The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Kezar Lake  (Read 1367 times)

Offline flagrunner88

• IceShanty Rookie
Kezar Lake
« on: Dec 12, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Just recently moved to oxford county. Looking at fishing Kezar lake this winter was curious if anyone had any information on this lake in regards to springs or places to stay away from early in the season or late in the season. Not looking for spots just looking for safe areas to fish and possibly places to park and access the lake. Thanks in advanced and tight lines.
Flagrunner88

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Kezar Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:48 PM »
It has been 6 years since I fished Kezar lake. I got on the lake from Upper bay launch. I am not sure about spring holes or sketchy ice. It is big and will take a while to lock up.

Offline nativetrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best time of the year!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2017, 06:26 AM »
Most years Kezar is not safe for the Jan. 1 opening. Once it does freeze there is usually a pressure ridge from the end of the ledges across to the point.If you get there early enough there is nice landing on the north end.  Great lake with some fat salmon!! NT

Offline flagrunner88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2018, 06:27 AM »
Most years Kezar is not safe for the Jan. 1 opening. Once it does freeze there is usually a pressure ridge from the end of the ledges across to the point.If you get there early enough there is nice landing on the north end.  Great lake with some fat salmon!! NT

Where are he "Ledges" and what point should I be on the lookout for?
Thanks
Flagrunner

Offline zhaaksdad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Where are he "Ledges" and what point should I be on the lookout for?
Thanks
Flagrunner

from the parking lot look out to the left, that's the point. further down on the left are the ledges. pressure ridge sometimes a little further out, and can be substantial.Lake can be a tad breezy at times...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.