Author Topic: YAKTRAX PRO  (Read 14062 times)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: YAKTRAX PRO
« Reply #30 on: Nov 23, 2005, 09:17 AM »
I use the el cheepoos made by HT Polar. Nine bucks a pair and I have had em for about 5 years. No problems!
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline ny_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mike
« Reply #31 on: Nov 23, 2005, 09:22 AM »
OK this is my 3rd season... I have tried the HT rubber pull overs ... like them best but i get half a season on them .. bought the cleats that go under  the center of your boot ... they suck if ya spend anytime on your feet you will pay  in foot pain like ya never had before. Lasted one day .Bought a monster cleat spike  sandal ... don't remember who makes um ... It was like having a 2 inch lift kit on your boot ..little narrow for my boots ... gave them to the kid .Just picked up a new set of HT OMNI TECH SUPERSTUD sandal cleats .Looks like they Velcro over the boots  with sheet metal screws in the bottom making them replacable.Got them at Gander.. will have to get ice to check them out.Watched my bud take a hell of a nose dive trying to get to a flag before me, while using Yax.... think there the best cleat for anybody i fish with  ;D... ohh yea it was a nice pick.....   and all my bud got was a bloody nose ..
Where is the ice !!!!

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 23, 2005, 09:45 AM »
im thinking about just popping some screws throught the bottom of my boots. anyone do this before?
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline Shrek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 23, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I've had a pair of Ranger Pacs for three years now that I put sheet metal screws in the lugs of the treads and have never looked back. Make sure they are short enough not to penetrate the inside might not be water proof after. Just don't wear them in the house.
Even a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #34 on: Nov 23, 2005, 02:52 PM »
I'm gonna start fishing with Ugly Sticks I swear.  :P
say it ain't so!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #35 on: Nov 23, 2005, 05:37 PM »
HT OMNI TECH SUPERSTUD sandal cleats

If they are like the HT sandals at the wal-mart over here, then they are Exactly like stabilicers.  Hex head screws for traction.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 23, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Tried the HT's a few years ago, they're ok. Next came the Creepers Thats there name. Don't know who makes them but they work great.
 They accordian to fit different width boots,and have 4 spikes in the heel and 8 in a diamond under the front of your foot. They will make short order out of your floor, They have nylon straps with clips for easy on and off.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #37 on: Nov 25, 2005, 12:58 PM »
I have the Arctic Spurs too. The problem is they are so noisy when I am walking that people start looking for a tree for a lynching party. I wouldn't mind if us old farts could run faster. I may be slow, but at least I don't slip.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.