Author Topic: Ice Fishing Meet-up's and Invites!  (Read 30639 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice Fishing Meet-up's and Invites!
« on: Nov 15, 2014, 01:45 PM »
Ice Fishing Meet-up's and Invites!

Heading out to the ice by yourself? Or maybe you'd like to meet up with some fellow Ice Shanty members while out on the ice? Looking for a fishing partner? Willing to share some of your techniques and knowledge with some of the people just getting started ice fishing? New to the area?

This thread is intended to be a place where you can invite someone to meet up with you, or where you can offer to help those new to ice fishing or new to your area. It is also a place where beginners can seek advice while out on the ice.

Post a little bit about yourself such as: Your location, favorite species, where you'd like to fish, vehicle or shanty description, where on on the ice you might be, etc.

Disclaimer: Please use common sense and proper caution when accepting/offering invites to others. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) posting to this thread is prohibited.

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Fishing Meet-up's and Invites!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2014, 01:53 PM »
This post is great  :clap:

Offline SoDakdick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2014, 09:45 AM »
so is this where we should post about a hut party?
Keep your stick on the ice we are all in this together.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2014, 02:04 PM »
so is this where we should post about a hut party?

This was placed so folks would have a thread where they could find each other on the ice, offer an invite, ask for some help learning about ice fishing, new people moving into the area, etc.

If there is enough interest in a SD Hut Party, and someone is willing to take lead on it, PM me and I will set up a dedicated Hut Party thread, fair enough?

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline Luke835

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2014, 10:48 PM »
Any of the greater Sioux falls area ice fishermen out there wanna hit Scott's slough or somewhere else close to home let me know. My roommate and I are gonna go out Saturday and catch whatever we can. Just be nice to drill some holes again.

Offline 22knat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2014, 08:19 PM »
Good evening,
Retired old guy Rapid City area. Been fishing for awhile respecting the wife's wishes. Not comfortable with me fishin alone and I really don't like it any more as well. Looking for a fishin buddy. have a two seat old clam drk green Shields logo Sheridan lk  Orman or where ever. Giggs

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2014, 09:44 PM »
Welcome to the Ice Shanty 22knat. You can't talk the wife into going on the ice with you either I see! And I even offered to buy mine a pink ice suit and still no deal! If I get over within the next few weeks maybe we could meet up. Where do you fish most often?

Offline willywilcox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Looking for any purpose ice fishing info for the waubay area.  Will be visiting sometime later January if have any advice for us?

Offline 22knat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:00 PM »

wyoutdoors thanks looking forward to some fishin didn't get out last year because of some health issues.  I usually fish perch on Sheridan lake just because my favorite spots are a short drag. But go to Orman when the eyes are biting. night or day when some one is with me. Let me know.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:17 PM »
I used to fish Orman a little bit. Then really fell in love with Pactola Reservoir. Last season I'd drive right by Orman to get to Pac, but would certainly enjoy meeting up with you on my days off or between workdays with you at Orman. You near Belle?

Offline 22knat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:47 PM »

wyoutdoors
I have as of yet ice fished Pac but shortened an old spinning rod in hopes of getting up there to fish for the Lakers. I live east of rapid so Pactola is closer to me.  let me know when your going up there or Deerfield which I have float tubed quite a bit. I know Pactola has some nice pike and bass as well

Offline mjoldersma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2014, 03:57 PM »
Is there enough ice on Scotts Slough now? Wouldn't mind trying that out in the winter.  fish there in the summer. mostly small bullheads.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Is there enough ice on Scotts Slough now? Wouldn't mind trying that out in the winter.  fish there in the summer. mostly small bullheads.

Welcome to the SD Shanty mjoldersma! This thread is titled: Ice Fishing Meet-up's and Invites! Once you have three (3) posts you can check the South Dakota Fishing Reports and Conditions forum. Thanks for your help in keeping the threads uncluttered.

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
Bon Homme county?
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Does anyone fish Lake Henry, or Lake Kloucek north of Tabor. I'd like to meet up and fish these lakes a couple times with someone who knows them!
PM me if you're interested, I cook lunch on the ice!

Offline homehooch1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bon Homme county?
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2014, 09:36 AM »
planning a trip to lake henry this afternoon.  cant say that I know it all that well, but there is plenty of brush and spots to try.

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Be careful over there & let me know how the ice looks. ;D

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Hey folks ,
I am always looking to fish with someone , I live in Vermillion but will travel . I also have my Neb license . I do have snowmobiles for when the ice gets thick enough . I am not afraid to try new lakes .

Offline BH ICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2014, 06:58 AM »
Hello all,

I am new to the site but have been ice fishing for over 20 years in the Black Hills. There is some great information on here!

Offline B00ZYtheCL0WN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Come along & have a ball fishing rods and alcohol.
« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Greetings.  I am also new to the site, but have been fishing regularly for the last 7 years in Central, SD.  This site is wonderful!

Offline ramblingman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2015, 10:43 PM »
Just moved to Vermillion SD. Having trouble finding good ice fishing spots. The vermillion river is all frozen, but idk if its frozen thick enough uniformly to go ice fishing on. The Missouri has some sheets of ice and big ice jambs, but i sure as heck wouldn't go walk out on it. Found one lake that looks ok, but access is a bit tough as it is obviously not being frequently used. Kinda hard to know if the ice on it is any good. Thinking of heading over to the lewis and clark lake towards Yankton for some ice fishing.

Would appreciate some leads on ice fishing here in South East SD or I'd be happy to buy the beer and tag along with a group if anyone's open to it.

Offline jvfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2015, 11:57 PM »
Just moved to Vermillion SD. Having trouble finding good ice fishing spots. The vermillion river is all frozen, but idk if its frozen thick enough uniformly to go ice fishing on. The Missouri has some sheets of ice and big ice jambs, but i sure as heck wouldn't go walk out on it. Found one lake that looks ok, but access is a bit tough as it is obviously not being frequently used. Kinda hard to know if the ice on it is any good. Thinking of heading over to the lewis and clark lake towards Yankton for some ice fishing.

Would appreciate some leads on ice fishing here in South East SD or I'd be happy to buy the beer and tag along with a group if anyone's open to it.

Yeah.... there's not much around here sorry.  I live in Yankton / lived in Vermillion for 5 years...  Lakes that are nearby are pretty much limited to Lake Henry, Marindahl, Menno, and Hudson.... All are a fairly good drive.  As you get toward Sioux Falls you have a few more options.   Maybe there's a lake I don't know about nearby and someone can give you a closer suggestion.  Also, I wouldn't be setting foot on Lewis and Clark, but maybe other people have?  I was walking on less than two inches of ice (not intentionally) on Hudson last weekend.  Most of the small lakes around here only have 5 or 6".  Maybe the marina would have decent ice, but I'd be using a spud for sure.

Offline ramblingman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2015, 02:29 AM »
Yeah, Burbank Lake was the only one nearby which looked at all promising. You ever tried that?

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:26 AM »
I would spend my gas money driving north rather than to L&C,..that lake is tough enough for people that fish it regularly, even in summer. Lake Yankton, (below the dam) was killed off for renovation last fall.
You will start to find the southern end of the better fishing around I-90, and  find more water the farther north you go.
There are lots of "state" lake maps and stocking info on the SDGF website, plus phone numbers for information.

http://gfp.sd.gov/

Offline jvfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2015, 12:28 PM »
No, I haven't... might end up being good?  GFP says it has crappie, bass, and pike.

Offline ramblingman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2015, 06:20 PM »
JVfishing go try it out and let me know. Their is only one good path going down to it off of 470 i could find. It clearly hasn't been ice fished on yet from what i could see so im a little leary of walking out on it being a rookie and all lol.

I'll be going up to Sioux Falls for a job interview tomorrow. I need a auger and a stick to check the ice in front of me as well as some ice spikes and maybe a small sled to pack all the junk. Anyone know any good stores up there to check out?

Offline jvfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:56 AM »
It'll be a while before I can go... Going to Oregon this weekend and Wisconsin the weekend after... Unfortunately neither is for fishing.  Dakota Angler is a good place... Otherwise Scheels.

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:01 PM »
Burbank Lake is basically dead

Offline FishDSc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 17, 2016, 04:22 PM »
Ramblingman, Dakota Angler and Scheels should have everything you need.

I'm new to South Dakota and Ice Fishing. I've been a few times up by Arlington. I'd be interested in going with anyone. I'm planning on fishing Monday the 19th. Then gone for a few days, but fishing again off and on December 26th through January 7th.

Offline 22knat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2016, 12:22 PM »
anyone in the black hills using this topic?? looking for someone to go up to Orman  next week sometime planning to fish late bite. giggs

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 2017, 12:03 PM »
I have next week off of work, and plan on going out as often as I can provided the ice is built back up (should be good).

If anyone is interested in going out around the Sioux Falls area that might be willing to show me and the kid a thing or two, let me know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.