Author Topic: Lake of the Prairies, FINALLY  (Read 6449 times)

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Lake of the Prairies, FINALLY
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2007, 05:42 AM »
Not a problem TD. I love LOTP's. Wish she was closer to home. :'( :'( :'(
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 18, 2007, 02:30 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[Report from Friday's outing......fishing at Andersons........tons of action.....small eyes by the hundreds......jig normally could never hit bottom..........caught 4 perch, 3 slots, 1 snot rocket and 1 burbot..........but biggies today.
Will be going out again on Monday. Hopefully the get on will be okay as we're having a good blow this afternoon.
More later. 8) 8) 8)

Offline TogoJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 18, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Was a road plowed down onto the lake at Andersons?

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 18, 2007, 02:41 PM »
 ;D ;D Road is plowed........maybe tuff getting on and off depending on today's blow :'( :'(

Offline fishingmom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 18, 2007, 02:42 PM »
Were is Anderson's.  I always fish at the Roblin bridge.  How far from the bridge is it?

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 18, 2007, 02:48 PM »
 :o :o Take the highway towards Pyott's......turn left about 2 miles south of the Pyott's turnoff ....and follow the road down 8) 8)

Offline FishFrier

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:19 PM »
can u still drive on a mile east of mitchells....anyone know?

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 20, 2007, 06:29 PM »
 ::) ::)Slow day, yesterday at Andersons.........lots a thieves but only 3 keeper perch........O'well there's always the next time :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline fishingmom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2007, 09:18 PM »
Well, I decided to try Anderson's this time.  Never been there.  I don't think I'll be going back.  I never saw a fish and I even bought a flasher.  Fished in about 15 feet of water.  Also, got a little stuck.  Thanks to "Brad" who was the only other person out there who helped me out of my little predicament.  Somebody pleeeeeeese tell me where are all the fish that everyone seems to be catching.  Must not have been a good day as there didn't seem to be many, if anybody, at the bridge either when I drove by.  Do fish stop feeding before a storm?  Boy, this is frustrating.  I'm beginning to dislike LOTP in the winter.  I also don't have live minnows.  Is that the only thing they bite on?  Grrrrrrrrrr.

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 23, 2007, 09:36 AM »
 :o :o :o Sorry to hear about your bad day...........where were you fishing ...did you go straight out towards the sand bar or did you go towards the south-east............we fish on the south east side in about
20 - 27 ft of water..........usually have lots of action most days.
Good luck next time :) :) :)

Offline fishingmom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 23, 2007, 10:24 AM »
I went pretty well straight out where the shacks are.  There was one truck out there, "Brad", in a shack and because I was a little leary of driving where no man has been (I was alone), I went where there was another person so that if I got stuck, I could get help (which I did  >:( >:().  Brad was fishing in about 25 ft of water but he didn't have much better luck - just some small perch nibbling.  He landed one just as I was leaving (around 6 PM).  Not good!!! :'(  Todryk, you should have left some fish for the rest of us  ;D.

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 23, 2007, 12:58 PM »
 ::) ::) ::) As I said earlier we fish in the other direction at Anderson's...
2 other shacks moved over our way from the sand bar last Monday.........we've been using both live and frozen minnows for wallys ....and meal worms and minnow heads for perch..........some of our neighbors have had good luck using perch eyes...........but some days are just better than others...........as some say," A poor day fishing is still better than a good day working." 8) 8) 8)
 ;D ;D ;D We are hoping to go out tomorrow depending on the blow thats happening out here today :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 23, 2007, 01:07 PM »
is there any action around at the dam?

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 23, 2007, 01:35 PM »
 :whistle: :whistle:As of the beginning of this week...........it was pretty slow at the dam.........haven't heard anything else :unsure: :unsure:

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 24, 2007, 11:55 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: Talk to a couple od fellas last night.........they said they
were catching some jumbo perch yesterday by the dam :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 24, 2007, 05:07 PM »
TD how is the population of perch? Any masters out of the bunch they caught yesterday?

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 24, 2007, 10:17 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I was told that there were as few
 over 13 ......the remainder 11 and under :bow: :bow:

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 26, 2007, 11:29 AM »
 :%$#!: :%$#!: Couldn't get out this week-end :%$#!: :%$#!:
 Can anybody tell how the bite was? :unsure: :unsure:

Offline fishingmom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 26, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Well, I went out on Saturday afternoon for about 3  hours with another fisherwoman to the Roblin bridge.  Was amazed at how few people were there on such a beautiful day.  Lots of shacks but there were only about 7 people (us included) fishing.  I was fishing in around 20 ft. of water.  I was the only person to catch anything.  I caught one walleye around 12 inches (wow).  I had two other strikes (probably small pickerel as well) but couldn't land them.  I even used live minnows.  My friend who sat right beside me didn't even have a nibble.  Was extremely slow.  I really didn't see much on the flasher either.  I think I saw something once.  Not really sure as this was only the second time I've used the flasher so I'm still learning how to use it.  Anyway, slow slow slow  >:( >:(.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 27, 2007, 05:40 AM »
Fishingmom how many holes did you drill? It's easy for me to say as I am sitting here typing  ::) ::) ::) but maybe holes from shallow to deep may of produced more. With only 7 people out that may be a sign things are slow.

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:35 AM »
 ;D ;D I agree with BW it is always wise to fish the deep to the shallows.
 Usually if the small are deeper the larger fish are shallower or vise virsa. :D :D

Offline fishingmom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 27, 2007, 11:53 AM »
We only had 3 holes dug because I don't have a gas auger and a very nice older man drilled the holes for us.  I hope to rectify the "no auger" problem soon.  I was always unsure if I could even handle a gas auger and the elderly gentleman let me try his so now I'm going to borrow one and see if I can actually start one up and actually drill some holes with one.  That being said, the older man was fishing in shallower water and we were deeper but he never even had a nibble.  So I really don't know what the problem was except that the fishing was pathetic  >:(.

Offline todryk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 28, 2007, 08:31 AM »
 :P :P Talked to a couple of fellas from Yorkton who were out fishing
at Andersons off the sand bar on Monday...........there was a crew near
them ...from Regina...who were over a deep hole and they were pulling
 keeper eyes like crazy......... ;) ;) guess I'll have to check it out :-* :-*

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.