New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091732 times)

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
No baby's here either. ;D It's time to play with my grandson for the day and send him back home.
Love it!!! He will get his first fishing pole this Christmas from Grama and Granpa  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: seems we've  become baby infested lately...one good thing about this recession is the hunting / fishing crowd is repopulating the ranks... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gotta do something when you don't have money....or ice.... ;)

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Monday is the 20 week ultrasound day...indoor or outdoor plumbing to be researched ;) best of luck to you guys fishing  :)

Cameryn Grace and Sophia Elizabeth are on the top of the girl name chart....still picking boys.....but after we find out about the boy or girl, if we cannot decide on 1 name we are going to narrow it down to 5...give a number to each name and number my tip ups...whichever flag goes off first, I give TFB the number and that's the name we are going to use ;D

Cameryn is on my wife's top 3. Her sister works for a radiologist so we have been getting weekly ultrasounds and it is looking like a girl right now!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
my nephew's girlfriend is going to have a boy this weekend. (induced)  8)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hey boys, how bout some love on the coolest pic contest for an Orange County boy  ;)
   I gave you one of my votes Wolfpak , your photo reminds me of my last trip to the Adirondacks (Spectulator-Lake Pleasant area) .

Steve

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
OK Holehawg, the boat is ready, the gear is ready, I'm ready.....so whenever you want to go, just let me know!!!  But until then, the river up here is at the proper level and the time of year is right....here wally, wally, wally..... ;) gotta restock up on the Berkley Gulp minners :)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Going down to TFB's family's house in the AM to finish the motor job in the Saturn....and when the paycheck comes from that , then its Sunday AM to Cortez, PA to pick up my new power auger...a Jiffy Legend Model 31 8" cut.....been used 3 times by the guy that took his grand kids fishing 1 time.....talk about a lucky find !!! :)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sounds good topher!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Going down to TFB's family's house in the AM to finish the motor job in the Saturn....and when the paycheck comes from that , then its Sunday AM to Cortez, PA to pick up my new power auger...a Jiffy Legend Model 31 8" cut.....been used 3 times by the guy that took his grand kids fishing 1 time.....talk about a lucky find !!! :)
Nice find topher

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It was right at the outer reaches of what I wanted to spend at $225...

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
   I gave you one of my votes Wolfpak , your photo reminds me of my last trip to the Adirondacks (Spectulator-Lake Pleasant area) .

Steve
  Thanks mr. clean, that photo was taken at Lake Superior State Park in Bethal after a fresh snow.
👮👮👮

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
Nice find topher, Lucky Dog ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while......this thing is cherry....Ill get some pics of it....it was new in '03 and only drilled 10 holes during 1 outing

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
OK Holehawg, the boat is ready, the gear is ready, I'm ready.....so whenever you want to go, just let me know!!!  But until then, the river up here is at the proper level and the time of year is right....here wally, wally, wally..... ;) gotta restock up on the Berkley Gulp minners :)
hey topher...sorry i missed ya call...been away again.... ::) ::) ::) ::) let me catch up on things and we'll pick a day.... ;D this traveling stuff is gotta end.... ::) ::) ::) congrats on the jiffy.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
He it is...

And we got this pic from the front garden pond  ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
jiffy looks mint.....like brand new.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
topher, Can You drill me some holes? ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sweet find topher!

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
I'm back boys it has been awhile.  Got the ice itch and finally figured out the cookies so I can log in.  was kinda depressed with all the talk and I couldn't time a darn thing.  lol Come on cold weather.  By the way nice auger topher.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks like you got a good deal Topher,just another couple months and you can use it. we will be making a trip up first ice.

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Its to Quiet in here,where did everyone go?Pooley... Holehawg....Topher,where are u guys?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 ! Been out in the garage playin' with my new Jiffy !!!!        Other than that, just passing the time until the weekend when the house construction starts again ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'm here. ;D

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
! Been out in the garage playin' with my Jiffy !!!!  ::)

Hunny ... should ya be telling people that on the internet...  :o

Hey guys.. I'm here too... just signing in to let y'all know I still have a pulse. I told Topher that I'm going to make it out on the ice once before the baby comes... but he has to haul all of his stuff out... set up the ice tent with the heater (while I sit in the warm truck, of course)... then he has to bring the jet sled back and haul my *ss out to the tent so I don't fall on the ice and hurt the baby!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hunny ... should ya be telling people that on the internet...  :o

Hey guys.. I'm here too... just signing in to let y'all know I still have a pulse. I told Topher that I'm going to make it out on the ice once before the baby comes... but he has to haul all of his stuff out... set up the ice tent with the heater (while I sit in the warm truck, of course)... then he has to bring the jet sled back and haul my *ss out to the tent so I don't fall on the ice and hurt the baby!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
sounds like a plan TFB! :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think all I have left to get now for her is she wants one of those Green Hornet Rods from Grumpy Old Men.... ;)

Holehawg, that spot out on the Big D, is that still fishable with either a NY or PA license?

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
I think all I have left to get now for her is she wants one of those Green Hornet Rods from Grumpy Old Men.... ;)

Here 'ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRUMPY-OLD-MEN-GREEN-HORNET-ICE-FISHING-POLE-26_W0QQitemZ250504217235QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a53370293&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have thought several times about buying one just for the heck of it.

Jeff

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks Skeeter, I bid on one last night and forgot about it this morning and missed it !! She will just have to use one of my homemade custom rods instead ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey guys been busy...mr dad got told he has cancer....gotta do the family stuff for a while...i 'll catch back up with ya soon...yeah topher..ya can fish the delaware river with either a ny or pa licence until ya hit the nj line.....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sorry to hear Holehawg...been a tough year for you TFB  and I will be sure to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.