Author Topic: Newest Hotspot - Lake Winnipeg East Side  (Read 10617 times)

Offline JAMOKIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Pay No More
Re: Newest Hotspot - Lake Winnipeg East Side
« Reply #30 on: Mar 06, 2013, 08:09 PM »
I enjoy reading mikeypikey posts and his pictures.
I don't see anyone doing a better job at posting  than him.
How about buckster post some pictures ?
He probably doesn't even fish just watches his computer and tries  to piss people off.
Job well done D Bag.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 06, 2013, 09:59 PM »
This thread was obviously written to piss somebody off or to get back at someone, its obvious!  Bet the guy who wrote it would be scared to show a picture of himself or give his real name??  I think I know who he is! 

Mikey, keep the pictures coming! 
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:00 PM »

I'd be happy to look into it for you carcus. Feel free to message me the info if you would like. If not, I understand.

As for all the other stuff in the thread, I envy mikey. He has a job that allows him to fish in the winter alot more than most if us.
[/quote]

Offline Bunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "when in doubt,set the hook!"
« Reply #33 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Small lakes should be kept a personal secret . But LW is not a secret, to much water not to share..
Shoals I shared cause it has lots of water and not everyone knows how to catch . So you might get 2-10 groups that actually come back. And most hard core fishers do practice catch and release..

If YOU ARE ignorant to peoples suggestions, opinions and sharing info on these fishing sites..

Please DON'T COME SAY HI! If you see me no the water. Cause your the people who we need to weed out..

I think this guy is someone who would help you if you needed it!!
Ignorance spreads lies!!  (IMO )
WOW. Seriously? ::)

Offline r.mazur

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:26 AM »
I for one appreciate all of mikeypikey's posts, nice to see someone on here sharing there success and offering helpful tips !! I've pm'ed a few people for advice or some helpful hints, the only one that ever responds is mikey, "THANK YOU" !!!! I'm sure fishing with you would be a  successful day of catching fish,if the bite was slow ,a day full of laughs . Would'nt want to fish with some other members on here,would be a long day in the shanty listening to them wine and cry about "MikeyPikey"!!! Keep up the great posts and keep the pictures coming, reading your posts and seeing those pictures just fuels my fire more to get out there and try harder!
KCCO

Offline Gamblerjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 07, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Do you think things are getting out of hand??  A friendly visitor tells me of a “public” road that allows access to Lake Winnipeg and I share the existence of that public road with other ice fishermen. The coordinates I gave were not over any water so I did not divulge anyone’s “special hole” on Lake Winnipeg. I guess those that first posted EOM, Balsam or Chalet Beach got the same whipping.

Well it’s time to share again. This time the pointers are on my own very special hotspot. It may not always produce great results but I can guaranty there is always lots of action. Yes, it is accessible by truck and parking is available nearby for those with sleds and quads. Come on out and enjoy as it is always more fun to have people around when you get that big hit. Those of you out looking for me can find me here on a regular basis but bring some friends so they can enjoy the action as well. I'll be the one with the big grin, see you there!!

50°21'40.39"N
96°37'19.53"W

Offline The_Big_Cat_Canada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:41 AM »
Wow I'm staying out of this one but I'm 100% in agreement with MP, I thought these sites were designed to post your pics and share your stories and I'm sure that some people will never post a pic hear in fear of all the bullies that patrol these sites. I weighed in on the vert hold on here and that post was shut down. Found a similar post on the other site "World Record Lake Trout caught in Ont" and continued the debate. I love every minute of it and my high light was a very cordial debate with Mr. Ken Kansas and it turned out great. We both agree that nobody can blame the vert hold alone for fish mortality when its the cumulative effect of catching a fish, fighting it, removing it from the water(time out of water is critical), touching it (VERT OR HORIZ)as both cause slime removal. So you have a ton of supporters Mikey and I love your posts and pics (can't wait until I post my MA pic in the old death grip vert hold) because I won't be releasing it as it will be hanging on my wall. Tight lines my friend

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Mar 07, 2013, 12:50 PM »
Oh brother ::)
MP stick to something your good at.....fishing!

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #38 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:04 PM »
I don't know why you've decided to label MFF Ron.  Those people work harder than any other outdoor forum administrator and moderators that I've known.  They do an awesome job of trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.

You have a lot to offer so I'm sure that you've never been given a listening to.  :)
Gatorhunter, I'm a firm believer that when you promise a kid (10 years old) something, you should deliver. That's just the way I feel. Kids are the future of our sport. When I'm older and I don't drive anymore, I hope that all the kids I take fishing now will remember me and take ME fishing once in awhile. Big Brother is very aware of what happened on that first MFF outing Lil Blue and I attended. (PM him or me and we'll inform you) I don't want to lament about it on Iceshanty. It does not concern this great site but the comments I see on this thread concerns me. The bashing needs to stop. As one of our American friends pointed out recently...."it's ONLY fishing...don't take it so seriously".
Yes Gatorhunter....I know that the Mods/Administrator on MFF are doing the best they can. I know they put a lot work into it. It's a difficult job. Kudos to them. Hope they learn from the mistakes they make along the way as it's a learning curve for everyone involved including posters.
Wish them well into the future.
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:08 PM »
Notice buckster join date!!! Older member be ignorant..
Mikey....Mikey....Mikey.......shame on you........you just insulted ME....check my "start" date......I'm really old!
I can tell you stories/fish tales til you're BLUE in the face  ;) ;D

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Mar 07, 2013, 03:34 PM »
lol ron your the good guy, wish the older member where more like you.. giving and forgiving..

but i got a trip plan with a new ice shanty member this weekend for monster pike , monster tulibees ,whitefish , walleyes and burbots all in one..

cant wait!!!
went shopping and ready to slay.. 24hrs of fishing.. fish walleyes for the morning , fish monster pike in the afternoon, evening walleye/whitefish/tulibees and night time big burbots..
get ready for a **** load of pictures sunday night!!..  hope weather behaves ..
I know where you're going  ;)
Good Luck and Good Fishing  :)
Blue igloo  :tipup:

Offline gillflare

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Mar 07, 2013, 04:34 PM »
Ummmm, hi all. New to the site....I kinda feel like I just walked into the house and my parents are fighting. Is this a fishing site? Now where the hell are the smilies????

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Mar 07, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Wow I'm staying out of this one but I'm 100% in agreement with MP, I thought these sites were designed to post your pics and share your stories and I'm sure that some people will never post a pic hear in fear of all the bullies that patrol these sites. I weighed in on the vert hold on here and that post was shut down. Found a similar post on the other site "World Record Lake Trout caught in Ont" and continued the debate. I love every minute of it and my high light was a very cordial debate with Mr. Ken Kansas and it turned out great. We both agree that nobody can blame the vert hold alone for fish mortality when its the cumulative effect of catching a fish, fighting it, removing it from the water(time out of water is critical), touching it (VERT OR HORIZ)as both cause slime removal. So you have a ton of supporters Mikey and I love your posts and pics (can't wait until I post my MA pic in the old death grip vert hold) because I won't be releasing it as it will be hanging on my wall. Tight lines my friend
Did the internet tough guy find it that necessary to post this load of crap here? In YOUR eyes, you did great in your discussion with Mr.Kansas, in everyone elses you look like a fool because you can't understand that vertical holds DO hurt fish, to what degree is debatable, but your ignorant! BTW if you were trying to threaten me on the other site... @)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Mar 07, 2013, 06:11 PM »
gee, you manitoba gals are nasty!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 07, 2013, 06:23 PM »
Gamblerjohn's only reason posting was to stir the pot, bet he's scared to reveal his true identity?

Offline Gamblerjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Mar 07, 2013, 06:59 PM »
Carcass I know who you are too. :o You are an instigating jerk on MMF and the same on IceShanty. >:(  You are consistently ill informed and demonstrate it regularly– grow up! ::)

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Mar 07, 2013, 07:30 PM »
;D ;D :o :o @) @) ::)  ENJOY YOURSELF............Re port to follow????????????
I'll PM you the details ....if you wish......you dirty dog  ;) ;D

Offline hot shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:01 PM »
grow up! ::)

I told myself I was going to stay out of this but if someone opens the door you gotta walk through.......

Several people could take heed to the quoted advice given above, including yourself Gambler - practice what you preach!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:03 PM »
Carcass I know who you are too. :o You are an instigating jerk on MMF and the same on IceShanty. >:(  You are consistently ill informed and demonstrate it regularly– grow up! ::)
Just as I thought, we will never know who you are, but no need for name calling, perhaps you would like to meet me on the lake in the morning and you could call me name to my face, doesn't mean much behind a keyboard.

Offline r.mazur

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:04 PM »
You have to do it while you're young cuz the old gals catch on quick  ;)
Speaking of old gals........my wife's blue Malibu is now off limits to me. She caught me mounting the power auger on the bike rack  ::) :P She also found the tire chains in the trunk.   :nono: The ONLY reason she checked the trunk was the warm sun of late kinda made a liquid mush of the half full tub of salties I forgot in there. :sick: :sick:
I'm hoping for some of that make up sex tonight  ;D

I'll PM you the details ....if you wish......you dirty dog  ;) ;D

We need pictures or it didn't happen ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o just kidding lol.
KCCO

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:27 PM »
You have to do it while you're young cuz the old gals catch on quick  ;)
Well I'm really out of luck then! :nono:
Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Offline hot shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:32 PM »

We gotta lighten up the mood on here  ::) :P ;) ;D

Ain't that the truth!!!!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:39 PM »
Look at the views! People love it, it really isn't much fun when all we are doing is patting each other on the back, kind of boring, can't take anything on the internet to seriously! Still like to know who the gambler is!

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:48 PM »
The parking there will be BRUTAL this weekend.....I just checked the Garmin website and that "hot spot" had the most hits since yesterday. A few more hits and someone will start collecting stipends  ;)  ;D

Offline avidangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:43 PM »
Nothing wrong with a little constructive criticizm ..Who really cares who is who anyway ?  lol  Keep up the dialogue  I am in agreement about too many nice fish comments also lol

Offline quickstrike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Mar 08, 2013, 06:58 AM »
gee, you manitoba gals are nasty!

Not according to the slogan on our license plates ;)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #56 on: Mar 08, 2013, 09:17 AM »
Everyone needs to just chill and go fishing.

New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.