New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091964 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
amen brother topher....i'll drink to that.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D time to put 2009 in the books.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
i second that topher.  Happy New Years to all.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i third it topher! have a safe, happy, and heathy new year!

topher, the auger works great. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Well, boys I'm off to see the wizard....see if I can't break the new tip up curse and catch a few fish to boot...If anyone goes out good luck and don't forget your tourney card !

Tubby67, good luck on Oneida today !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good luck today guys!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ouch...i'm not 18 anymore i guess..... ;) ;D...if i get moving i can join topher.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
ouch...i'm not 18 anymore i guess..... ;) ;D...if i get moving i can join topher.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
hope you make it joe! :o

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well a slow day on the lake...5 measley bluegills for me...met up with chillyfeet from PA, he killed em today...not many fishermen out, but the weather was great....3rd pull of the cord on the jiffy to get her going...SNAP...cord broke...shoulda known what kind of day it was gonna be

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
That's a bummer!

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
well a slow day on the lake...5 measley bluegills for me...met up with chillyfeet from PA, he killed em today...not many fishermen out, but the weather was great....3rd pull of the cord on the jiffy to get her going...SNAP...cord broke...shoulda known what kind of day it was gonna be
    great way to start the year huh.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
better than a sharp stick in the eye....was able to take off the recoil on the lake while I was waiting for the fish to bite and restring it...did get to use it and drilled quite a few holes...marked alot more fish than I caught...lost a monster crappie at the hole, as the line got wrapped around the ducer for my Marcum...oh well...I got lots better places to fish than Lower Woods.....

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
how much was there?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
better than a sharp stick in the eye....was able to take off the recoil on the lake while I was waiting for the fish to bite and restring it...did get to use it and drilled quite a few holes...marked alot more fish than I caught...lost a monster crappie at the hole, as the line got wrapped around the ducer for my Marcum...oh well...I got lots better places to fish than Lower Woods.....
we figured you just repaired it.

next weekend? the men are ready and willing! :flex:

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys.....just wanted to let ya know I was heading up to Big Pond with a buddie of mine.  Anyone who wants to meet up is welcome.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
lost a monster crappie at the hole, as the line got wrapped around the ducer for my Marcum...oh well...I got lots better places to fish than Lower Woods.....

I dont ever do it but you could drill two holes side by side.  I just keep the transducer next to the edge of the hole, luckily that hasnt happen to me before.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Who needs a nice pair of boots?

All rubber, 17 inches high, 1000 grams thinsulate, Scent Free and in perfect condition. I wear a size 8 1/2 and my feet are fine with a heavy sock once I get in them but the ankles are tough getting into because they are tight but just there. Probably be great for a kid with a 7 or 8 foot or a woman.

Any one needs them they can have them as long as I don't have to pay the freight to ship them. Come and get them or meet up with me some day at Big Pond and I'll bring them along.

I have a few pairs of nice boots that are too tight and I just can't toss them out so speak up if you have a young fellow or gal who can use them or you have size 8 feet.

How is the ice at BP Hammer?

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Game, are you going out to Big Pond for saturday?

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not this weekend and I usually go during the week so I have the pond to myself.

I am in Forestburgh if you want them.

Gary

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Not this weekend and I usually go during the week so I have the pond to myself.

I am in Forestburgh if you want them.

Gary

Gary, where is Big Pond?
Dan
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Livingston Manor, through Lew Beach and almost to Turnwood, left up the hill and about half a mile past Little Pond state camp grounds.

Gary

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well.. i never made it to lower woods ...pop called with a broken bathroom water line ...spent 1/2 the day in a crawl space.... ::)...on my way to gander in middletown ny ....pooley i'm gonna check huntington tomorrow... i'm hearing welcome lake pa has 6 to 8 inches...i'm gonna guess highland and huntington will be a go for next week.... :) gotta get my ny lisc. and a new bait bucket.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hopefully it will be ready...I need to get out of these PA public waters...gotta get the bedrooms ready though...hopefully, I'll get what I need to get done today/tonite...got bait to use up before it goes bad...maybe tomorrow ! ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well.. i never made it to lower woods ...pop called with a broken bathroom water line ...spent 1/2 the day in a crawl space.... ::)...on my way to gander in middletown ny ....pooley i'm gonna check huntington tomorrow... i'm hearing welcome lake pa has 6 to 8 inches...i'm gonna guess highland and huntington will be a go for next week.... :) gotta get my ny lisc. and a new bait bucket.... ;D ;D ;D

you didn't miss anything at Lower.....not a darn thing going on there really yesterday...just fished parts of it that I hadn't ice fished it before....but I didn't get skunked !

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Who needs a nice pair of boots?

(Image removed from quote.)

All rubber, 17 inches high, 1000 grams thinsulate, Scent Free and in perfect condition. I wear a size 8 1/2 and my feet are fine with a heavy sock once I get in them but the ankles are tough getting into because they are tight but just there. Probably be great for a kid with a 7 or 8 foot or a woman.

Any one needs them they can have them as long as I don't have to pay the freight to ship them. Come and get them or meet up with me some day at Big Pond and I'll bring them along.

I have a few pairs of nice boots that are too tight and I just can't toss them out so speak up if you have a young fellow or gal who can use them or you have size 8 feet.

How is the ice at BP Hammer?

Gary

Hi Gary,

If you still have those boots I'll take them, wife can use them when she goes out with me. Let me know, I'll be in Monticello Monday AM  and if you give me
directions I can come and get them. Need to regester my Argo at the Gov. center too. I'm retired so what ever day is best for you is fine.

Dan
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pooley let me know about Highland if you check it out .I want to go up next sat  .thanks Kevin
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Pooley,,,,nice to see you today sorry we didn't see any of the older members. ;D
Hope to see you guys up here on Masten next week.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Pooley,,,,nice to see you today sorry we didn't see any of the older members. ;D
Hope to see you guys up here on Masten next week.
good to see you too tim! i'll let you know about next weekend.

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pooley let me know about Highland if you check it out .I want to go up next sat  .thanks Kevin

Highland is solid just got back has 6-7 inches and it is suppose to be coldddd all week

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
thanks kevin
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Big Pond is in Andes, Delaware County.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.