Author Topic: Ice Armor Blue Suits on Sale!!!  (Read 6074 times)

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Armor Blue Suits on Sale!!!
« on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:11 PM »
Just to let everyone know Reeds Sports in Minnesota has the Blue Suits on sale $179.95, normal price 299.95 and free shipping in the United States, excellent deal, I purchased one last year and they are awesome, very warm and wind and waterproof.

www.reedssports.com

All sizes are available so far, the only thing I wish they had was floatation panels :tipup:

Offline gordify

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Armor Blue Suits on Sale!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Holy crap! I went down to cabalas the day after christmas and bought the black bibs for 180. I hope they take returns by mail.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:04 PM »
you can buy a float suit from ebay for 160.00  :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline bowhuntken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:07 PM »
i  got a set of the blue ones the other day at gander mountain for 199.99,the grey and black suit was on sale for 249.99 but they did't have my size
usmc 1989-1993

Offline jr_the_dj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Damn it! I just bought one for $265/w shipping.
Jiffy Ice Drills Pro-Staff
Aqua Vu Pro-Staff
HT Enterprises Pro-Staff
PK Lures Pro-Staff

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:50 PM »
The Ice Armor looks like a good suit but I think I am going to save the $$$ and get myself a Mustang survival suit instead for the fickle ice here in Ohio.  (no ice right now!!!)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Do those suits float? The blue ones are they the same ones that Genz and his crew wear?

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2007, 08:09 PM »
I looked at a set of these at gander mouintain and they do not look like they are worth the money, I have as set of Columbia camouflage bibs and coat/w hood, it is insulated with thinsalate and Gortex, its realy warm and stops the wind dead, I use it all the time Duck hunting in November on Munuscon Bay which is part of lake Superior, ice fishing , deer hunting, it has served me well. When the day comes to replace it I'll have to look elsewhere other then what I see for ice fishing, I don't like having to pile the clothes on underneath to stay warm. I never where any cotton in the winter for ice fishing, and so far it has worked for me.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2007, 08:11 PM »
Do those suits float? The blue ones are they the same ones that Genz and his crew wear?

Yes they are the same suits, they dont float, I bought the automatic inflatable SOSpenders that blow up when they touch water, watch the video on cabelas its a good one  :tipup:

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2007, 09:19 PM »
Just to let everyone know Reeds Sports in Minnesota has the Blue Suits on sale $179.95, normal price 299.95 and free shipping in the United States, excellent deal, I purchased one last year and they are awesome, very warm and wind and waterproof.

www.reedssports.com

All sizes are available so far, the only thing I wish they had was floatation panels :tipup:

Just bought one...

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline Rovic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2007, 09:46 PM »
Too bad they dont carry a mans size suit like the 5xl.  :( :( Had to clam corp to get mine as everyone carries the smaller sizes.

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2007, 09:59 PM »
I looked at a set of these at gander mouintain and they do not look like they are worth the money, I have as set of Columbia camouflage bibs and coat/w hood, it is insulated with thinsalate and Gortex, its realy warm and stops the wind dead, I use it all the time Duck hunting in November on Munuscon Bay which is part of lake Superior, ice fishing , deer hunting, it has served me well. When the day comes to replace it I'll have to look elsewhere other then what I see for ice fishing, I don't like having to pile the clothes on underneath to stay warm. I never where any cotton in the winter for ice fishing, and so far it has worked for me.
I have the Columbia also,the wind doesn't get through and I can kneel on the ice and not get wet because of the barrier.   I just bought the Ice Armour and waiting to see if it's as good,don't see how it can be much better.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2007, 12:26 AM »
I still dont understand why you guys buy these armour suits when you can get a float suit cheaper!!!!They are just as warm and can actually save your life unlike an ice armour suit.The ice armour suit is just an over priced snow suit. IMO :tipup:

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2007, 01:27 AM »
What Hunters said!!!  I know it sounds like a good deal but it dont float!!!!!!

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2007, 05:33 AM »
I have the Columbia also,the wind doesn't get through and I can kneel on the ice and not get wet because of the barrier.   I just bought the Ice Armour and waiting to see if it's as good,don't see how it can be much better.

Empty Hook

Let me know how it works out, the price is cheaper then my Columbia outfit and its going on 20yr old but still works great.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:16 AM »
I have the Columbia also,the wind doesn't get through and I can kneel on the ice and not get wet because of the barrier.   I just bought the Ice Armour and waiting to see if it's as good,don't see how it can be much better.

Empty Hook

Let me know how it works out, the price is cheaper then my Columbia outfit and its going on 20yr old but still works great.
Will do Rat-Man.  Got my Columbia at Jays in Clare about 15 yr ago,still in good shape. I really liked the bibs on the Ice Armour but looks like I paid to much.  Some of these guys are getting some deals.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2007, 05:55 PM »
The ice armour is not a float suit!!  Is the arctic armour a float suit??? and how much is the suit? :tipup:

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Line Wet And Your Noodles Warm!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:56 PM »
I'm sure that the Ice Armor suit is a nice piece of clothing but I agree that the Mustang or Stearns float/hypothermia suit is the ticket.These babies are TOASTY warm! Just slip on over a pair of jeans and a sweater...that's it! Windproof,waterproof,and they float! Trust me if you go through once you will wish you had this baby on(as I have done).I will be willing to bet that Dave Genz and the Ice Armor crew will be working on an Ice Armor flotation suit in the near future. I believe that Mustang and Stearns are messing up by not marketing their float suits to the general  ice fishing community.I never knew one existed until my buddy let me borrow his and I said I got to have one of these!!! :o :o :o
Some men fish real hard but only "real men" fish hardwater!

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:30 AM »
Does anyone out there have or know of anyone that has a BROWNING float suit???? I checked Cabella's and they have their's for sale. It too is USCG approved. Quite a bit cheaper also. Thanks.
      Kim
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scuff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Who makes the float suit?

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:26 PM »
Browning, Mustang and Sterns...........3 different makers.
      Kim
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:53 PM »

Empty Hook

Rat Man I was out fishing today for 5 hrs 22degrees not much wind.  I only had long johns and a insulated shirt + coat on and stayed real warm.  I think I would want a light jacket if it were windy.  Bibs are great, better then Columbia.  Good fishing

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Thanks to all. I now am the proud owner of a Mustang 2175 float suit. I can not see spending $200 on a suit that does not offer warmth and safety. With these new suits and the thin floatation material bulk is not an issue.
Why buy a Genz suit? I think they are missing the boat not offering that suit in floatation.

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Line Wet And Your Noodles Warm!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:37 AM »
Thanks to all. I now am the proud owner of a Mustang 2175 float suit. I can not see spending $200 on a suit that does not offer warmth and safety. With these new suits and the thin floatation material bulk is not an issue.
Why buy a Genz suit? I think they are missing the boat not offering that suit in floatation.

Well said! I believe you just purchased one of  the best pieces  of ice fishing equipment available :o
Some men fish real hard but only "real men" fish hardwater!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.