Author Topic: Team Manitoba  (Read 8546 times)

grumpymoe

Team Manitoba
« on: Nov 29, 2005, 06:12 PM »
  just a day or two from the announcement of this years 2006 Iceshanty.com annual online tournament.....should be another great one and tons of fun as usual....looking for all to participate and show our friends what a diverse fishery we have available in Manitoba......last year we had categories for perch, bluegill, crappie, walleye/burbot, northern, lake trout, brown and rainbows, smallmouth and largemouth bass, chain pickerel....a few tweaks likely coming with the announcement....what I would like to see everyone here do is sign up within the one month period of december and post what category(s) you will likely target for the win...place...show...h ere's hoping I'm not putting too much pressure on Tipup....but I am counting on him to come through once again....I am going to target Lakers, Walleye, Perch and Burbot...possibly Crappie......and you????....Grump ;D

Offline muskee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Team Manitoba
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Hey grump its muskee how do we set up for the online tournee?
Tracy

Offline kevin.303

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2005, 06:52 PM »
i'm in. probably go for rainbows, burbot, pike, is there a catergory for goldeye?

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2005, 07:09 PM »
 i,m in for the big pike !!   first time entering so i will need complete info when available ;D ;D ;D ;D :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline Ashnohgrimbatul

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Is it basically a "big fish in each species" contest?  If so I'm in for Pike, Perch, Crappie, Walleye, and Whitefish. :)  Why is it walleye/burbot?  That seems like a strange combo....
Let there be ice.

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Im in for Pike, Walleye, Rainbows and I will see whatelse.
Team Manitoba

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2005, 09:08 PM »
Nobody likes Burbot ??? I'll take em !!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Nobody likes Burbot ??? I'll take em !!!!
....NO....NO....NO....they're all mine.....anyone throwing or returning a burbot back or on the ice.....is in Ac's and my BAD BOOKS....and Mountainmama's as well....bring them on....Grump......and Ac

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Ive never targetted burbot before, but maybe this march I will head to west hawk or something.  I hear the burbots are pretty good there.
Team Manitoba

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2005, 09:30 PM »
I'll be after Perch, Walleye and Burbot for the tournament, and the odd pike if it shows up.  As for a burbot lying on the ice, the only reason anyone else would get it is because they could run faster than me.  Burbot taste great!
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Ashnohgrimbatul

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2005, 09:45 PM »
I would have said I'd go for burbot....which I love to eat by the way...but I've never caught one angling before.  They were one of my goals last winter but the Winnipeg River just wouldn't give one up to me....maybe I'll join you at westhawk chrisn.  Do we actually have to say what species we are going for or can we submit whatever we catch?
Let there be ice.

Offline Thane

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2005, 10:23 PM »
Snoozed last year and forgot to enter the derby before the closing date for entry.  I'll be sure to enter this year.  Got a few spots for potential big burbot. ;) My largest was a 34.5 inch pig a few years ago.

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:39 AM »
Just A friendly call out....your all welcome to visit BC and sample some real fisheries ;D ;D ;D

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2005, 04:43 AM »
Oh I will definitely be in. Lake Manitoba Burbot look out.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:50 AM »
I would have said I'd go for burbot....which I love to eat by the way...but I've never caught one angling before.  They were one of my goals last winter but the Winnipeg River just wouldn't give one up to me....maybe I'll join you at westhawk chrisn.  Do we actually have to say what species we are going for or can we submit whatever we catch?
...just getting an idea of what everyone will target....whatever you catch that is eligible for the tourney is great.....Grump :tipup:

Offline mountainmama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:11 AM »
    Since I'll be fishing with Grump, my targets will be similar to his--- only difference--------mine will be bigger!   :woot: :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: The challenge is on, partner.  ;D ;D  mountainmama

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:31 PM »
I will be after Pike,Walleye,Perch,Crappie,and of course Burbot.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline Miss Walleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:58 PM »
I am similiar to Mountain Mamma, i will be fishing with Reelmaster, so we will be tartgeting the same species. But of course my will be bigger and heavier for sure. ;D But i am in for the tourny for sure. First year contendor, and watch out for beginner's luck. 8)
Play hard at work: Work hard at play.

Fish on, Jeff! Come here!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Beginner's luck got me a weekly drawing...and a gentleman's prize...I'm going to sign up, enter what I can, and hope for the random drawings.  I got my expectations a bit too high last year...I guess maybe I'll get Mrs. Thriller to sign up so she can kick TGF's butt in the burbot category so long as I'm not the one losing the fish down the hole.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline northernpike204

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2005, 10:17 PM »
lol Cant beat the size of lake mb bubots i seem to gt huge ones in the fall and i hear the winter really brings em out. IM new on this site so i hope you will all see some fish out of me and my buds.

Offline WALLYWHACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Work is for days I don't fish!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2005, 10:34 PM »
jumper sausage is done! :) bring on the walleyes, perch,northerns and burbot! :flex:
up to 10" ice in places on dauphin lake.some places only 2"

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 01, 2005, 06:52 PM »
 Northernpike204 and wally good to see you guys on here! 8) I'll be trying for burbot perch,pike, walleyes, crappies and hopefully trout too.

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2005, 09:34 AM »
 When does it start do we have to go somewhere or do we just go to different spots.If so Im in I'll go for Perch,Pike Sauger and Walleye.If we catch a different species than what we say can we still enter it. ??? ???
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline Bo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2005, 09:50 AM »
We would like to join in this year.  I assume that as we check on this board in the upcoming weeks it will become clear how we sign up for the tournament.  We will be fishing for pike and rainbow trout (and sauger) and will probably have a go at walleye on the red.

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2005, 09:53 AM »
 Right on Bo. You said "we" might be competing...if your fishing partner isn't on this site get em to register so they can enter too!! :) I can guarantee when the sign up comes up there will be a post on this board letting the manitobans know.....we are going to slay this year!!! ;D :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Yellowtail here is a link to last years tourney....have a look around you should find all the answers to your questions. most of the rules should stay the same but there prolly will be some changes which will be stated when all the 2006 tourney info comes out. :)
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=85.20

Offline Bo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2005, 10:22 AM »
My fishing partner is my nine year old son.  We always fish together and take turns reeling them in.  We only have on email address, so it seems to me we only get one personality on this forum, which suits us fine.  We started ice fishing last year and are pretty new to ice fishing techniques and strategies, but had some very good success last year (pike, rainbow, sauger).  For the tournament, do we each need our own entry?

grumpymoe

« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2005, 11:22 AM »
one email addy is okay......if you want to register your son to qualify for any prizes from the tourney, he has to be registered.....the only thing you would have to do, is give him his own logon on your home computor...Grump

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2005, 05:52 PM »
trophy hunter       thaks for the link to last years tourney       all my questions were taken care of    can hardly wait for this years   oops  i better buy that digital cam soon      hint hint  santa    i have been good this year :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:05 PM »
 No problem bud...the tourney is alot of fun and I think Manitoba is going to have some nice entries this year again 8)

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:24 AM »
I have never entered the Iceshanty.com annual online tournament but I may this year. Have to get myself a digital camera.....looking forward to post some pic's of Walleye, Perch and Burbot maybe even a Sturgeon  :whistle: my buddy caught one in his shack at Selkirk last year...there have been a few caught on the river lately  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.