Author Topic: Cabelas guide wear  (Read 2534 times)

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cabelas guide wear
« on: Oct 22, 2016, 08:09 AM »
Now that bass pro owns cabelas I hope there quality doesn't take a nose dive, just waiting for them to come on sale and I will pull the plug!  In the last 8 years I've owned both arctic armour and now the striker, both had crotch blowouts, not impressed, the guide wear is designed so this will not happen, its just way better stuff, at least for now???
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Cabelas guide wear
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2016, 10:11 AM »
Little over a year ago I bought a Cabala's extream guide wear jacket and bibs at a garage sale that were only used a couple times..  Got the set for what it cost to buy the bibs..   I hope the craftsmanship does not go down cus I luv them... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2016, 10:30 AM »
First I've heard of something better than Striker, also, first I've heard of anyone preferring something else they've never had, to the Striker they already own...

This is coming from someone that's owns striker, and guide wear..

Both great but it's like comparing apples to orange soda..

<°)))>{

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2016, 10:37 AM »
 I have the striker jacket and cabelas guide wear bibs with gortex but not insulated.  Perfect for me because I can layer underneath as needed.  Bibs are 5 years old and used hard if not often ... so far so good.  I understand the concern though.  The quality of clothing I've purchased from both seems to slip a little bit every year.  The walmart/price trumps everything effect I think.  I'd rather pay a little more every every year to have quality hold or improve.  Unlikely to change I'm afraid.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2016, 08:07 AM »
First I've heard of something better than Striker, also, first I've heard of anyone preferring something else they've never had, to the Striker they already own...

This is coming from someone that's owns striker, and guide wear..

Both great but it's like comparing apples to orange soda..

I do own guide wear, but not the winter stuff, i fish with buddies who have the winter guide wear and its superior, and its quite obvious
<°)))>{

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2016, 07:01 AM »
Guidewear has been ordered, hope it turns out to be good, If its anything like the warm weather suit it will be! I put a lot of miles on my gear living only 15 minutes  from the shores of lake winnipeg, I will give a brief and honest review mid winter.   

Online 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:29 PM »
I had the Guide wear uninsulated bibs when I was working on the snow at a ski resort. I wore them to work 5 days a week for three winters before the crotch came unstitched. I restitched them and got two more years before they were too worn out to keep using. There are not many ice fishermen who put their outerwear through that much abuse. If you're looking for durability i think you'll be happy with Cabela's Guide wear. Working outdoors in that environment teaches you the importance of good gear.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2017, 08:30 AM »
Spent all weekend fishing for lake trout, including friday, rained friday and saturday, was driving my quad with tracks, my buddy got soaked and I stayed dry as a bone with the guidewear and baffin titans(no better icefishing boot ever made).  Fishing was slow, scenery was spectacular

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.