New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1097598 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
still thinking about having a party ...$$$$$$$$$$$$ is tight.... :-\

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
just have like one of those "redneck wedding" parties...everyone bring a little something and there will be fun for all ??? Just like at the gathering.... ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well if nothing else, I would like to wish you all a happy and safe holiday weekend.. ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper...before i get caught up in all these "wine and cracker partys " blondzilla's dragging me to... ::)...have a great 4th folks... :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
you guys have a safe one! don't do anything i wouldn't do! :whistle:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
its friday night.... :thumbsup:...let the beer flow;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
it's flowwing! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ouch....it flowed alittle too much last night.... :wacko:...round 2 starts at 3 bells..... :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
went to the local dirt track races last night, and the way the "local town clowns" are, I figure its safer to get a start today as opposed to last night....getting info for the local airshow that is in town for the weekend as something to do with the boys....If we go, I'll get some pics.... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i believe the hartford fair is coming soon...i may run up to check it out..perhaps hear charlie daniels band.... ;) ;D...man my head hurts...too many yings last night.... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
August..not sure the dates..the way this "summer " is going, It may be here before you know it...and then the kids go back to school and then hunting season, and then BRING ON THE ICE !!!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
you guys may miss this on myfishfinder.

http://sagebrushpatriot.com/america.htm

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
some great pics there...plus the duke.... :thumbsup:....hey topher..don't forget that ya gotta get ya pa hunting license early this year...doe tags go out on july 13th this year.... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Im not going hunting this year...using the money for that license towards my NY fishing license...70 bucks is alot of money.....Holehawg, I'll post a link for that Jiffy Stealth auger off craigslist...the price of the blades confuses me..they say 25 bucks, but website says 70 ish...

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/spo/1223425050.html

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
looks just like mine except they put the word pro on mine and charged me more... ::).. :laugh:..as for the blades... ask if it has the ripper blades..perhaps this auger is the older style with different blades....i have never brought blades for mine sooo i dont know the info...or maybe that 25 bucks vs 75 is where ya send ya blades in and ya get back used sharpened ones instead of brand new...jiffy must have a phone # where ya can talk to a real human to get to the bottom of this....i'd buy that jiffy in a heart beat.... :thumbsup: i'm gonna buy the ny fishing lis. and not the pa....i like the ny lakes for hard water better... ;) ;D as for deer hunting ..i gotta go its in me blood... ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey topher...i checked out the blades on the jiffy site...stx blades are around 65 bucks... the ripper blades around 35 smack-a-roos....either way way ya under 250.00 for a 2 year old jiffy ...if its running good and the  auger isn't bent or something its a great buy....  :thumbsup: ya just gonna have to figure out what ya gonna buy tbf to smooth the deal over.....mine smells zales.... ;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ahhh...its just one of those things that I do side work for..

BTW, I looked in a bargain bin at Gander Mountain and snagged 6 erie dearies in assorted colors and sizes for a buck apiece...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
a buck each is great...  my local sport shop gets 5 and change....back from a bash ...only had one hunting and fishing guy to talk to... ::)altho i met a young lady from utica ny...she doesn't ice fish ...i asked.... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
there's a first time for everything they say ;)

we made it out last night to a close lake, 2 picks, 2 bluegills and 2 LM bass, 1 keeper size. we just go there as a  spur of the moment kinda thing

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
very good topher.... :thumbsup: i gotta rest today....over did the pursuit of happiness thing alittle too much this weekend... ;) ;D gonna just BQ some sausage on the grill with corn on the cob ..mac salad..then hang out and sleep in the shade.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gonna call pops to see if he's available to go out on the river for a boat ride to break in the big motor for the first time this year...

Holehawg..that little idea you have for out on the Big D..we can use my boat for that right? It's only a 14' aluminum..do we need bigger than that????? its got a gas motor and the trolling motor, anchor and the rest of it minus some cheapie rod holders...that might be the only thing needed to be upgraded...

As for the Erie Dearies, do you just slow troll them of slow retrieve on the reel???like I said, I never used them and can't find any info online about how... ??? :unsure:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper the boat will be perfect....just tip the erie d's with a shiner or a crawler and fish it with a slow retrieve.....around deep holes and rocks.....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
cool...pops just called and was at the airshow today..being an old Navy guy, the Blue Angels made him happy ;D

We are going out tomorrow night after I get out of work to do some river running and fishing if the weather permits....hopefully the "wally hole" that was successful last year at this time will produce as many good ones as last year ???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hope ya slay 'um buddy.... :thumbsup:.....gonna check out that jiffy site again....i might order blades for mine..might as well be prepared..everything else is ready to go... ::) ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
the space station will be visable for a couple of weeks. here's the website.

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll try to stay awake long enough to go look out at 11:57 tonite..if not some of the other possible sighting times

I have called the guy with that Jiffy 3 times and left 3 messages, going to try calling again probably tomorrow or Tuesday.....hopefully I get ahold of him..

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the space station will be visable for a couple of weeks. here's the website.

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

Thanks Pooley !!

went out tonite....could clearly see it...going to take the boys out tomorrow nite...they will enjoy it..
full moon coming 5:21 am on the 7th, supposed to be a lunar eclipse..not sure on the time..

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
rain rain go away....come back like Wednesday.. ::)lots of bites on the river tonite with only 1 crayfish caught..pops had a good time and we saw some wildlife...a doe, a turtle and an eagle..water is very stained and has been for quite some time..marked alot of fish on the finder, but no takers..lotsa bites though.. ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i had an ok day. got 2 keeper bass, and a few smaller bass, 2 keeper crappie, 1, 14 inches, 1 8-9 inch sunnie, and an 8 inch perch, who went swimming again. got some fish in the freezer! ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We (TFB and I) got out tonite to watch the Space Station again, and on that page, they list the times that the Shuttle will be visible starting late in the coming weekend...Got a side job to do Saturday to make the money for either an auger or a Vex/Marcum and then out Sat nite to Belmont Lake for bass and walleyes...and maybe even a musky :o...you never know with that place :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.