and ice conditions. I just wanted to share it around the ice fishing community. We just cracked 10,000 downloads. We are on all the major podcast platforms. Hope you guys enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making them.
Comments are welcome!

Ben & Brett,
Really enjoy your podcast! Would love another episode on Iowa catfish through the ice. Keep up the good work!

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2020, 08:26 AM »
Comments are welcome!

shortrodshow.com
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-short-rod-show/id1487340220

Picked you guys up last year listening in from Mass! I was excited to listen to you boys on Sunday! Great to have you back

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2020, 04:51 PM »
Ben and Brett do a great job! They are down to earth. And I believe it's Ben that fishes with Schooley spring bobber poles. Gotta love that!0

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Nice i will have to add it to my play list

Catchin' Fish

Offline Short_Rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2020, 01:45 PM »
Hey, Thanks for all the kind words guys! Actually Brett runs the Schooley's. lol 
They are bullet proof. If you follow tournament ice fishing at all a lot of those guys will fasten the schooley reel onto their regular rod, they are fail proof.

We have also started up a YouTube channel of that's more your thing. So far we have just been recording our podcasts and posting them on there. But we have plans to run some additional content through it.

www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aylrHYF5Svl8ASU4YHdYw/featured

Offline Short_Rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2021, 08:21 AM »
The start to the ice fishing season has been painfully slow!

Short Rod Show season 3 is back to help scratch the itch. The first 2 seasons we focused pretty heavily on pan fishing. This year there will be more effort toward Iowa walleye and catfish through the ice!

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2021, 07:34 PM »
The start to the ice fishing season has been painfully slow!

Short Rod Show season 3 is back to help scratch the itch. The first 2 seasons we focused pretty heavily on pan fishing. This year there will be more effort toward Iowa walleye and catfish through the ice!

I just in the last couple seasons targeted catfish and gotta say, it’s probably the most fun I’ve had out on the ice.

Offline Central Iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 25, 2021, 04:26 AM »
Found your podcast last year you both do a great job. Keep ‘em coming and have to think we will bump into each other some day.

Offline crappeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2021, 02:22 PM »
You guys are great! Started listening to you a couple weeks ago on Spotify.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2022, 09:14 PM »
Really good show, I’m a fellow central Iowa ice fanatic. Thanks for the tip on duncombe gas and grocery. Was going past there on hwy 20 today and thought I better stop by and check it out, neat shop and they had great quality bait!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.