New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 793117 times)

Offline Vasquez ice bandits

• IceShanty Rookie
Not sure about the conditions on white pond, but saw people fishing the middle branch, croton falls and lake Gilead on Saturday.

Offline iceman99

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went on Sunday ice good use ramp to get on and off

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Guys were on Big Pond yday 3/20
I live back in the woods you see

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Was out yesterday afternoon ..lower Sullivan County...accesed fron Southwest shorine was atop 12 inches of slush/hardpack/black ice . Spud is your friend ..along with common sense.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lol i was out today in my boat who needs ice be safe out there

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Reaching out for info. I fish the Roundout reservoir in the early spring but never tried the Neversink because I don't have a clue where to park and walk in to fish from shore with slip bobbers. I pass the reservoir driving from Liberty on 55 and heading to the Roundout but never did any exploring for good spots around the Neversink. Hoping to get an idea of a few spots with fairly easy walks to the shore from the parking areas.
Wish I was computer savvy enough to post a google picture of the reservoir and have some of you mark an X where I might try.

Thanks

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
After you cross the dam going towards Liberty, make the first left on Aden Rd. You'll find two pull-offs that are marked as recreational boat launching sites, both of those are good shore fishing areas in the spring. Also, if you park right next to the dam, walk down the hill by where the boats are moored and try there, popular spot in the spring as well. Try throwing some spoons as well. Good luck!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
After you cross the dam going towards Liberty, make the first left on Aden Rd. You'll find two pull-offs that are marked as recreational boat launching sites, both of those are good shore fishing areas in the spring. Also, if you park right next to the dam, walk down the hill by where the boats are moored and try there, popular spot in the spring as well. Try throwing some spoons as well. Good luck!

Thanks Tipup28. Looking at the street map heading toward Liberty Aden road is the first RIGHT. I never went down that road but will give it a try.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.