The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: eskimo gas line size?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
eskimo gas line size?
« on: Jan 06, 2013, 04:41 PM »
Hey guys i have a eskimo z51 and my gas line rotted off where it goes through the grommet into the fuel tank. i looked on eskimos site and found it. all was good till they tried to charge almost $15 for shipping. just wondering if anyone knows the size offhand i will get  it elsewhere. thanks
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: eskimo gas line size?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:40 PM »
If you have the old gas line just take that to where you're going to buy the replacement line and have them match it.  Since you're going to have to take the gas tank off you can take that and they'll match the line but measuring the outlet on the gas tanks.

Offline qbyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:54 PM »
my Z51 did the same darn thing like chris338378 said jus take whatever is left of the line to the local hardware store and they should be able to match it up.

put the new line in and now i can't seem to git fuel to the carb must be plugged or diaphragm is broke... best of luck to you :tipup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2013, 05:30 AM »
Appleman, When you get the new gas line tall them you want an Eythanol resistant line, the Ethanole eats the lines and gaskets. 

Qbyfisher, I'm going to guess it was the Eythanol that ate or caused your gas line to rot.  If that's the case I'd be willing to bet it's messed up the seals and jets in the carb.  You can try using Seafoam to see if it helps but more than likely you'll have to have the carb rebuilt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.