The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Roll Call-----Fremont Derby  (Read 3676 times)

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Roll Call-----Fremont Derby
« on: Mar 01, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Just curious who all will be out for the Fremont Derby this year? Minnow12 you going for the repeat victory? I will be out there but I don't think that I am going to enter into the contest just fish with some friends who will be fishing it.

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
Re: Roll Call-----Fremont Derby
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:17 PM »
This Weekend? When where and how much.
No one left behind.     

Offline Junior48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:46 AM »
This Weekend? When where and how much.

Yep this weekend, Fremont lake in Pinedale, Cost is $40 for non boat club members. Wish I could go this year, it's a fun one to fish. good luck to all that attend. Repeat Minnow12!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:13 AM »
Yes it is March 4th from 7 am till 4 pm and march 5th from 7 am till 2 pm.
Cost is $40 for non boat club members or $20 for members. Non member registration includes a club membership.
You can register early in the evenings at the VFW in town or the day of at Lakeside lodge.
Pay out is usually in the following order:
Daily Big Fish
Grand Prize - $1,000.00
Second Place - $ 400.00
Third Place - $ 200.00
Fourth Place - $ 150.00
Brown - $ 200.00
Rainbow - $ 200.00
Hourly Big Fish - $ 100.00
I saw a flyer somewhere online for it yesterday but for the life of me I can't find it right now. It is a good tourney and is fun to fish, the cold weather we have gotten over the past week or so has improved ice conditions dramatically.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2017, 06:03 PM »
Me and spudbar are here. For those who are concerned....minnow is leading the derby with a 14 lber. I asked him if he was available for hire and he laughed so that must be a no! 😂
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Proud dad alert .... Nevin won today!  What a fantastic day to share with my fishing buddy!  Sorry Pok I've already booked up Nevin-  that kid is the fish whisperer.    Good luck tomorrow everyone

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2017, 10:02 PM »
Great job Nevin. Congratulations. I caught 3, 1 small one and 2 smaller than that!

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2017, 07:59 AM »
That is pretty cool, got have the fish gods on your side to win 2 year in a row!

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Another Fremont Derby is in the books. This is about the 30th year that I've fished this derby. I have won overall big fish 1 time, daily big fish 1 time, several place fish and hourly fish over the years. Our group has had a pretty good run over the years with several overall winners, day and hour fish. Today I entered a 19" brown that didn't win, that's ok at least I caught fish both days. Today I also had the pleasure of helping a friend land the #2 fish today. There has been years of total skunk for 2 days. This year minnow12 did something that I can't recall ever seeing, he won Saturday Big Fish and Sunday/Overall Big Fish. Add to this that he won Overall Big Fish in last years derby. A huge congratulations to Nevin and a word of advice, watch your back, cause we are all following you next year! 😜 No, seriously, start a log book of every derby and keep track of your money fish and Where you caught it, what bait, how much you won, any details that you can record. You will find that when your an old fart, like me, you will enjoy looking back and reminiscing. Today when Spudbar texted me and told me what you caught today, I was thrilled for you and replied to him that you are ruined for life, in a good way! Once again Congratulations Nevin and Good Fishin'

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:01 PM »
Joe, it's Nevin. How could you forget? You just heard it 15 times at the ceremony! Hahahahaha. I prefer to call him "Lord Nevin" ....as we are not worthy to call him any other name!

Nevin.....you da man!
Trent Williams

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:22 PM »
WOW what a weekend!!    I'll let Nevin fill in some details but all I can say is WOW!   Honestly we came into this derby with low expectations. How could Nev do any better then last years 24 lber....   Well, at 7:45 on Saturday Minnow turned in the fish of the day with a 14.6 laker!  As he was fighting it all he could say is "what are the chances, of another big fish". Sunday, around 30 minutes into the derby Nevin connects into a good one.  I run over pull out the transducer so he can fight it and all I see is his reel peeling off line.  Luckily we had drilled double holes and after 35 minutes the fish finally shows itself.  With twenty inches of ice my arm was buried but I got a good grab on the jaw and hauled out the biggest laker  Nevin has ever landed.  The fish weighed 30.8 pounds and 44 1/4" .   I talked to some of the guys that started the derby in the 70's and they can't remember a 30 pounder at the ice derby.  This will be one tough year to top !   Photos to come soon.-

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Just saw the photos on the tournament page. Congratulations for sure!  :o
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2017, 10:59 PM »
What a weekend ! 
Saturday's Big fish at 14 lbs

Sundays Big fish 30.8 lbs !!!

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2017, 01:19 AM »
Wow!  That is unbelievable on so many levels.  To catch a lake trout that size out of Fremont on any day is something, but to catch it during the derby...after winning the day before is downright freaky!  Congrats

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2017, 04:58 AM »
Wow unbelievable fish congrats.

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2017, 06:09 AM »
WOW way to go Nevin what a weekend congats two years in a row assume.

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Joe, it's Nevin. How could you forget? You just heard it 15 times at the ceremony! Hahahahaha. I prefer to call him "Lord Nevin" ....as we are not worthy to call him any other name!

Nevin.....you da man!

Sorry Nevin, that's what happens when you get old and beaten down!

Offline ralph23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Crazy story! Congrats on the big fish!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Sorry Nevin, that's what happens when you get old and beaten down!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Trent Williams

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Unbelievable weekend guys! I was only out there on Saturday and didn't even enter into the tournament but I did catch 31 fish that day! They were all small though, all less than 25" and only one rainbow. Congrats again Nevin! You will remember this weekend for the rest of your life!

Offline 307fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2017, 10:00 AM »
Thanks guys for all the congrats to Nevin and words of wisdom.  I can't stop looking at photos and reliving that day!  An unbelievable experience for a father and son to share, and indeed something we will always remember. 

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 06, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Outstanding catch! Congrats on a beauty!  :tipup:

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 06, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Awesome couple of fish Nevin and congratulations! You must be living right to keep pulling up all of those big lakers through the ice and winning the derby!

Offline Lets fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 06, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Great job Nevin! There were a lot of good fisherman out there, with very little to say!

Offline Junior48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 06, 2017, 03:24 PM »
two years in a row congrats!! awesome fish

Offline minnow12

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I live to Jig
« Reply #25 on: Mar 06, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Thanks guys, to start me and my dad kept saying that we had super low expectations and that we couldn't top last year. And I could not believe it when I won Saturday and I kept saying what are the chances of wining 2 years in a row. And then on Sunday I thought that the derby couldn't get any better. But it did, when I set the hook on that fish on sunday morning I new it was something special. The fish took so many long runs and was going nuts when I would get it close to the hole I thought that I was going to lose it for sure. But luckily my dad was right there to pull that fish out of the hole. I don't think that I have ever driven so fast on a snowmobile when I was driving the fish to the weigh in!!

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #26 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Wow x 1, 000 !!!
I am so happy for you and your dad !!!
That was so cool to see you win it last year. But to do it again, and with such an awesome fish, is truly a blessing.
Way to go sir !!!
The only thing that I can think that I might add is ... go get that lottery ticket . ;D    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 07, 2017, 06:10 AM »
Great weekend.  Congratulations.
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #28 on: Mar 07, 2017, 01:38 PM »
Great job, that fish is HUGE!!!! :o :o
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Mar 13, 2017, 10:18 AM »
Nevin keeps raking in the winnings! He just won one of the trophy board drawings and 2nd place lake trout as well. Not only did you win EVERYTHING at the Fremont derby but you also won a weekly drawing, a trophy drawing, and a second place on here as well. Great job keep up the good work!

PS there is something satisfying about having two Fremont fish beat out the British Columbia fish for the top two spots in the Lake trout category!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.