New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091762 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper..is warm and soggey looking.... :-\ ..if we get a cold snap quick :-\ maybe the weekend....sandy pond ny in 2 weeks... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Hit Prompton today...lots of fishermen...I have the new tip up curse in effect...not 1 single flag all day...fished from 9:30 to 2:30...I'll post pics later....had water on top of the ice in a couple spots, but was still a solid 6-7" and it was a beautiful day to be out..

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
 the rain got rid of the snow, so it will be an ice building week!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
got my fingers crossed Pooley
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hit Prompton today...lots of fishermen...I have the new tip up curse in effect...not 1 single flag all day...fished from 9:30 to 2:30...I'll post pics later....had water on top of the ice in a couple spots, but was still a solid 6-7" and it was a beautiful day to be out..

anybody else around you gettin flags?and puttin fish topside

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah...guys were jigging up crappies and gills and dink perch...tip ups were all pickerel and perch..1 of the picks was a 26" 5lb'er..I got pics  on the way

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i want to go wednesday with a friend, keep me informed guys. thinking of highland.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

first pic is from last weekend at lower woods ( perch )

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
boy i guess there were a few out there! it would've been a great day to get out there however the outlaws-- errr i mean inlaws came over so i was "under house arrest"

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
nice pics...my first trip out will be thursday, the roof of the shed where i keep all my gear had a leak so it filled my sled with water which in turn, froze solid, hoepfully when i check it tomorrow it will be ready to go!!!
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
i want to go wednesday with a friend, keep me informed guys. thinking of highland.

I went up to Highland to check it out today.  Wow, that thing is probably 40% open now thanks to the rain and the rest has just a skim on it  Suppose to be cold this week though so we will see.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
Nice fish Chris! :o I wish we had gotten into them but no luck. :'( I have plenty of bait for you for next week 8)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pooley... tophers fishing another hour from me more toward waymart / elk mountain...etc...down  by me  most lakes have opened back up..if we get the cold weather their talking about this week..this weekend on SOME lakes could be a go....call before ya head up so i can check it out so ya dont waste ya time...also have a sandy pond trip in the planning stages....will pm ya guys... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
boy i guess there were a few out there! it would've been a great day to get out there however the outlaws-- errr i mean inlaws came over so i was "under house arrest"
sounds like fun. ;)....i stacked fire wood after looking at huntington.... :'(

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
thanks joe. i may have to try the following week.

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
I went up to Highland to check it out today.  Wow, that thing is probably 40% open now thanks to the rain and the rest has just a skim on it  Suppose to be cold this week though so we will see.
[/quo  te]                                                                                                                                                           this is moon dog   i was on hi land lake today the ice  is thin near shore but i was out a ways and its about 4 to 5 ins some places thicker there is a lot of open water yet  fishing is slow only kept 5 perch  about 10 ins and 1 prickle  be care full

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
sounds like fun. ;)....i stacked fire wood after looking at huntington.... :'(
   should a come over and rescued me we could've stacked beer cans with the fire wood! 

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
   should a come over and rescued me we could've stacked beer cans with the fire wood! 
  lol...was a wine day today.... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
                                                                                                                                                         this is moon dog   i was on hi land lake today the ice  is thin near shore but i was out a ways and its about 4 to 5 ins some places thicker there is a lot of open water yet  fishing is slow only kept 5 perch  about 10 ins and 1 prickle  be care full

What in the world is a prickle??  any youse guys ever catch one of them?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pooley... tophers fishing another hour from me more toward waymart / elk mountain...etc...down  by me  most lakes have opened back up..if we get the cold weather their talking about this week..this weekend on SOME lakes could be a go....call before ya head up so i can check it out so ya dont waste ya time...also have a sandy pond trip in the planning stages....will pm ya guys... ;D

its not that far, but I think its in a different thermocline than the area that has Huntington and Highland...heck, there's still 5-6" snow on the ground there

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
[/quo  te]                                                                                                                                                           this is moon dog   i was on hi land lake today the ice  is thin near shore but i was out a ways and its about 4 to 5 ins some places thicker there is a lot of open water yet  fishing is slow only kept 5 perch  about 10 ins and 1 prickle  be care full
sorry about that i was tired gota catch me one

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
it takes me about 45 minutes to get to prompton...more if honesdale school buses are on the road... ::) yepper the ice your way is in better shape then down by me.... :-\ maybe this weekend down this way....

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
Ill be out in newburgh on thursday if anyone wants to go...there were 7 trucks in the lot yesterday and guys all over the ice

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
What in the world is a prickle??  any youse guys ever catch one of them?
   thats usually what i'm calling them after wayyyy to much booze  ;D

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
  thats usually what i'm calling them after wayyyy to much booze  ;D

Sounds like a cucumber with gills and fins! ;D Thanks for the chuckle!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings I hope everyone had a good Christmas and want to wish you all a Happy New Year full of good fishing. Since we are all looking for safe ice thought I should post the phone number for Winding Hills Park ranger station (Orange County owned/operated) off of route 17k in the town of Montgomery. Diamond Lake is the only one of the three bodies of water in the park open to ice fishing contains yellow perch,large mouth bass and sunfish. Small lake maybe fifty acres in size yellow perch average eight to ten inches in length. The park is not to far from Tom's Bait Shop in Fair Oaks,NY. or Thruway Market in Walden,NY.(Live bait for tip ups)

ranger station phone number (845-457-4918)  the main gate of the park closes at 4:45 pm believe they open at 8:00 am

Steve

Offline FLAG-UPP

• IceShanty Rookie
Ill be out in newburgh on thursday if anyone wants to go...there were 7 trucks in the lot yesterday and guys all over the ice
where in newburgh are you fishing and what are you targeting for ?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I gotta find a link, but as of Jan 6, 2010, the 7 day bait law is being changed to 10 days...not much difference, but a step in the right direction  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sounds good to me topher. 10 gets you 2 weekends.

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
Guna be fishing orange lake....can get into some real good sized crappie and perch, 5 lb plus pickeral and some nice bass....mr clean are u saying that they already opened winding hills?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.