New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 416861 times)

Offline snowmandan76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #2850 on: Feb 09, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Heard something about some going through at mayville today anyone know anything I was there with my boy till about 1 and didnt see anything

Offline Jakemanges123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2851 on: Feb 09, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Maybe he stepped in an old hole? I’ve been all over there the last 2 days never found anything sketchy.

Offline Iceman Grizz G

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2852 on: Feb 09, 2020, 08:14 PM »
I Was planning on coming over to fish  this coming weekend I have never fished the lake before I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where to park and head out to fish the lake any help or information would be appreciated thank you

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2853 on: Feb 09, 2020, 09:34 PM »
So much for packing your stuff up Manges..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Real good Steve, we were biting this morning..we were biting this morning...

Offline Jakemanges123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2854 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:17 AM »
So much for packing your stuff up Manges..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah. We got lucky that snow didn’t hit us a day or two earlier than it did or we woulda been donzo

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2855 on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Sure Grizz.
Let me suggest reading through the 96 pages of documentation prior to your post. I’m sure from there you will find a plethora of informtation including details as to where to park, where to go and what’s the best lure/bait of choice. 

High pressure turned the fish off yesterday. Had to work hard for them but came home with a limit of eyes, and a few dozen perch. Only keep 10” and better. Tight lights

I'll send ya a pm and fill you in when I get a minute
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline Iceman Grizz G

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2856 on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:06 PM »
I'll send ya a pm and fill you in when I get a minute

Thanks

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2857 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:12 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D More spoon feeding!!!!
Sure Grizz.
Let me suggest reading through the 96 pages of documentation prior to your post. I’m sure from there you will find a plethora of informtation including details as to where to park, where to go and what’s the best lure/bait of choice. 

High pressure turned the fish off yesterday. Had to work hard for them but came home with a limit of eyes, and a few dozen perch. Only keep 10” and better. Tight lights

Offline lazyjig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2858 on: Feb 11, 2020, 05:08 AM »
sbuffaloice likes to be spoonfed. LMAO. How you doin buddy? Been a while. Hope yure getting into them out there. We’re slowly finding some patterns and having some luck. Slowly. We’ll be back out friday through the weekend. Let me know if you want to tagalong.

Offline tlehr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2859 on: Feb 11, 2020, 11:35 AM »
North side has had the most action.

Thanks for the info. Ended up heading to Mayville based on the recommendation from Hogan's Hut.  Finished the day with some perch to take home and good memories for my boys despite their wet feet from the slushy conditions. Hogan's wasn't too forthcoming with what was working best but we made do.

Offline icebites

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2860 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Hope Wednesday night is mostly rain, Thursday through Saturday temps could lock things up nicely.  That slop was brutal at Bemus last weekend, good test for the waterproof boots

Offline chaddy721

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • wack em n stack em!
« Reply #2861 on: Feb 12, 2020, 01:58 PM »
Anyone have eyes on the lake today. Looking like we are gona give it a try friday. Colder temps should lock up the slush. Anyone getting crappies yet.

Chute82

« Reply #2862 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:50 PM »
I was off the lake before noon today and all the slush was frozen hard in my area...not sure what happened after noon...  just watch out for old holes...about 3.5-4” of good ice with about 1.5” of white ice on top. 

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #2863 on: Feb 13, 2020, 03:39 PM »
Reports page not used any longer? Been awhile since I been on here . . Looks to be the same ol.  . Yo chuckie where u at ? U boys hit up the tournament on tupper? I can see u at the point if my spots hot  :o
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline BillSzel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2864 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:04 AM »
Has anyone been out at the bell tower?

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2865 on: Feb 14, 2020, 10:31 AM »
 Will do brother. This years been crazy with the weather and work. Only made it doen to Case and Cuba a couple times. But am planning on a trip to Chatty this week 
sbuffaloice likes to be spoonfed. LMAO. How you doin buddy? Been a while. Hope yure getting into them out there. We’re slowly finding some patterns and having some luck. Slowly. We’ll be back out friday through the weekend. Let me know if you want to tagalong.

Offline lazyjig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2866 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Will do brother. This years been crazy with the weather and work. Only made it doen to Case and Cuba a couple times. But am planning on a trip to Chatty this week
atta boy. we did sodus today to change it up. tough outing to say the least. was hoping for some larger perch then the 8” average on chatty.
i’ll shoot you a text in the morning. we’re going to try off vikings for eyes first light and then go fill a bucket of perch for the freezer and to keep kim’s father happy. did you ever findthat cover for your auger?

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2867 on: Feb 14, 2020, 04:23 PM »
This weekend is the Mayville Winter Festival and free fishing weekend for New York.  Anyone not liking a crowd with a lot of noise will probably not be happy with Mayville.  I'll see you down the lake somewhere.

Offline lazyjig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2868 on: Feb 15, 2020, 03:08 PM »
Fistfights on the ice today in Mayville. I’ve seen some drunk antics before but there was a group of 8-10 guys throwing haymakers at one another on the ice. Good 200 people watching. Guess the excitement of catching 6 inch perch got everyone into a frenzy.

Offline Riddlefiddle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2869 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:13 PM »
That is one thing I have never seen ice fishing. A frozen perch could be a formidable weapon. ;D
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

Chute82

« Reply #2870 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:32 PM »
Fistfights on the ice today in Mayville. I’ve seen some drunk antics before but there was a group of 8-10 guys throwing haymakers at one another on the ice. Good 200 people watching. Guess the excitement of catching 6 inch perch got everyone into a frenzy.

You sure it wasn’t fist for free and not fish for free weekend?

Offline Jigemup247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2871 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:59 PM »
That is one thing I have never seen ice fishing. A frozen perch could be a formidable weapon. ;D

Offline lazyjig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2872 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:18 PM »
Lol
It was chaos. Guess it stemmed from a parking lot incident and carried over. Good ole free fishing days. Plus there was tons of garbage on the ice left. Pigs.

Offline lazyjig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2873 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:38 PM »

That, but a 5 inch perch dagger.
Seen guys parading around with buckets of grass perch today all proud. Maybe it’ll help in the long run.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2874 on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:14 PM »
Fished Mayville today, no 6" perch in my bag.  Catch near 100 and kept (30) a few 7's that were hooked bad most 8-9", better then nothing.  Got out away from the crowd.  Ice was 6-7", top 2" was frozen slush that you broke through if you got off the trail.  Even a few snowmobiles out there cruising around today.

Offline Riddlefiddle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2875 on: Feb 16, 2020, 06:16 PM »
Nice catch.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2876 on: Feb 16, 2020, 07:13 PM »
Fished Vikings. Tough day for us drilled well over 50 holes moved all over made it out to 41ft. 3 perch between 6 of us. Moved into 21 ft last hour caught one short eye and my son lost a nice one. Ice was 6 in mostly junk with some slush holes mixed inn.  Spudded in and out doable but junk snow ice. Be careful. Mark :tipup:

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2877 on: Feb 16, 2020, 08:01 PM »
After cleaning my perch from Sat, some of them had 1-1/2" baby perch in them, that is why perch eyes worked so good.  Minnows are OK but don't last very long after a bite, your constantly re-baiting.  With a perch eye you can catch at least a dozen fish or more before the eye is no good.

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2878 on: Feb 16, 2020, 08:34 PM »
Last weekend one of the perch I caught in Mayville spit up a partially digested 3” power bait minnow.

Offline eye spy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2879 on: Feb 16, 2020, 08:58 PM »
I would like to thank everyone who helped Cam and I have a great weekend on Chautauqua! We caught a lot of perch at Mayville keeping 70 over the 2 days. Many of you reached out with advice and some  even invited us to tag along with you! You have no idea how much I appreciate your kind gestures. Cam is only 6 but is an outdoor fanatic and had an absolute last the past 2 days.
PS I want to send a personal shoutout to one member who I won’t name for his great advice.  He had posted about doing well so I sent him a pm asking for general info since this was to be my first time. His response was “read the 96 pages”. I love the guys who love to brag about their catch but not willing to help someone out. I would rather no reply at all. 
Thanks again to all that helped.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.