Author Topic: Vexilar fish scout camera. Help  (Read 1151 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Vexilar fish scout camera. Help
« on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:03 PM »
Hello. I purchased a fish scout for half price and have tried using it twice now. For some reason I cannot see much past 2 ft below ice. I must be missing something simple but not sure what?? I've used led's etc. another thing is I just assumed the cam view could be rotated in like a 180 but evidently not. So does a guy just have to try and spin the cable if you want to look at other jigs?? How did they get 500 for these? I paid 250 for mine and if someone can't help me it will be for sale in no time. Thanks for any tips

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Vexilar fish scout camera. Help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2013, 06:42 AM »
I got about $150 for it right now.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Fishin_Chip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Vexilar fish scout camera. Help
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:22 PM »
You will find that the visibility looking down is fairly poor unless there is a lot of light (if you are getting color, give it a try, if you are in B&W, I wouldn't bother). 

Looking sideways is better, but it is seldom that I have enough light to get color.  Black and white mode requires significantly less light. 

You can flip the displayed image 180 degrees, a mirror image effect.  That is done in the menu.  Other than that, the camera only sees what is in front of it. 

I find that my camera works better in the middle of the day, when there is more light.  24 to 36 inches would be about the maximum effective distance, less towards evening, or deeper than 15 to 20 feet. 

You will find that there is a time for the camera, and there are times when it doen't help at all.  Stick with it, give it a chance.  When it works, it can be the difference between catching and not.  Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.