New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092231 times)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
joe, frank wanted you know he's in trouble with the missus for shooting a squirrel in his yard! ;) :roflmao: :icefish:
I got in trouble too. My wife was sitting at the computer when I stuck my 22 out the door and shot one at my bird feeder.  ::) They are preety loud inside. Lucky for me I went  def for a few min. while she was yelling at me. ;)
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Got the Fish Trap Lite canvas repaired and ready to go today.....now back to drywall... ::)16 sheets to go...all cut to fit...gotta love them old oddball houses >:(

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
well, i pulled the trigger, and bought a strikemaster magnum 8 1/4" auger tonight. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks great !!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i saved $20.00 shipping. just payed $349.99 for it. $14.00 in shipping, for extra weight/oversize. sweet! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Where did you get it from?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
cabelas. they have free shipping over $99.00.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That's a heck of a deal then....very light auger

Got 100% confirmation yesterday from the Dr.   it's a GIRL !!   unfortunately, she looks like her dad  ::)

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
well, i pulled the trigger, and bought a strikemaster magnum 8 1/4" auger tonight. ;D

Good luck with it pooley, I'm still draging my old white Fiffy around
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
cabelas. they have free shipping over $99.00.

Great people, was at the Cabelas store in Hamburg PA couple of weeks ago. Stay overnight in the parking lot in my motor home. Had a $30
coupon I got on line and used it on a new Promos hunting blind and bought a ton of ammo. What a store, I could live there....lol. The Gander
Mountain store in Middletown NY should send their employees there to learn how to wait on a customer!!!
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Great people, was at the Cabelas store in Hamburg PA couple of weeks ago. Stay overnight in the parking lot in my motor home. Had a $30
coupon I got on line and used it on a new Promos hunting blind and bought a ton of ammo. What a store, I could live there....lol. The Gander
Mountain store in Middletown NY should send their employees there to learn how to wait on a customer!!!
their employee run away when they see a customer! ;)

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
their employee run away when they see a customer! ;)

You got that right.... ;D
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
congrats pooley on the new toy.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: well after 2 days of dark to dark hunting...i've seen over 50 deer and none had any bone on their head...i will keep ya posted as i gotta hit it harder to get it done.... ;) ;D

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Everyone,
  Been away from fishing getting my metal detecting on.............Got the fishing fever again, especially ice fishing, bring on the ice! I'm at home anywhere there is ice, mostly in Sullivan county though.

It's been a while since I posted here, skulked around a bunch and just wanted to say hi to all you Pa., Southern NY, Rockland, Sullivan, Orange, Westchester County folks, hope I didn't forget anyone oh What's up ICEBALLS and all the Long Island boys? Where is GAMALOT? has he figured out how to catch the Lakers in White Lake yet? :P  Looking forward to sharing LIES fish stories ::) and doing a few get-togethers ;) Good Luck and be safe especially you hunters out there.

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Was thinking of trying Greenwood Lake this year. Any info regarding public access, places to fish for Musky and any general tips about fishing for Musky through the ice would be appreciated. Never tried it before and would love to pull one of those monsters through a hole...Thanks and can we please have some ICE!!!
👮👮👮

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
access is tough, but i am going to try the gathering there again this year. i'll have access for that.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wouldn't mind taking a crack at pulling a muskie out of there myself....franki looked happy in the pics with his.... ;) ;D...well today i saw another herd of does putting me at 62 deer in 3 days with not one with a horn... ::) happy to be seeing the deer but cant figure out where the bucks are...bummer... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Everyone,
  Been away from fishing getting my metal detecting on.............Got the fishing fever again, especially ice fishing, bring on the ice! I'm at home anywhere there is ice, mostly in Sullivan county though.

It's been a while since I posted here, skulked around a bunch and just wanted to say hi to all you Pa., Southern NY, Rockland, Sullivan, Orange, Westchester County folks, hope I didn't forget anyone oh What's up ICEBALLS and all the Long Island boys? Where is GAMALOT? has he figured out how to catch the Lakers in White Lake yet? :P  Looking forward to sharing LIES fish stories ::) and doing a few get-togethers ;) Good Luck and be safe especially you hunters out there.

Hey icefishrny, where in Sullivan County? I live on Wolf Lake, exit 111 on Rt 17, do you fish White Lake? I do a little metal detecting too.
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey icefishrny, where in Sullivan County? I live on Wolf Lake, exit 111 on Rt 17, do you fish White Lake? I do a little metal detecting too.

Hey dabprod,
  I've fished Wolf Lake, a family friend Ron used to live there and we were there all the time. I fish White lake, Swinging Bridge,  Morningside, Loch Sheldrake, Big Pond and a couple times at Lake DeVenoge.

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey dabprod,
  I've fished Wolf Lake, a family friend Ron used to live there and we were there all the time. I fish White lake, Swinging Bridge,  Morningside, Loch Sheldrake, Big Pond and a couple times at Lake DeVenoge.

icefishrny, what was your friend Ron,s last name, I've lived full time here for 25 yrs, must have known him. My wife was the Wolf Lake secretary for over 17 yrs, she knows everyone here. Do you have
a summer home up this way? Maybe we could get together fish/metal detect.
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
topher, you're signature picture is on the left at the ST. Paul show, and my crappie picture too.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=122104.0;topicseen

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I see that ! The Group is now Nationally Infamous ;D  ....I also see the New World Ice Fishing Record Tiger Muskie Pic above the group photo

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
icefishrny, what was your friend Ron,s last name, I've lived full time here for 25 yrs, must have known him. My wife was the Wolf Lake secretary for over 17 yrs, she knows everyone here. Do you have
a summer home up this way? Maybe we could get together fish/metal detect.

dabprod, sent you an email....get together to fish / metal detect sounds great anytime.

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
I guess we are big time now!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I guess we are big time now!
i'm upset that i wasnt asked to speak at this thing.. ::)..being a big time celeberty... ;) ;D....doe tag got filled at 9 this morning...dang 10 point still staying 400 yards away on land i cant get on....but...hes gotta make a mistake sooner or later... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
he probably hears you open you beer can. ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
he probably hears you open you beer can. ;)

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Well at least the Doe is a little meat for ya.....Hope that 10 comes into range soon.....you gots another week, and there's no ice in sight yet...but if you go up by Lower Woods, keep me informed please ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 pooley...being 1/4 canuck injun i'm very steathly in the wilderness.... ;) ;D ........    :)   ice is coming...we got about 3 inches of snow and cold last night..i could stand on the ice on the puddles walking the dog ...was temped to drill some holes set up a spread and sit down with a 6 can  ;)...gonna have me brother fill his doe tags so i can take the meat...twice i came close on that 10....he'll poke his head out in the field to eat then i'll have a shot... ;) ;D the real big shame is my buddys 8 he got with the bow on the club land.. couldnt be entered in the local contest..he'd still be the leader by a inch... ::) ::) ::)ya get a free mount for the win..plus 100 bucks... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Holehawg, Gander Mtn in JC up by where I work NOW has 4-6" Suckers in the bait tanks......I talked to the guys, they said that they are harder to keep in the summer so they only keep them through the winter season...at 8.99 per dozen, I may buy 1 doz to use somewhere like Otisco or Greenwood for Muskies

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Holehawg, Gander Mtn in JC up by where I work NOW has 4-6" Suckers in the bait tanks......I talked to the guys, they said that they are harder to keep in the summer so they only keep them through the winter season...at 8.99 per dozen, I may buy 1 doz to use somewhere like Otisco or Greenwood for Muskies
cool! we could use some down here. nobody sells them here! time to set up a trip! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.