The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Don't forget the small bodies of water can produce big....  (Read 938 times)

Offline spb802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it's cold I'm on the hard water...
Over the years I have noticed people tend to forget about the small bodies of water which can produce some big fish, over the last couple of years I have put two mounts on my wall both coming from water bodies barely over twenty acres. Two years ago, was a 43" northern weighing in at 17 lbs. and last year was a 16.25" white crappie. Both now living in my living room admired daily. Would attach photos but cant figure out how to via using my iPad. Good luck to everyone this season be safe out there.
My passion for fishing and hunting, I owe to my Father and Uncle Art. RIP Art Rye, I will cherish all the days on the hard water we spent together and all the days in the woods. Miss you...

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
Re: Don't forget the small bodies of water can produce big....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Love smaller bodies of water!!  They can produce some HOT action, even if the fish aren't always trophies!!  ;)

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline ditzlr79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I'm fishing I'm happy
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:31 AM »
I'm with you on that! People always think the bigger the body of water the bigger the fish. As this is true sometimes it's nice to see others give the small bodies of water the respect they deserve! Nice catches my friend! Hope to have half that luck this year!
There's Ice Fishing, then there's ice and fishing.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Over the years I have noticed people tend to forget about the small bodies of water which can produce some big fish, over the last couple of years I have put two mounts on my wall both coming from water bodies barely over twenty acres. Two years ago, was a 43" northern weighing in at 17 lbs. and last year was a 16.25" white crappie. Both now living in my living room admired daily. Would attach photos but cant figure out how to via using my iPad. Good luck to everyone this season be safe out there.

Get a photobucket account and it is very simple.  You click on the information button on the photo, copy the url and just past it into your post.
westernmas on the finder

Offline spb802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it's cold I'm on the hard water...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2014, 06:00 AM »

The crappie and the lucky jig upper right hand corner

URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/sbrisson07/media/imagejpg2_zps8d37f0f9.jpg.html][/URL]
The pike one a little old fathead...
My passion for fishing and hunting, I owe to my Father and Uncle Art. RIP Art Rye, I will cherish all the days on the hard water we spent together and all the days in the woods. Miss you...

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Nice fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.