Author Topic: Cleaning plastic windows in hub  (Read 4429 times)

Offline honest john

• IceShanty Rookie
Cleaning plastic windows in hub
« on: Jan 26, 2017, 09:17 AM »
This year, when I set up my Eskimo hub I noticed that the windows were so cloudy and yellowed that it was difficult to see through them.  I  had been just using it that way, but recently I  had it out in the rain.  It got soaked, so I  turned the heat up in the garage and ran a fan to thoroughly dry it out.  Then I decided to work on the windows.  First I tried soapy water, but that did not seem to do any good.  I next did a little research and purchased a bottle of Meguiars PlastX.  (It's really for cleaning headlights, but the reviews said it worked well on plastic Jeep windows.)  Wow!  Did it work well.  With minimal effort, it cleaned the hub windows to an almost new condition.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cleaning plastic windows in hub
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Most of the headlight lens polishes work well... Toothpaste is also very effective and cheaper, we use it at the shop to buff cloudy headlight lenses with great success. For reasons I don't know toothpaste also reduces shack window fogging significantly too.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:23 PM »
On the same idea , if you have the tiny hair line scratches in your windows on your shelters , motorcycle goggles , UTV windshields ect....  When the sun hits them , you can't see through it  . Common household Pledge furniture polish . Very cheap and almost ALL stores have it on the shelf and it's Lemony fresh !

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:19 PM »
Most of the headlight lens polishes work well... Toothpaste is also very effective and cheaper, we use it at the shop to buff cloudy headlight lenses with great success. For reasons I don't know toothpaste also reduces shack window fogging significantly too.
Sorry this is so far off the thread but do you take the lens out or just do the outside? Just wondering.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.